2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Toronto dealer recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/10, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toronto dealer recommendations

When I rented a compact car last summer I got upgraded to a 2010 Mustang V6 convertible. Ever since I have wanted to buy a Mustang. Especially with the employee pricing program here in Canada it is hard to resist.

However, the dealers in my area (midtown Toronto) seem to either not have any Mustangs in stock (still deciding on the color) or I found bad reviews.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for a good Mustang dealer here in the GTA.
Old 7/4/10, 12:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by romendo
When I rented a compact car last summer I got upgraded to a 2010 Mustang V6 convertible. Ever since I have wanted to buy a Mustang. Especially with the employee pricing program here in Canada it is hard to resist.

However, the dealers in my area (midtown Toronto) seem to either not have any Mustangs in stock (still deciding on the color) or I found bad reviews.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for a good Mustang dealer here in the GTA.
Well. here's my recommendation: go buy in the States. Call Paul up at VanBortel Ford in Rochester N-Y. I got mine from him. Don't kmow of any To dealership. Sorry.
Old 7/4/10, 04:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Well. here's my recommendation: go buy in the States. Call Paul up at VanBortel Ford in Rochester N-Y. I got mine from him. Don't kmow of any To dealership. Sorry.
Not worth it for the V6; the difference in base price of the V6 Canada vs US is marginal ($24,800 employee pricing vs. $22,800 USD ($24,000CDN) IF the US dealer give it to you @ A-Plan.) Unfortunately, the spread is much larger for the GT.

And it only works if you're buying cash.
Old 7/4/10, 07:33 PM

Best Dealership In TO

Go to Twin Hills Ford Lincoln..

If they don't have the mustang you like on the lot they will order whatever you want. They also are really good on their pricing and will always give you the most incredible deal. I've been to many dealers and these guys always pull through..

It's just north of Elgin Mills on Yonge in Richmond HIll
Old 7/4/10, 08:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jaxdok
Go to Twin Hills Ford Lincoln..

If they don't have the mustang you like on the lot they will order whatever you want. They also are really good on their pricing and will always give you the most incredible deal. I've been to many dealers and these guys always pull through..

It's just north of Elgin Mills on Yonge in Richmond HIll
Thanks for your reply. I will check it out once I get a chance.

I did think of buying in the States. However, at the current prices and exchange rate it is not worth the trouble.
Old 7/4/10, 11:40 PM

HIGHLY recommend Erinwood Ford in Mississauga. I ended up driving from Hamilton to see them. They are the #1 selling ford dealership in Canada so I hear. They had a bunch when I was there, V6s, GTs, Shelby's etc.

Check them out, ask to speak with Dave
Old 7/5/10, 12:18 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Not worth it for the V6; the difference in base price of the V6 Canada vs US is marginal ($24,800 employee pricing vs. $22,800 USD ($24,000CDN) IF the US dealer give it to you @ A-Plan.) Unfortunately, the spread is much larger for the GT.

And it only works if you're buying cash.
im seeing V6 base at

base msrp-22,999
options-0
destination fee-1,350
ac tax-100
employee discount- -1050

total=23,399
Old 7/5/10, 07:27 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
If you don't mind a bit of travel, Eastgate in Hamilton is amazing to deal with.
HIGHLY recommended.
Old 7/5/10, 07:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
im seeing V6 base at

base msrp-22,999
options-0
destination fee-1,350
ac tax-100
employee discount- -1050

total=23,399
That would be for the "value leader". Which means your choice of options is next to "zero" with cloth seats and 17" wheels -- you literally cannot order any options with this car except the block heater and remote start.

Papers like the TO Sun like to advertise the $23,399 price (Younge-Steeles Ford, etc) to get you into the store then high-pressure upsell you, because they don't have them in stock (when they advertise "25 to choose from" they mean in Ontario -- they would have to do a dealer trade. been there, done that.

But the US/Canadian price spread is the same for the V6 even at the value leader level.

PS If you're as far out as Hamilton I would recommend Mohawk Ford on the Hamilton Mountain.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 7/5/10 at 07:58 AM.
Old 7/5/10, 05:30 PM
V6 Member

Black GT

I bought mine from Joe G. At Planet Ford in Brampton.

Picked up in June so did not get the July employee price but with the Costco rebate and the Ford Credit first payment incentive as well as carcostcanada pricing, was almost exactly the same.

Also noticed they raised the interest rates.

Would not buy in the US due the inconvience and financing etc.

But that is just me.
Old 7/5/10, 05:45 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for all your replies. I think Hamilton might be a bit too far since I don't have a car. I definitely want to check out Erinwood Ford due to the large selection.

Sparky, this just confirms what I read about Yonge-Steeles Ford. Plus, they have nothing on their lot despite that "33 hour sale" last weekend. Maybe they actually sold everything...

It is good to hear that there are a few good dealers around. I just wish they were a bit closer.

Thanks again.
Old 7/5/10, 06:57 PM

+1 for Erinwood Ford. I checked out a couple dealers when I was looking into a SportTrac Adrenalin, and of all the dealers Erinwood had the best service and selection. The sales guys were eager to help and I didn't get the run around when I started asking would kind of prices I was looking at. I ended up with a Cherokee SRT, but had I gone with the Adrenalin I would have definitely gone to them. Hopefully I'll be going to them in about a year looking for a 2012 Boss.
Old 7/5/10, 08:41 PM

Hey Romendo, here is my once upon a time story... goes like this, when I was a pup in 1986 I went to Erinwood Ford (with parents in tow to co-sign) it literally blew my mind to see about 40 Mustangs in the back lot. I picked out a candy apple red one with sunroof that was WAY in the back. I still have it today! Goggle Erinwood Ford and you will see what they have in stock. It's much better to shop this way than to go to the dealerships. With respect to Boomers comment about Eastgate, I would personally pass. Boomer you must have some pull there because when my wife made some inquires about a vehicle there a few years ago, they were basically pigs to her. She is not one of those Barbie dolls, she knows her cars and drives them the same way. I would even say Goggle all of the Ford dealers in Southern Ontario and see what they have. Now with Employee pricing until the end of August yes it is more affordable if you have cash as the financing is 6.99%. The V6 Value Leader Mustang is $21,949 down from $22,999 without options of course, the V6 coupe is $25,049 down from $26,999 and the GT coupe is $34,899 down from $38,499. Have fun with the search and when you land the one you want ~ let us know. Regards,
Old 7/5/10, 09:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cobralaci86
Hey Romendo, here is my once upon a time story... goes like this, when I was a pup in 1986 I went to Erinwood Ford (with parents in tow to co-sign) it literally blew my mind to see about 40 Mustangs in the back lot. I picked out a candy apple red one with sunroof that was WAY in the back. I still have it today! Goggle Erinwood Ford and you will see what they have in stock. It's much better to shop this way than to go to the dealerships. With respect to Boomers comment about Eastgate, I would personally pass. Boomer you must have some pull there because when my wife made some inquires about a vehicle there a few years ago, they were basically pigs to her. She is not one of those Barbie dolls, she knows her cars and drives them the same way. I would even say Goggle all of the Ford dealers in Southern Ontario and see what they have. Now with Employee pricing until the end of August yes it is more affordable if you have cash as the financing is 6.99%. The V6 Value Leader Mustang is $21,949 down from $22,999 without options of course, the V6 coupe is $25,049 down from $26,999 and the GT coupe is $34,899 down from $38,499. Have fun with the search and when you land the one you want ~ let us know. Regards,
Thanks for your story. I already looked up the inventory of a few dealers on Ford's dealer connection web site. I still need to look at them in person, though, because I just can't make up my mind regarding the colour. Personally, I like pretty much all of them - from what I have seen in pictures. I just need to see them in person. Around here - midtown Toronto - there are not many Mustangs.

I'll see how my search goes.
Old 7/5/10, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

Been to Erinwood Ford, and decided against them. Horrible offer on my trade in from them.

The only guy I will EVER go to from now on, is Bill at Heritage Ford in Scarborough! He's a car guy, straight up, no bullpoo, and soooooo easy to deal with!

Not sure what kind of stock they have in at the moment.

When I need another car, I'll be going to him again, even though it is waaaaaay out of my way!!!!!

Last edited by Boomer; 7/6/10 at 08:37 AM.
Old 7/6/10, 08:37 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by NIXTANG
Been to Erinwood Ford, and decided against them. Horrible offer on my trade in from them.

The only guy I will EVER go to from now on, is Bill at Heritage Ford in Scarborough! He's a car guy, straight up, no bullpoo, and soooooo easy to deal with!

Not sure what kind of stock they have in at the moment.

When I need another car, I'll be going to him again, even though it is waaaaaay out of my way!!!!!
LONG time no see!
Old 7/6/10, 08:40 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by cobralaci86
With respect to Boomers comment about Eastgate, I would personally pass. Boomer you must have some pull there because when my wife made some inquires about a vehicle there a few years ago, they were basically pigs to her.
Sorry to hear that man...
Personally I've had nothing but good dealings there.
Old 7/6/10, 11:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
LONG time no see!
Yup, you too!

Hows the green machine treating ya?
Old 7/6/10, 12:25 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by NIXTANG
Yup, you too!

Hows the green machine treating ya?
It's blue..thanks for paying attention :P

its good, but feeling needs for upgrades
Old 7/6/10, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
It's blue..thanks for paying attention :P

its good, but feeling needs for upgrades
Ooops, my bad! Sorry about that. It's been awhile......

Why don't you upgrade to a 2011 GT? That's what I did!

Quick Reply: Toronto dealer recommendations