Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Now this doesn't look appealing for most to see this car here
Old 12/25/08, 08:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Now this doesn't look appealing for most to see this car here
That's Top Gear for you. Entertainment at its best!! Can't wait to hear about their review.
Old 12/25/08, 09:33 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car looks great, but as several others have stated, the HID cluster looks out of place on the 2010 'Stang.
Old 12/25/08, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
The car looks great, but as several others have stated, the HID cluster looks out of place on the 2010 'Stang.
I believe if they were set in a black bucket instead of silver they would look better.
Old 12/25/08, 10:35 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I believe if they were set in a black bucket instead of silver they would look better.
Yeah, I think you're right.
Old 12/25/08, 10:35 AM
GT Member

F@%k Top Gear. If i was Ford,i wouldn't let them anywhere near my car. They lied about the GT500,they lied about the Tesla,they're a bunch of morons with nice production values that will destroy your cars rep depending on whether it's entertaining or not. F@%k them.Entertainment only,if that,i can't believe anyone would listen to anything those goons would say.
Old 12/25/08, 11:13 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Along with parts which are not lining up correctly to other adjacent parts. Hopefully this is a mule rather than a production version.
Old 12/25/08, 11:15 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by KatarHol
F@%k Top Gear. If i was Ford,i wouldn't let them anywhere near my car. They lied about the GT500,they lied about the Tesla,they're a bunch of morons with nice production values that will destroy your cars rep depending on whether it's entertaining or not. F@%k them.Entertainment only,if that,i can't believe anyone would listen to anything those goons would say.

I thought I was the only one who hated that ****ing show. Fifth Gear>Top Gear
Old 12/25/08, 11:40 AM
Cobra Member

I too find it very annoying and frustrating when they get their facts wrong, but I dont watch Top Gear for facts, it's an entertainment show and I find it hilarious. If I want facts I'll look them up.

nice pictures
Old 12/25/08, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
That's Top Gear for you. Entertainment at its best!! Can't wait to hear about their review.
If I were @ Ford I'd sure have something to say about it ! kiddy's seeing a pic and relating it to daddy's car or something stupid.
So I went ahead and mailed the Big Kahuna about this

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 12/25/08 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12/25/08, 01:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you
have taken to write us. You should expect an answer to your inquiry within two business days.
Old 12/25/08, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Top Gear > All TV.
Old 12/25/08, 03:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Reverend
Top Gear > All TV.
+1. The show is AWESOME!!! If anyone takes JC seriously, doesn't know what the show is about anyhow. I'll take that show, doing tests on HyperCars like the Zonda, Koenigsegg, and Veyron, over any other car show in the states. They test things I never would normally see being tested here in the states. And the "races" and "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" parts are simply hysterical.

Like THRUST said, if I want facts I'll look them up online or in a magazine. I watch that show for entertainment!
Old 12/25/08, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Top Gear = Meh.
Old 12/25/08, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

What they had to say:
http://www.topgear.com/us/features/m...-ford-mustang/

Ford really needs to prove it "gets it" right about now, and here's one small piece of proof that it does: Equip a 2010 Mustang with the rear-camera option, go find someplace empty. Stop. Put the car in reverse and the big, console-mounted screen will give you a view from the rear bumper. Turn off traction control, bring all eight cylinders to bear, light up the tires and revel in 10 seconds of your own personal burnout video. And what a burnout it can do.

Granted, this feature will be enjoyed by about .18 percent of Mustang buyers, but the fact that Ford engineers snuck this one through, a little digital soul, speaks to a newly expressive and more genuine approach to building cars. You can't force anyone to buy your car, and as mean quality and reliability rise across all automakers, vehicle purchase is often as emotional a decision as economic.

Mustang ownership is about the experience, and Ford has done much to create a great one in the new model: handsome lines, better driving dynamics and an interior that's not torn from 1986. And Mustang, it's good to report, still translates as value (unless, of course, "Shelby" is part of the model name); the V8-equipped GT starts at $27,995, making it still the least-expensive 300-plus hp vehicle on the market.

Ford brought us to sunny Los Angeles to sample the new 'Stang, a venue appropriate both for many boulevards to cruise down and surrounding canyons to tear through. And tear we did. We can't tell you what the stereo sounds like or how well the A/C works, because the windows were always down and the V8 providing all the music we needed. It helps that the cold-air intake is routed such that a percentage of the engine's induction growl is transmitted into the cabin. Nice touch.

The new Mustang of course comes with a 4.0-liter V6 as well. There, we mentioned it. The 4.6-liter V8 is essentially the same slightly tweaked version that powered the popular Bullitt model, and features 315 hp and 325 lb-ft of torque. This specific output isn't all that impressive, but the Mustang will run, without hiccup, on 80-something-octane **** water pumped out of a barrel in the bowels of Mexico. Fork over for high-test and you'll get an extra kick in the pants from 1K-3K rpm.

There are other V8s that, frankly, do everything better. But it doesn't much matter -- for the price, the 4.6-liter is a sweet piece of iron, extremely tractable and willing. And Euro and Japanese finery be damned, this small block produces a siren song of combustion so sweet you'll find your foot deep into the throttle often and without remorse.

Ford has been applying some of what it learns kicking *** on the racetrack (like the European FIA's GT series, where the FR500C has won the GT4 championship two years running against Porsche Caymans and Aston Vantages) to making the Mustang work better on the street. A technological old hag with a makeover is still an old hag, however, and solid axles are happier on a smooth track than they are on the street.

The new Mustang doesn't just benefit from the Bullitt's powertrain, but also gets what is essentially its suspension. Ford has had 45 years to work on making the solid rear axle work, and while it doesn't do wonders for ride, on smooth roads (all we got to drive on), the three-link arrangement effectively harnessed the V8's hefty grunt. The standard limited-slip differential does a heroic job of flinging the 3,550-pound beast out of tight corners.

There is a "Track Pack" available for $1,400. The word "value" cannot be expressed more completely. The Pack includes performance front and rear brake pads, revised shocks and dampers, 255/40-17 Pirelli PZero RFT maximum performance summer tires, a unique stability-control program, a 3:73 rear-end with carbon-fiber discs in the limited-slip for extended high-temperature use and shock tops, rear lower control arms and antiroll bars from the GT500. Just the tires are $287 each from Tire Rack, plus shipping.

The Track Pack transforms the car. Challenge it laterally and the new GT is Bullitt good: fun, quick and a bit imprecise. The new GT with Track Pack will travel an equivalent stretch of road significantly faster. Much, of course, has to do with the PZero's heroic grip, but there's no discounting the vast improvement in turn-in, midcorner stability and total composure. Where the GT gets a bit confused handling simultaneous elevation and directional changes, the Track Pack-equipped car dives in. Ford left the stock GT springs in place, and as a result, ride doesn't suffer and the car handles midcorner bumps well. On both cars, a lingering foot on the brake at corner entry much helps place the car's heavy nose where you want it. Unfortunately, the Track Pack doesn't address our only nagging dynamic complaint: steering feel that's disappointingly numb.

What doesn't disappoint at all is the new Mustang's styling. The first (and second and third) time you see the new Mustang, you think "Wow, this really is a good-looking car" rather than the previous "Wow, this is a good-looking Mustang."

Unlike other "retro" competitors, the Mustang's shape employs just enough early cues to spark nostalgia without becoming lost in it. Sculpted rear haunches, a powerdome hood and sequential tail lamps present on a Mustang for the first time since 1969, are all welcome updates. The new shape is slipperier too, with a 7% reduction in drag on the V8 model while creating 23 percent less front end lift at speed. Understeer be gone! If you have an extra $1,095, you'd do well to select the optional 19-inch wheels that are slightly reminiscent of Halibrands (option code 64X); they look fantastic.

No one has ever bought a Mustang because they fell in love with the interior; starting with the 2010 model, they might, at least, have a friend-crush on it. Ford says they moved away from the "linear expressions" of previous Mustang interiors, by which they mean eschewing the hard plastic tackle boxes glued in formation that previously passed as an interior.

Interior surfaces are, gasp, soft to the touch, and feel decently expensive. Some panels don't just look like aluminum, they actually are. You can customize the various interior LED lighting scenarios about a bazillion different ways, and the full array of Sync, navigation, thumping stereo systems, etc. are available. The seats are comfortable if you fully extend the lumbar support, but Ford knows their customers, and their customer's average girths are girdle worthy; our 32-inch waist wasn't very firmly coddled when the going got twisty.

So did Ford get it right? We say they did. It's been a while since there's been a Mustang that tugs at the heart strings of Americans young and old, male and female, motorsport-fixated and secretarial (it's about volume sales too, people) as much as this one. And few cars beg for a road trip like a pony car - stay tuned for some kind of mile-unraveling adventure.
They Like It!!!!!
But how could they not.
Old 12/25/08, 04:25 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
lets see what Jeremy thinks of it
Old 12/25/08, 06:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They look fine on a V6, but It's the inboard placement and size of the HID unit that makes them look out of place on a GT. They just don't look right with the BIG fog's in the grill on a GT.

I think TopGear is a Great Show. If you don't get it it's because you're waaaayyy too serious. I've always loved British Television, and gotten their sense of humor.
I LOVED this line...

What doesn't disappoint at all is the new Mustang's styling. The first (and second and third) time you see the new Mustang, you think "Wow, this really is a good-looking car" rather than the previous "Wow, this is a good-looking Mustang."

As for the pic outside the Strip Club... C'mon, Please, it's not like none of us has ever driven by a Strip Joint and never seen a Mustang parked outside. Of course the number of Corvettes, and Camaro's definitly out number the Mustangs. Usually cause it's the Girls Dancing that drive the Stang's, cause the Guys that drive Stangs, usually have the girl in the passenger seat, they don't need to go to Strip Clubs.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/25/08 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12/25/08, 09:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TampaBear67

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=blue]I think TopGear is a Great Show. If you don't get it it's because you're waaaayyy too serious. I've always loved British Television, and gotten their sense of humor
Nope,not to serious at all,i love British humor,Pythons(which is influenced by Steve Allen and Sid Caesar),Peter Sellers,Office,all the way back to Chaplin and Laurel. I don't mind the pure entertainment of the show. I don't mind a harsh critique of a car or pointing out its flaws......if they're true. Making up crap about a car to suit their storyline is where i get annoyed,it's basically slander. With all the mess of the '99 Cobra,i'm shocked Ford didn't go after them for claiming the GT500 didn't make its 500HP. I don't care if the English measure their HP differently,they presented as fact that it didn't make the power. Now,they're fudging the numbers on the Tesla review,only those guys can't afford to let it slide,good for them. F@$k Top Gear,i'll stick with Fifth Gear.
Oh,a Mustang outside a strip club? Awesome. That would be a good **** day,testing a new GT and seeing naked women.
Old 12/25/08, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, I can't believe how much praise the Track Pack is getting! Every single review has mentioned it as a dramatic improvement and a great value.

I still think a drag pack would have been cool with a NA 5.4, 3.73's and drag suspension. Oh well.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Photos