Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

For those wondering about upgrading brakes, particularly for Auto-X or Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/15, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Lightbulb For those wondering about upgrading brakes, particularly for Auto-X or Track Days

Auto Track Day Monthly posted a great article in the Mustang Motorsports section. I wanted to share in the General forum as well, since there is a TON of useful information for those with questions about brake upgrades. From my own experiences at road courses I can tell you this article is spot on. Enjoy:

http://www.autotrackdaymonthly.com/i...-track-day-use
Old 2/26/15, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of good information there. I'm definitely bookmarking that for future reference. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 2/26/15, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great read! Thank you, deff know what I am doing next...
Old 2/27/15, 07:39 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by clucas
A lot of good information there. I'm definitely bookmarking that for future reference. Thanks for sharing it.
Originally Posted by GBStang13
Great read! Thank you, deff know what I am doing next...

I like that it gives you nice to have and must have breakdown. It's also encouraging to see that they strongly recommend the dual-pad strategy. One for the street and one for the track. That's what I've been doing, but I've always wondered if I can get away with just one set (because it's not like I'm lazy, I just enjoy dong nothing). The answer is a clear NO.

I also got good info from the biasing section. I'm actually increasing the cP of my rear pads this year, and it looks like it will help with reducing front temps as well.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 2/27/15 at 07:41 AM.
Old 2/27/15, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I run more aggressive pads on the daily because I use their attributes almost daily because of the driving that I do just to get from point A to B. The stock pads don't hold up well here in Germany. I'm going to upgrade the rear pads and rotors next and some cooling and lines. I should be good for a while after that. Great stuff.