Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Those who are waiting should reorder

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/10, 03:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who are waiting should reorder

I have been following this board for months. I ordered on March 24 and took delivery June 14. Almost 3 months, which I expected. IMO those that have ordered before me and still are waiting I would really cancel my order and re-order. Obviously your cars are going back and forth between ramps and the factory to be fixed, and the speculation & rumors why runs from A to Z. I personally wouldn't want that car and would start fresh. As far as a deposit is concerned I would think the interminable amount of time would warrant a refund, or just use the deposit on the new order..... From Mike Royce, consumer advocate "The law concerning vehicle deposits varies from state to state. In most states, however, your deposit is fully refundable, no questions asked. In court cases in some states, however, dealerships have won the right to keep the customer's deposit when the customer cancelled the deal."

Anyway, good luck....The car is worth the wait...
Old 6/24/10, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Thanks for the advice, I think I will just hold off on Fords for a while
Old 6/24/10, 04:36 PM
V6 Member

I agree with you! I cancelled my original dealer car, and re-ordered another one. I'd rather wait another 2 months, than get a car that has been sitting unmoved for over 2 months, and is STILL sitting there!
Old 6/24/10, 04:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is slowly becoming a very sad reality. 14 weeks have come and gone. Very sad indeed.

Last edited by fritzOSU03; 6/24/10 at 08:10 PM.
Old 6/24/10, 08:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'd be very careful before doing this. Ford no longer has the retail order verification process. That means that your dealer is restricted by both their allocation and Ford's commodities. This could slow down turn around time for even receiving a VIN dramatically versus when the ROVP was in effect. Also don't be suprised to see selling prices climb at alot of dealers that no longer have the supplemental allocation available through the ROVP.
Old 6/24/10, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The predominant rumor is that all of the Mustangs that have been held back will be shipped by the end of June. That's less than a week from now. There's no way I'm going to cancel and re-order and wait another month or two. Yes, I'm annoyed that the car has taken so long to ship but I'm not worried that the car has turned rotten from sitting in a parking lot for two months.
Old 6/24/10, 09:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RandyW
The predominant rumor is that all of the Mustangs that have been held back will be shipped by the end of June. That's less than a week from now. There's no way I'm going to cancel and re-order and wait another month or two. Yes, I'm annoyed that the car has taken so long to ship but I'm not worried that the car has turned rotten from sitting in a parking lot for two months.
Yup, you just know that as soon as you dump that first one and re-order that it will show up and you will be kicking yourself waiting for the new order to come in. And then some other glitch will happen and the new order will get delayed.
Old 6/24/10, 10:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Does anyone REALLY think they'll have all the retail orders shipped by the end of June? I don't.
Old 6/24/10, 10:45 PM

I can't cancel after all this time because it WILL show up after I do and to watch someone else waltz in and take MY car would be gut wrenching! It has finally moved off ramp 51 and is at least moving around so sooner, rather than later, one of those moves is going to be to a truck that gets it here, its only 180 miles away! If there is anything wrong with it, thats what warranties are for. If its a piece of junk and in the shop more than out then thats what the lemon law is for. I'll take my chances!
Old 6/25/10, 05:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
This is slowly becoming a very sad reality. 14 weeks have come and gone. Very sad indeed.
@ 22 weeks from order, 6 weeks from build

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Does anyone REALLY think they'll have all the retail orders shipped by the end of June? I don't.

When Domino's Pizza is late, they give you a coupon... at this point, anything short of a complimentary service service plan or extended warranty is unacceptable
Old 6/25/10, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
I'd be very careful before doing this. Ford no longer has the retail order verification process. That means that your dealer is restricted by both their allocation and Ford's commodities. This could slow down turn around time for even receiving a VIN dramatically versus when the ROVP was in effect. Also don't be suprised to see selling prices climb at alot of dealers that no longer have the supplemental allocation available through the ROVP.

Delayed gratification isn't preached much anymore these days, is it? Makes me think of the old Heinz ketchup commercials: "The best comes to those who wait." Even they have changed their tune, with squeeze bottles. They should change their motto to "Heinz. Get some NOW."
Old 6/25/10, 09:46 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I feel the same way.....

Originally Posted by Kahdir
Thanks for the advice, I think I will just hold off on Fords for a while
Old 6/25/10, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
I heard the end of July. And jo blow rumor over there heard the end of August. And maybe it will be this year sometime...........get the picture?
Old 6/25/10, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GRABOID
I heard the end of July. And jo blow rumor over there heard the end of August. And maybe it will be this year sometime...........get the picture?
Yes, I get the picture. That's why I said the "predominant rumor" and didn't claim that it's the truth. Believe me, I'm not counting on these cars shipping by the end of June but the source seems credible, and if you look at the list that Corvettedreamin has put together, a fair number of these "old" cars have been delivered.