2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/13, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me its more about the car I love my GT don't get me wrong and have no corals with the Boss other than the first years color schemes :P but for me its really about the dream... since I was 4-5 years old always loved Shelby's from the AC Cobra to the GT350 & GT500 not so much the Daytona but that's just personal preference I would love to have one but would rather have an AC Cobra. But for me it's more about that dream some people dream of one day owning a castle my dreams has always been Shelby. And if I buy it I would guess its gonna stay perfectly OEM only add-on will be an air freshener :P but who knows that could change... if this speech works on the Lady Boss then it's a done deal
Old 10/12/13, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

You're probably correct as far as profit goes... like I said in above post it's more for me because I know I could NEVER own an original Shelby the first of its kind. Even if I could afford it I would be afraid to drive it for fear of scratches, paint chips. And I'd be afraid to garage it for fear of the the garage giving out and falling on it or the garage bursting into flames. With the 2014 will be the last Shelby (at least by the looks of it) and it will be something wont be TOO afraid to drive :P

Originally Posted by cfraser
I would think people would be far more into the "last Boss", that's pretty much a guaranteed money-maker. Did you ever drive one? If so, then you know why. Just saying...if future "profit" is the motive.
Old 10/12/13, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are a few pictures I took with my crappy phone camera of what I hope to be my new baby
Attached Thumbnails Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...-shelby-1.jpg   Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...-shelby-2.jpg   Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...-shelby-3.jpg   Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...-shelby-4.jpg  
Old 10/12/13, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by punishermustang
Here are a few pictures I took with my crappy phone camera of what I hope to be my new baby
HE!! YES! Buy it now! Really though, if you can afford it, why not!
Old 10/12/13, 06:02 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
We can't take anything with us when we take our final dirt nap so I say go for it!!!
Old 10/12/13, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG!!!! What are doing man!!! BUY that beauty before somebody else does.
Old 10/12/13, 06:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Believe you me I'm itching at the pants to put her in my driveway but if I do it without the Boss woman's approval I'll end up sleeping in it... which personally a blanket and a pillow and I'm game :P then I know that nobody is messing with it in the night hopefully I'll know something by end of this week my job tonight is to clean WHOLE house so that when she comes home I have a bargaining chip
Old 10/12/13, 06:15 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,635 Posts
Believe you me I'm itching at the pants to put her in my driveway but if I do it without the Boss woman's approval I'll end up sleeping in it... which personally a blanket and a pillow and I'm game :P then I know that nobody is messing with it in the night hopefully I'll know something by end of this week my job tonight is to clean WHOLE house so that when she comes home I have a bargaining chip
Work it!!!
Old 10/12/13, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This car is very similar to ours except ours is a vert. Don't you want the track package with adjustable suspension?
Old 10/12/13, 06:53 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Clean house for Shelby? Lol I hope she gets you for more than that
Old 10/12/13, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

I honestly don't think I'll use it that often... the adjustable suspension would be nice to have but the lighter rims aren't huge issue the extra oil coolers and the torsen differential would be great but not sure if they'd really be worth the extra money cause from what I can see the deal I'm after on this standard version is pretty awesome.

Last edited by punishermustang; 10/12/13 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10/12/13, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Clean house to get her to talk about getting the Shelby then begging, jewelry, more begging, cooked dinner, and then hopefully I'll have her convinced or maybe just one rollercoaster ride in the 662HP Monster might seal the deal (I'm never that lucky lol)

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Clean house for Shelby? Lol I hope she gets you for more than that
Old 10/12/13, 07:51 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,691 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Do it, without a doubt if the funds are there
^^BINGO!!!
Old 10/12/13, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you can swing it...buy it.
Old 10/12/13, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I wanted the Shelby MORE than my husband lol so no extra favors were needed for that purchase... But really, follow your dreams! If you can swing it...GO FOR IT! The 14' GT500 if absolutely insane! I never drove anything like it...sheer rawr horsepower! I still like roasting tires in third...... she will get over it ....can't wait to mod her out over 800+ hp....you can't do that in a GT.....just saying : D
Old 10/12/13, 09:13 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I honestly don't think I'll use it that often... the adjustable suspension would be nice to have but the lighter rims aren't huge issue the extra oil coolers and the torsen differential would be great but not sure if they'd really be worth the extra money cause from what I can see the deal I'm after on this standard version is pretty awesome.
Clean house to get her to talk about getting the Shelby then begging, jewelry, more begging, cooked dinner, and then hopefully I'll have her convinced or maybe just one rollercoaster ride in the 662HP Monster might seal the deal (I'm never that lucky lol)
Holy one sentence responses, batman

Old 10/12/13, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I do that just for you cause I remember how much it bugs you. On a foot note... the more I research into this car the more I fall in love with it. I didn't know that the first car Carroll Shelby made for Ford was an Oxford White with Blue stripe GT350. I knew the car but never paid that much attention to the color scheme.
Old 10/12/13, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Understood. We don't ever plan to track our car and since many tracks won't even let a vert on the track, why spend the extra money?
Old 10/12/13, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

And it's not really a run-on sentence so much as it is me typing as fast as I'm thinking. And just can't get enough words out to express how excited I am about this car. lol
Old 10/12/13, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea I talked to salesman about that. He said if I wanted to run a convertible GT500 I'd have to have a rollcage welded in. Oddly enough the convertible Mustangs don't really do it for me I love the look just not my cup of tea. Course I say that and I've never driven one might be different looking out from the inside.

Quick Reply: Thinking of putting Punisher to rest...