31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

TheaReaper = Hypocrite

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/14, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas S
2014 now and a 2017 or 2018 later if you can afford to do that. They will probably update the drive train by then because that's what Ford does.
This is the thing that bothers me most about buying an early 2015.

Last edited by TheReaper; 4/19/14 at 03:53 PM.
Old 4/19/14, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Here's my worry: I think they might just refine all the aggression out of the car, what with all new suspension with irs and a new shell. There's a brutality and point and shoot charm in the 11+ S197, despite all the years of trying to clean up its image.

I don't think the weight loss on a V8 Premium GT is going to be as much as advertised and they aren't going to likely throw an extra 100+ horses in there like they did going from 10-11, more like more 8 UP (Unicorn-Power) like between 12-13.

We'll see on the straight line performance but, an S197 is an 11 second car on tires and a tune so, they'll have to do a fair bit to meet that.

I still have a note on my 2012 CR GT and I still love how I've set it up for me. So, I'm not in the market but, I will take one out when they hit the showroom.

Last edited by 5LHO; 4/19/14 at 04:37 PM.
Old 4/19/14, 11:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
So tired of all the complaining about the styling being too modern, being too European or whatever else BS I keep reading. The reality is that baby boomers are getting older and aren't going to keep buying cars that look like the cars of their youth. And there aren't enough younger people like me who like the retro enough to buy it. Mustang sales have been in decline for years and the decline has to hopefully stop. Beyond that, they've already copied the best elements of the 1st gen Mustang for the past 10 model years, so what so you guys want - a new Mustang II, a new Fox?

To survive another 50 years, the car has to evolve and attract buyers from all over the world. It's still got plenty of Mustang cues, plenty of power and is still a Mustang at heart, without a doubt. So get over the styling people because it's not going back to retro any more.
Old 4/19/14, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
So tired of all the complaining about the styling being too modern, being too European or whatever else BS I keep reading. The reality is that baby boomers are getting older and aren't going to keep buying cars that look like the cars of their youth. And there aren't enough younger people like me who like the retro enough to buy it. Mustang sales have been in decline for years and the decline has to hopefully stop. Beyond that, they've already copied the best elements of the 1st gen Mustang for the past 10 model years, so what so you guys want - a new Mustang II, a new Fox? To survive another 50 years, the car has to evolve and attract buyers from all over the world. It's still got plenty of Mustang cues, plenty of power and is still a Mustang at heart, without a doubt. So get over the styling people because it's not going back to retro any more.
You are my hero!!!
Old 4/20/14, 04:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So tired of all the complaining about the styling being too modern, being too European or whatever else BS I keep reading. The reality is that baby boomers are getting older and aren't going to keep buying cars that look like the cars of their youth. And there aren't enough younger people like me who like the retro enough to buy it. Mustang sales have been in decline for years and the decline has to hopefully stop. Beyond that, they've already copied the best elements of the 1st gen Mustang for the past 10 model years, so what so you guys want - a new Mustang II, a new Fox?

To survive another 50 years, the car has to evolve and attract buyers from all over the world. It's still got plenty of Mustang cues, plenty of power and is still a Mustang at heart, without a doubt. So get over the styling people because it's not going back to retro any more.
I can't say I disagree. Ford needs to follow the money that is for certain. They do need to attract a new generation. Ford also wants to take the car global.

I must be getting old and too set in my ways. LOL.

Still I had hoped ford would be a leader not a follower. You have to admit it has styling cues from a few different Japanese-euro cars. It isn't a bad thing. It's just not as unique as I had hoped as the S197 was when it first hit the scene.

This is totally my opinion. I till think the 13/14 S197 is sexier. The rear end of the S550 is hideous IMO. All that said. I did say the same thing about the 2010 when they first hit the scene. Maybe it will grow on me in time. :-) No doubt it will be a better car as this is the way of things.

I do believe the pure drag racers aren't going to like the IRS much. Wheel hop is going to be an issue especially in manual transmission cars.

Ok I'll shut up now. :-)
Old 4/20/14, 07:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
I can't say I disagree. Ford needs to follow the money that is for certain. They do need to attract a new generation. Ford also wants to take the car global. I must be getting old and too set in my ways. LOL. Still I had hoped ford would be a leader not a follower. You have to admit it has styling cues from a few different Japanese-euro cars. It isn't a bad thing. It's just not as unique as I had hoped as the S197 was when it first hit the scene. This is totally my opinion. I till think the 13/14 S197 is sexier. The rear end of the S550 is hideous IMO. All that said. I did say the same thing about the 2010 when they first hit the scene. Maybe it will grow on me in time. :-) No doubt it will be a better car as this is the way of things. I do believe the pure drag racers aren't going to like the IRS much. Wheel hop is going to be an issue especially in manual transmission cars. Ok I'll shut up now. :-)
I don't think it's the perfect design either but the overall intent is what I'm trying to focus on. The front is my least favorite part but I love the side and rear, as well as the interior. Overall I'd give it an 8.

Far as the IRS and drag racers, designing a car with an antiquated technology just to appease the 1% of buyers that seriously drag the car is silly. There'll be conversion kits from the aftermarket, considering there's millions of 8.8" and 9" rear ends out there!
Old 4/20/14, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's the perfect design either but the overall intent is what I'm trying to focus on. The front is my least favorite part but I love the side and rear, as well as the interior. Overall I'd give it an 8.

Far as the IRS and drag racers, designing a car with an antiquated technology just to appease the 1% of buyers that seriously drag the car is silly. There'll be conversion kits from the aftermarket, considering there's millions of 8.8" and 9" rear ends out there!
LOL. It's the complete opposite for me. The front is OK. The sides are OK too. The rear looks terrible to me.

I can't argue about your IRS statement either. I am certain there will be a solid axle kit from FRP. It's funny how things go full circle. 10 years ago you could get an IRS kit for your Mustang GT, and now you'll probably see a solid axle kit in the near future. LOL
Old 4/20/14, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chicago auto show

The 2015 did not look as good as the 2014's next to it at the Chicago auto show. That may change as Ford upgrades the platform. I bought a 2014, got a good deal, and I will wait till the update in a few years. Then I will buy a new Stang or Stano Motorsports is getting a lot of my $$$$$.

Last edited by rick0202; 4/20/14 at 05:06 PM.
Old 4/21/14, 07:30 PM
Cobra Member

I will be away from home for 2 weeks and if the 2014 auto Brembo car is still at the Dealer when I get back I will probably buy it.

Last edited by TheReaper; 4/21/14 at 07:32 PM.
Old 4/21/14, 07:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I will be away from home for 2 weeks and if the 2014 auto Brembo car is still at the Dealer when I get back I will probably buy it.
So would you be bummed if the announced HP rating in the 2015 GT is 440 or more?
Old 4/21/14, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
So would you be bummed if the announced HP rating in the 2015 GT is 440 or more?
I will be, I'm sure the s550 will go through a lot of changes in it's first year.
Old 4/21/14, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
I will be, I'm sure the s550 will go through a lot of changes in it's first year.
I'd wait until the specs are known, which will be in a few weeks.
Old 4/21/14, 09:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
I'd wait until the specs are known, which will be in a few weeks.
I hoping I can wait. I want a 2015 for the performance not the looks. I think my 2011 is a better looking car.