2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Taking delivery of my 2012 5.0 later this month! Have Vehicle Confirmation?

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/11 | 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Taking delivery of my 2012 5.0 later this month! Have Vehicle Confirmation?

I have my vehicle confirmation.

Here are the options:
6M
401A
Brembo
Confort
Electronics
Kona Blue
Accesories Package 5

Sticker price $40,800

On my Vehicle Order Confirmation it says priority 10 order type A. The manager says that I should recieve it by the end of this month!
Old 2/9/11 | 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats awesome. I cant wait for some pictures. Your not paying sticker right?
Old 2/9/11 | 10:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by unas2k5
On my Vehicle Order Confirmation it says priority 10 order type A. The manager says that I should recieve it by the end of this month!
You should know, either you misunderstood your manager or he's giving you wrong info.

Your car isn''t even scheduled to start production until 28FEB11 so at best it will be produced 01MAR11 (and even that's a stretch). Barring any more production delays and awaiting the "OK to BUY", and even if your dealer in Taylor Mi drove to the plant to pick it up, there's absolutely no way you're going to take delivery by the end of this month unless the delivery truck has a flux capacitor intalled; at best it will be a week into March.
Old 2/9/11 | 11:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
You should know, either you misunderstood your manager or he's giving you wrong info.

Your car isn''t even scheduled to start production until 28FEB11 so at best it will be produced 01MAR11 (and even that's a stretch). Barring any more production delays and awaiting the "OK to BUY", and even if your dealer in Taylor Mi drove to the plant to pick it up, there's absolutely no way you're going to take delivery by the end of this month unless the delivery truck has a flux capacitor intalled; at best it will be a week into March.
Thanks for the reply!
How did you know that I was buying it from Taylor Ford? Lol

He said that I should have it by the end of the month because their dealer due date is the 30th or something to that effect. He did go on and say sometimes they get them a little earlier and at times a little later. My first payment due on my loan is 4/3 I hope I take delivery of the car before I have to make my first payment. Do you work for Ford?
Old 2/9/11 | 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS
Thats awesome. I cant wait for some pictures. Your not paying sticker right?

Thanks

I'm paying the A plan price of 36,400 or so. It's about 38,717 out the door.
I have the exact numbers if you need them.
Old 2/9/11 | 11:08 PM
Banned

How did you know that I was buying it from Taylor Ford? Lol
I'm psychic.
He said that I should have it by the end of the month because their dealer due date is the 30th or something to that effect.
Sounds like an awesome dealer. He's really bending over backwards adding 2 extra days to February.

Do you work for Ford?
Bingo!
Old 2/9/11 | 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm psychic.

Sounds like an awesome dealer. He's really bending over backwards adding 2 extra days to February.

Bingo!

LMFAO!

Ok, so is my car at a high priority? Is 10 high? When should I be able to pull the window sticker?
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CF0C5204823

Thanks!
Oh my salesman has been fired lol I'm working with the manager he's pretty cool.
Old 2/10/11 | 12:02 AM
Banned

Ok, so is my car at a high priority?
No. But at this point it doesn't matter what the priority code is because it has a VIN and a build date already. Priority codes only matter on orders that aren't serialized (ie have a VIN) or scheduled. The reason you are getting it quick is because it's a dealer stock order that they already put in; Ford's not pulling retail (customer) orders until the "OK to Buy" is given. "A" orders usually refer to "A-Plan" orders.

Is 10 high?
Yes, the lower the number, the higher the priority. 10 is the highest that can be assigned at the dealer level. Yours is an 80. But like I said, that's neither here nor there -- the order is already scheduled.
When should I be able to pull the window sticker?
One week before the scheduled build date ie about 20FEB11

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/10/11 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Didn't realize you were A-Plan, confused you with another board member who wasn't,
Old 2/10/11 | 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Has the plant given "OK TO BUY" yet? Any word on that?
Old 2/10/11 | 01:46 AM
Banned

Nothing I've heard yet.
Old 2/10/11 | 02:39 PM

Wow...that would be great! I'm jealous since I ordered my 2011 GT in November and mine isn't supposed to be here until next week. It's already been shipped and is currently in transit. My order got in fast, but it has been delayed a couple time. If it's delayed any more...you may get your 2012 before I get my 2011.

Congrats...sound like a nice ride!
Old 2/10/11 | 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

congrats cant wait to see pictures
Old 2/10/11 | 10:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Javdog
congrats cant wait to see pictures
It "might" look like this!!!

Old 2/11/11 | 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

No. But at this point it doesn't matter what the priority code is because it has a VIN and a build date already. Priority codes only matter on orders that aren't serialized (ie have a VIN) or scheduled. The reason you are getting it quick is because it's a dealer stock order that they already put in; Ford's not pulling retail (customer) orders until the "OK to Buy" is given. "A" orders usually refer to "A-Plan" orders.

Yes, the lower the number, the higher the priority. 10 is the highest that can be assigned at the dealer level. Yours is an 80. But like I said, that's neither here nor there -- the order is already scheduled.
One week before the scheduled build date ie about 20FEB11
Thanks! Can't wait to pull the sticker up online!
The order confirmation says priority 10 that's where I got that number from.
Old 2/11/11 | 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

I have my vehicle confirmation.

Here are the options:
6M
401A
Brembo
Confort
Electronics
Kona Blue
Accesories Package 5

Sticker price $40,800

I love your car.
Old 2/11/11 | 01:00 PM
Banned

Thanks! Can't wait to pull the sticker up online!
The order confirmation says priority 10 that's where I got that number from.
Maybe he changed it to a stock order, this is what's in the system.

When did you order the car?

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/11/11 at 07:12 PM.
Old 2/11/11 | 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should be able to pull up your sticker about a week before the build date. Can vary a bit. I recommend doing it just to make sure the order is 100% correct. Anyway, no need to be concerned about that, my car was also ordered as stock. Dealers sometimes do this to get it built sooner than the okay-to-sell date, others may not bother with the option and just always set it to stock. Retail VS Stock doesn't affect much. The only two things I know of is that Ford doesn't pull retail orders until after okay-to-sell and also that two cars with the same priority at the same dealership, one stock, one retail, the retail gets priority over the stock.
Old 2/12/11 | 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe he changed it to a stock order, this is what's in the system.

When did you order the car?
I originally ordered the car on 1/14 but the salesman screwed up my order and was fired for ordering messes he always causes. The manager called me in to review my order and that's when I noticed that it was all wrong! He put in another order for me and said that their representitve was doing them a favor and mine will be ready for me quickly.

Do you know if my VIN number I have posted up there is correct?

Last edited by unas2k5; 2/12/11 at 08:06 PM.
Old 2/12/11 | 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by brycerichert
It "might" look like this!!!

Looks awesome! I thought that lowering a brembo mustang would ruin it's handling? What did you use and what effect did it have?

Thanks
Old 2/14/11 | 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just found out thru Deysha here that the vehicle confirmation I have wasnt for the VIN # I was given!
I'm so pissed off!!!!!

Quick Reply: Taking delivery of my 2012 5.0 later this month! Have Vehicle Confirmation?