Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/11, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
suspension question

I want to lower my '10 but also want a better handling car. I thought about going with the roush kit because it has everything needed and i like the way the stage 2 rides. If i just change out the shocks and put in say some frpp springs without changing up the sway bars How Will This Affect The Car's Ride?

And why do the FRPP/Roush kits come with different sway bars?
Old 4/28/11, 08:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nobody wants try and answer this?
Old 4/28/11, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't really know anything about the Roush kit. I am swapping out shocks/struts and springs, not planning on doing anything with the sway bars. I will recommend talking to Sam Strano, he's on the forum pretty often and knows a lot about suspensions. Let him know what you are looking to do with the car and I'm sure he can set you up with what you need.
Old 5/1/11, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mr. Strano can you explain this to me?
Old 5/1/11, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Hi Nick -- give Sam a call or PM, he'll talk with you about it.

I am planning to do the same with my 2010; I want to lower it a little but not too much (roads are terrible around here) and also firm up the ride a little but not too much for daily driving.

If you go with lowering springs and shocks (such as the Koni's that Sam has on sale) you should get improved handling along with the lowered stance. Some people will say you "need" other parts along with lowering such as adjustable panhard bar (to re-center the back of the car), caster/camber plates or camber bolts (to adjust camber which will be negative after lowering)

The lowering springs generally are (a little) stiffer than the stock springs so that will make the car ride firmer / handle better. To go with those stiffer springs you need better shocks, the stock shocks don't have enough damping to handle the stiffer springs. Be aware that the "super sport" springs are very stiff and probably no fun for daily driving on the road.

From what I have read, anti-sway bar selection is important to front/rear handling balance of the car (understeer versus oversteer) and can get a bit complicated.

Last edited by Bert; 5/1/11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo