2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sunroof?

Old 8/3/11, 12:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Wanna hear something really cool. We are going to build a home for a family and the shower in the master bathroom has large windows in it that expose it to an exterior garden. We are going to use that glass in the windows so that when they are in the shower they will have privacy with the opaque glass and then they can flip a switch and have clear glass the rest of the time. Pretty cool. The glass we are getting is just an on/off type of glass with no variable dial. Not sure that kind exists yet.
Seen this kind of glass at a club in miami for the bathroom doors... turns frosted when the door is locked. and see through when unlocked...

lets just say some drunk people forget to lock the door... lol. (not a pretty sight most of the time with drunk girls at about 2am)
Old 8/3/11, 12:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 586 Likes on 420 Posts
the shower in the master bathroom has large windows in it that expose it to an exterior garden. We are going to use that glass in the windows so that when they are in the shower they will have privacy with the opaque glass and then they can flip a switch and have clear glass the rest of the time.
Why would you want to do that?
Old 8/3/11, 12:14 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Believe me. Nobody wants to see these people shower. Some things cannot be unseen.
Old 8/3/11, 01:12 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Believe me. Nobody wants to see these people shower. Some things cannot be unseen.
So I take it this is an example of bad naked?
Old 8/3/11, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

So went to drop it off this morning...

They told me this morning would be perfect... but I get there and there's a Lincoln getting a roof put in, and about 3-4 other cars getting leather re-done/done.

I met with the installer, (not one of the sales guys) - and he said that truth be told he wont be able to get to it till tomorrow afternoon (thursday night) and may not be able to get it back to me till Monday. They dont work weekends.

I was a little miffed that I took time off from work to come drop the car off, arranged to use one of my parent's cars for the next few days not to mention getting all excited...

The guy was very nice though. Seemed very knowledgable, took the time to show me the lincoln he was doing, etc.. etc...

I decided to just be nice about it and not put up a stink about not being available when they told me to bring the car. I figure if i stay on his good side he'll do more to make sure the job is done well.

As a result I'm either dropping the car off tomorrow night (Thursday evening) or Monday morning.

I dont like the idea of the car being there all weekend (though it will be locked up in their shop)

Gotta call back tomorrow to see whats up.

Shop looked a lot better from the inside than it did from the outside, I'm a lot more comfortable with them doing the job now as well.

Review to be continued...
Old 8/3/11, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dropped my mustang off today for the Signature sport sunroof. they said they will need a full day to do it and they will start first thing tomorrow morning.

fingers crossed.....
Old 8/3/11, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Man ur gonna get urs before me, u suck! LoL j/k good luck with it and please post pics as soon as you get it done... you can be the guinea pig... that way if u dont like it i'll know ahead of time

In fact would you mind PMing me your number? I'd really like to text/call you to talk about your impressions on it tomorrow night when yours is completed.

My only concern was that they were saying it cannot be opened all the way due to the smaller roof. I get that completely but it may look kind of stupid to see it only half way open.

Last edited by starbai; 8/3/11 at 01:11 PM.
Old 8/3/11, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got another update from the shop, will definitely be monday morning... so please post pics/information ASAP (and pm that number if you dont mind)--

I may have the chance to switch to the 'pop out and back - spoiler' style if you hate the 'small opening' of the inboard one that you're getting before monday.
Old 8/3/11, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

it opens more than halfway, more like 2/3 of the way. I saw it on a hyundai they did. it really didn't bother me that it didn't open all the way. The fact that it opens at ALL is worth it for me. Yeah it looks a little weird from inside, but you have light and ventilation so the tradeoff is totally worth it.

I HOPE it will be finished tomorrow. will PM ya.
Old 8/3/11, 04:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You guys have a lot more nerve (or money) than me. There's no way I could spend that much money on a car and let someone start cutting a hole in the roof.
Old 8/3/11, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

all how ya look at it I guess...

to me I spent all this money in a car and it still feels incomplete without a sunroof...so how can I not 'finish' it off in a way that is 'that' important to me.

I hear what you're saying though, and you're not wrong, it is pretty nerve wrecking...

But, having had an aftermarket roof in another family owned car before, interviewing the installer, looking at his previous work, looking at the reputation of the chain installer and the actual sunroof maker, it all adds up in a way that definitely takes the edge off.

Hopefully it works out for bones and I.

bones please dont forget to post up pics from the interior of how much it opens, my suggestion would be to sit in the backseat and take a pic looking up... seriously thanks in advance boss.

Last edited by starbai; 8/3/11 at 05:19 PM.
Old 8/3/11, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sun roofs are so import. IMO
Old 8/3/11, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?? lol
Old 8/3/11, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

to me sunroofs are like heated seats. once you have them you just don't want to be without them again. Even if you don't use them every day, its the times you use them that make it so worth it.

Now I just have to get some Type R stickers and a couple of fart cans.....
Old 8/3/11, 07:10 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by starbai
all how ya look at it I guess...

to me I spent all this money in a car and it still feels incomplete without a sunroof...so how can I not 'finish' it off in a way that is 'that' important to me.

I hear what you're saying though, and you're not wrong, it is pretty nerve wrecking...

But, having had an aftermarket roof in another family owned car before, interviewing the installer, looking at his previous work, looking at the reputation of the chain installer and the actual sunroof maker, it all adds up in a way that definitely takes the edge off.

Hopefully it works out for bones and I.

bones please dont forget to post up pics from the interior of how much it opens, my suggestion would be to sit in the backseat and take a pic looking up... seriously thanks in advance boss.

Oh, I wasn't knocking you guys at all, making it your own is part of the car experience. I was just saying that there is no way I could do it. I dang sure couldn't watch it being done.
Old 8/3/11, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bones302
to me sunroofs are like heated seats. once you have them you just don't want to be without them again. Even if you don't use them every day, its the times you use them that make it so worth it.

Now I just have to get some Type R stickers and a couple of fart cans.....
or LED DRL lights and halo rings on the headlights
Old 8/3/11, 08:27 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
So I take it this is an example of bad naked?
Well one of thems a dude so that's always bad naked in my book.

Reminds me of yet another Seinfeld episode.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 8/3/11 at 08:37 PM.
Old 8/3/11, 08:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bones302
You know I thought so too...until I got my Mustang. My 11 year old Honda has a sunroof and thought I would never buy another car without it. But for some reason, sunroof are not important to me anymore and I can't understand why Perhaps the novelty were off for me.
Old 8/3/11, 08:40 PM
Post *****

Sunroofs mean nothing to me. I've had several and I got to the point where I never even opened the shade much less the roof. When I was young they were cool because they were in more expensive cars and it seemed kind of like a status thing. But now the only reason I get one is if it's already in the car I'm buying off the lot. My SHO has one and I'd have rather saved the $995 than have it, but I bought it off the lot and that was that.
Old 8/4/11, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by starbai
or LED DRL lights and halo rings on the headlights
I actually like those DRLs. If done right like they're factory, they look really good. I'm actually thinking of getting the ones you have now that I know what they look like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunroof?