Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Striping opinions requested

Search this Thread

Old 7/3/10, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Striping opinions requested

Never was enamored with the black striping the dealer put on my car. I like stripes (particularly on the white car), but this was a custom job vs a Ford stripe package and I thought they were too far apart. Having seen a couple black Mustangs with red stripes, I thought some red with the black might look decent... so I bought some red striping to 'live with' for awhile so I can decide if I want to have it painted like that in the future. My initial impression is, wow... me like. The wider red looks brighter than the skinny, but I think that's a trick of the light. Curious as to what the group says??

Old 7/3/10, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
Never was enamored with the black striping the dealer put on my car. I like stripes (particularly on the white car), but this was a custom job vs a Ford stripe package and I thought they were too far apart. Having seen a couple black Mustangs with red stripes, I thought some red with the black might look decent... so I bought some red striping to 'live with' for awhile so I can decide if I want to have it painted like that in the future. My initial impression is, wow... me like. The wider red looks brighter than the skinny, but I think that's a trick of the light. Curious as to what the group says??

I think that looks fantastic, and I am by far not a fan of stripes at all. I usually think they look pretty tacky...but the border stripe really add some tasteful detail to the car! Now That Ive seen this I wonder If thats what has bugged me about fords striping all along...

And I'm not saying this just because I am partial to Red, white, and black (see my avatar )
Old 7/3/10, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it looks OK, but I like single color red or grabber blue better. The two tone stripes down the middle look too much like a football helmet, IMO- but maybe it is just me having watched too much football.
Old 7/3/10, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Me Like Too.... but it does have a sports (team) look
Old 7/3/10, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon
...And I'm not saying this just because I am partial to Red, white, and black (see my avatar )
At least I can call out a Texas team.

I hadn't thought about it looking like a football helmet... but that's gonna bug me now.
Old 7/3/10, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it looks great!

My Mustang is Kona Blue with the Black Premium leather with GB stripe...Once I'm done with the exterior mods I have plan, I would like to do a BLACK Shelby Super Snake stripe and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a "touch" of GB with it. That way, I have a touch of GB inside and out.

What you have done gives me an idea of what to do. I need to figure out how (or find someone) who can do a "Photoshop" of this stripe package to gage how it will look on a KB Mustang.

Anyway, your stripe package looks great...better yet, it looks rather unique...which is something that all car enthusiast strive for
Old 7/3/10, 07:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
I think it looks great!

My Mustang is Kona Blue with the Black Premium leather with GB stripe...Once I'm done with the exterior mods I have plan, I would like to do a BLACK Shelby Super Snake stripe and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a "touch" of GB with it. That way, I have a touch of GB inside and out.

What you have done gives me an idea of what to do. I need to figure out how (or find someone) who can do a "Photoshop" of this stripe package to gage how it will look on a KB Mustang.

Anyway, your stripe package looks great...better yet, it looks rather unique...which is something that all car enthusiast strive for
I spent about $50 on these red stripes (with a lot left over), but before I was willing to even drop that much I tried the $4 roll from AutoZone/O'Reilly's. They have several colors... so for $10 and an hour you can look at some color right on the car.
Old 7/3/10, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not exactly my style but it's not bad. If you like it, keep them.
Old 7/3/10, 11:01 PM
GT Member

I think it is sharp and unique. What if it does look like a football helmet? Nothing wrong with that, if it is a good looking helmet. I say have it painted so all the red matches.
Old 7/3/10, 11:07 PM
GT Member

The only thing I might suggest is that you have the stripes stop before the front edge of the hood. Have the red border the black accross the front with a couple inches of white showing. My painter suggested that with my stripes and I think it classes them up. That is, unless your stripes go over the front bumper all the way to the ground.