2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Spotted.or pre2010 SE.but not much

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/07, 11:21 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Obviously everyone has different tastes too... like NOT everyone will think every aspect is great...
but for the most part, that's easy enough to change with the aftermarket anyway

Can't wait....
Old 8/20/07, 12:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I was told yesterday by a reliable source that we will see the 2009/2010 Mustang at the Detroit Auto Show. I hope this is true.
Only 5 months to wait then
Old 8/20/07, 01:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Obviously everyone has different tastes too... like NOT everyone will think every aspect is great...
but for the most part, that's easy enough to change with the aftermarket anyway

Can't wait....
Very true, there are reservations I have about the current design that other people cream in their shorts over, and vice versa I'm sure. Overall, I have faith that the guys in the Mustang shop didn't suddenly lose their minds, and that the recent record of improvement will continue.
Old 8/20/07, 09:34 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I dunno. I have found that when hitting a bump in mid corner the rear end of the current Stang can get a little twitchy. Nothing too unsettling, mind you, but definitely dodgier than my previous cars (all of which had IRS).

And that's from experience.
Y'know I've been checking that out lately on my morning ride to work, theres this nice old on-ramp that has a few bad spots in it and I've been paying attention to the rear end jumping around, its not to bad, and I've never felt like the rear end was going to slide out from under me, however, if you used to an IRS, I could see where this could be disconcerting. When I have the space, I get the speed up to the point where the tires start to whine and then I hold it there, listening to the sounds the tires make as they travel over bumps while keeping an eye on the speedo. To bad I dont have something to compare it too.
Old 8/21/07, 06:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Only 5 months to wait then
I sure hope so.
Old 8/21/07, 07:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm gonna be gutted beyond belief if there's not either a facelifted car or a concept at Detroit in January.

And I'll blame it all on you

Still, if it is there, you'll get all the glory
Old 10/16/07, 12:53 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know, I think the front end looks to narrow for the big body. It looks like they took a 98 front end and modified it. I think that once they try to build off of that it will start to look like the 98 body style again. Ford needs to steer clear of this euro looking mustang and stick to classic muscle car designs.