2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Solution for parking in tight spaces

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/13, 09:56 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I simply park in bfe and also park center of a line taken up two parking spots so hopefully no one parks next to me and if they do I pray they center up between two lines which leaves my car about 4 ft away from anyone's open doors!
Old 6/2/13, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always park to the left of a beam in my school parking lot so that if someone parks next to me, their drivers' side door isn't opening toward my car.
Old 6/2/13, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Last night the wife and I went out to eat. Parked very far away from anyone. There were lots of spots opened much closer AND it was raining.

But it never fails someone will always park next to you. Brand new F-150. And the a hole was on the line. I had zero space to get in, but fortunately I don't think he had a passenger.
Old 6/2/13, 09:59 PM
GT Member

I live in San antonio and i have always parked very far away and after owning my new 13' cs someone tried breaking into it ( had nothing in it ) they tore the door handle off completely and scratched it up real bad.... Now i think parking away is a target.

Then i double parked at texas road house and some tree hugger put window clings on my windshield and window that said "i park like an idiot".

I seriously just want to park. Wait. Break the next persons arm and beat them over the head with it. It is completely insane that i work so hard to pay for my very expensive new car just to have soccer mom and baby jr son of a b**** slam their red mini van door into my performance white sports car.
Old 6/3/13, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think I might be a little paranoid

Name:  ForumRunner_20130603_122621.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  12.6 KB
Old 6/3/13, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by YouGoGlenCocoa
Then i double parked at texas road house and some tree hugger put window clings on my windshield and window that said "i park like an idiot".
Originally Posted by Kevin0027
I simply park in bfe and also park center of a line taken up two parking spots so hopefully no one parks next to me and if they do I pray they center up between two lines which leaves my car about 4 ft away from anyone's open doors!
Well, yeah, taking up two spots is parking like an idiot. I hate seeing that nonsense. Generally, I park my 13 Black GT (no pity for any of you, black shows EVERYTHING) as far away as possible. That being said, keeping our beautiful cars dent-free doesn't entitle any of us to park like jerks, and frankly, if you're gonna take up two spots, you deserve to be towed or ticketed, at the least.
Old 6/3/13, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

^+100000000 that's the biggest douchbag move ever to take up two spots
Old 6/3/13, 03:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I live in San antonio and i have always parked very far away and after owning my new 13' cs someone tried breaking into it ( had nothing in it ) they tore the door handle off completely and scratched it up real bad.... Now i think parking away is a target.

I seriously just want to park. Wait. Break the next persons arm and beat them over the head with it. It is completely insane that i work so hard to pay for my very expensive new car just to have soccer mom and baby jr son of a b**** slam their red mini van door into my performance white sports car.
I live here too, and aside from parking at the back of a lot, I do not double- or cross-park, ever. That's the best way to make yourself a target for vandalism. Sorry, but the "tree-hugger" who put those clings on your window was right. Have a little respect for everyone else, if you expect them to show you the same respect. Neither your car nor my '13 Shelby GT500 have any more right to any space, much less two spaces, than any other car. Period.
Old 6/3/13, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I double parked today...

Attached Thumbnails Solution for parking in tight spaces-imag1455.jpg  
Old 6/3/13, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

To OP, take public transit.
Old 6/3/13, 06:54 PM
cmd

I bought a set of "Door Defenders" and use them. They work great. My 2005 vert has no door marks.i have some for my 2012. Never park without them!
Old 6/3/13, 11:29 PM
GT Member

Thats the thing... I dont double park in any area thats taking away a parking spot from anyone else. There are many many more spots for others to park even closer to the entrance as i park far away. I dont park like an idiot i park like a person who drives a 40,000 car and doesnt want to be parked by parks. People who go out of thier way to park next to me are the ********. God forbid you work your *** off in 100+ degree weather in the TX oilfield to pay for a nice car.

Last edited by YouGoGlenCocoa; 6/3/13 at 11:30 PM.
Old 6/4/13, 12:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
We saw a Porsche parked across THREE spaces recently. I guess it's true that the difference between a Porsche and a cactus is that with a cactus the ***** is on the outside.
Old 6/4/13, 01:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

God forbid you work your *** off in 100+ degree weather in the TX oilfield to pay for a nice car.
Cry me a river. I guess I don't work my *** off for my $65,000 car? I guess people don't work their asses off for $15,000 cars? How hard you work or in what conditions that work is done has nothing to do with this. You want to feel sorry for yourself, go right ahead. Nothing you've stated yet explains why you or your car deserves any particular space, or why you have the right to tell people not to park next to you. Perhaps if you pay the restaurants/stores/shops/bars you frequent a monthly rent, they'll reserve you a space. If you rent three of them, then you can tell people they can't park next to you. Until then, you're no different than anyone else and parking across two spaces--anywhere in the lot--is still making you more of a target than it is protecting your car. The clings on your windows should have made that clear to you. They could have done far, far worse. Keep doing it, and you're going to find someone who will.
Old 6/4/13, 04:04 AM
GT Member

You won't know where im coming front until someone breaks into that brand new car of yours for no reason big guy. But thanks for speaking so condescendingly. I can tell you're one of the guys at the office everyone loves....

Last edited by YouGoGlenCocoa; 6/4/13 at 04:21 AM.
Old 6/4/13, 05:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You won't know where im coming front until someone breaks into that brand new car of yours for no reason big guy. But thanks for speaking so condescendingly. I can tell you're one of the guys at the office everyone loves....
I think working in the oil field in 100 degree temps has affected your rational thinking.

Double parking, angle parking, or any other method that involves another car from parking next to you will only get some redneck truck owner to squeeze next to you. Then the outcome become ugly.

Last edited by Bucko; 6/4/13 at 05:37 AM.
Old 6/4/13, 07:01 AM
GT Member

My point is its absolutely insane that you cannot have anything nice because someone who doesn't work near as hard as i do is jealous of what i have. You can all stop trolling now
Old 6/4/13, 12:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You won't know where im coming front until someone breaks into that brand new car of yours for no reason big guy.
Old 6/4/13, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

My point is its absolutely insane that you cannot have anything nice because someone who doesn't work near as hard as i do is jealous of what i have. You can all stop trolling now
Become a doctor if you want a special parking spot until than you will be considered a douchbag
Old 6/4/13, 12:30 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even if you park properly you are bound to have an idiot park as close as he/she can due to jealousy. Seems to happen to me more often than not. However, as soon as you double park, the majority of people will think you are saying "Hey, I am better than you" to which you should expect the idiots to come out from all corners of the earth and attempt to block your car in, scratch it, dent it, well, you name it.

Quick Reply: Solution for parking in tight spaces