Search this Thread

Old 2/4/13, 03:49 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Exactly!

"It's not the Miles per gallon that matters. It's the Smiles per gallon."
Old 2/5/13, 10:08 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian_289
Thanks for all you do for everyone. You're awesome.
Thanks!

Deysha
Old 2/5/13, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by fdesalvo
I've lived with impractical cars for the past decade - 2 seaters with no real trunk. The Mustang is very easy to live with by comparison.
Hey, Frank, the S2000 has a real trunk, as long as you know how to pack light.
Old 2/5/13, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Hey, Frank, the S2000 has a real trunk, as long as you know how to pack light.
Man you're on fire tonight! Haha, yep. My gf has an H3, so we haul that beast out when it's time to hit Costco for that 40lb bag of frozen chicken.

I think the best and worst part of owning that Mustang is gonna be the back seat. My excuse for not being able to drive my friends around on the weekends will be gone! Conversely, when my niece and nephew come in town, I can actually haul them both around!
Old 2/6/13, 05:37 PM
GT Member

I called my sales guy today with the info I needed for Deysha. He also told me that he should a have a build date for me tomorrow.

So the wait begins.....again.
Old 2/6/13, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

I called my sales guy today with the info I needed for Deysha. He also told me that he should a have a build date for me tomorrow.

I'm guessing you didn't order it on 2/1, if you did and he gives you a build date (2/7 thats the fastest ford moved in history. I've been waiting 3 weeks and it hasn't been pickup from the dealer yet
Old 2/6/13, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by werdna65
I'm guessing you didn't order it on 2/1, if you did and he gives you a build date (2/7 thats the fastest ford moved in history. I've been waiting 3 weeks and it hasn't been pickup from the dealer yet

I have no idea. This is my first new car, as well as the first I've ordered. I ordered it on 2/1/2013. He put it through that day. I was told 60 days or something. I don't know he meant the wait on the car to be delivered or what. All I know is the dealer is "allocated" for Mustangs. Whatever that means. I know they had a good dozen GT's, 4 Roush's, and a couple Shelby's. Anyways I don't know if "Priority" has anything to do with it. He seemed to give the impression he was going to make it as high as possible for what it's worth.

Anyways, I'm under the impression it's just going to be "Hey, it's scheduled to be built on this date" not that it's going to be built on the 7th.
Old 2/6/13, 06:23 PM
V6 Member

I have no idea. This is my first new car, as well as the first I've ordered. I ordered it on 2/1/2013. He put it through that day. I was told 60 days or something. I don't know he meant the wait on the car to be delivered or what. All I know is the dealer is "allocated" for Mustangs. Whatever that means. I know they had a good dozen GT's, 4 Roush's, and a couple Shelby's. Anyways I don't know if "Priority" has anything to do with it. He seemed to give the impression he was going to make it as high as possible for what it's worth.

Anyways, I'm under the impression it's just going to be "Hey, it's scheduled to be built on this date" not that it's going to be built on the 7th.
Most all dealers are allocated for mustangs, it's the number they can have that matters, Mine gets 4 a year (he's a small dealer) and still has a 2013 red V-6 and a 13 shelby in the show room. So I'm stuck waiting for the first 2014 he will get, Salt is on the ground and I can save more money.
Old 2/6/13, 06:39 PM
GT Member

Most all dealers are allocated for mustangs, it's the number they can have that matters, Mine gets 4 a year (he's a small dealer) and still has a 2013 red V-6 and a 13 shelby in the show room. So I'm stuck waiting for the first 2014 he will get, Salt is on the ground and I can save more money.

I hear you, That's why I went with a dealer in the city. My local dealer has 4 mustangs. But they've been here for almost a year. I'm hoping that since the dealer I ordered from sells so many and has so many at a time, I'm hoping that'll cut down the wait a bit. I guess there's nothing I can do regardless.
Old 2/6/13, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
My order went in on January 7. By January 29 my dealer was able to give me the VIN, and tell me that the build date was February11 and the ETA was March 2. My window sticker came up on February 4 late at night. I learned that the build date is the date it finishes building. So production of my car should be complete by next Monday. Then it's just whatever time it takes to get it to my dealer in Washington State. The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT an oncoming train.
Old 2/7/13, 06:46 AM

Thanks for the PM, Ian_289. I’ll get back to you soon.

It’ll schedule soon, werdna65.

Deysha
Old 2/7/13, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats ! I dealt with the wait for my 2014 by buying a Boss 302
I found looking at and planning mods helped pass the time though too.
Old 2/7/13, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

Gotta clean up 2 items in your avatar there MadMoose... One of these things, is not like the other...

Name:  underHood.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  142.9 KB
Old 2/7/13, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Haha oh it's clean now. That pic is from the dealer lot. Does the sound tube delete make a difference in sound at all? I'm honestly not sure I notice it.
Old 2/7/13, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I just got back from visiting some family and we stopped in to the local Ford Dealer there.

Anyways, the long and the short of it is I ordered a 2014 GT/CS today. So how do you guys deal with the wait?
Motorboat.

A lot!
Old 2/7/13, 08:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MadMoose
Haha oh it's clean now. That pic is from the dealer lot. Does the sound tube delete make a difference in sound at all? I'm honestly not sure I notice it.
Not really sure about audio levels, my motivation was to remove that ugly black tube and make checking the oil easier. The Boss has 11 lbs less of sound insulation than a regular Mustang, so I doubt anyone could tell the difference between one with and without.
Old 2/8/13, 12:04 AM
GT Member

I guess it wasn't the build date. I don't know. The sales guy said he "should have it today" and that was yesterday. But I'm guessing he was meaning the VIN which I received today. Should have a build date by next week maybe? Who knows.

I suppose I'll just watch Youtube videos and daydream for a few weeks while I wait. I don't know how you guys do it haha.
Old 2/8/13, 07:46 AM

I guess it wasn't the build date. I don't know. The sales guy said he "should have it today" and that was yesterday. But I'm guessing he was meaning the VIN which I received today. Should have a build date by next week maybe? Who knows.

I suppose I'll just watch Youtube videos and daydream for a few weeks while I wait. I don't know how you guys do it haha.
You should have a build date by next week. You can PM me again around Wednesday for an update.

Deysha
Old 2/10/13, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I got lucky and found my "perfect" Mustang about an hour away at a dealership in Charlotte, NC. The dealership I bought from did a swap with a V6 they had and got me the exact car I wanted from another dealership. I have been watching YouTube vids pretty much every day since I put her on a boat headed for Germany last month on the 7th and she should be here within the next two weeks. Parts searches are good and bad at the same time. I can't wait to hit the autobahn. The wait continues...

Hope you get some updates soon. It is something special when you can order exactly what you want. Like I said, I got lucky.
Old 2/11/13, 09:42 AM
GT Member

I feel I got kinda lucky too. I was about 5 weeks from order to delivery. I have a great dealer near me that moves a crazy amount of vehicles so their allocation is good and for the shipping portion I'm sure it helped that I'm only about 30-40 minutes from the plant where they get built.