Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sighting of 2013 Sterling Gray coupes !!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/12, 11:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I showed her a picture of the one you're talking about on autotrader, but I think she was too shell-shocked by what she saw on the build and price. lol

I think the SG with white stripes actually looks pretty sharp.
Old 3/16/12, 11:40 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
...Wonder if that a track package or just brembo's?
No track pack on that one.
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...02296&refid=FV
Old 3/16/12, 11:53 AM
GT Member

Let me try to explain Spoiler Vs. Spoiler Delete...

First of all, there is no right or wrong here. Spoiler delete from the factory is just part of what makes us all Mustang fans - the ease of customizing this car and "making it your own".

That said, spoiler delete follows the classic architectural credo of form-follows-function. Unless you are regularly doing 150+ m.p.h., the spoiler is just a garish piece of jewlery - like Guido's pinky ring.

Spoiler delete is subtle, classic and always in good taste.

Spoiler is the "tramp stamp" on the stripper's back. Spoiler delete is the mischievious twinkle in the eye of the girl-next-door.

Spoiler is the young, anxious steer that wants to run down the hill and have his way with a cow. Spoiler delete is the experienced steer that knows he can walk down the hill and have his way with all of the cows.

Spoiler is the obnoxious loud-mouth in the parking lot that has had one too many. Spoiler delete regails you with witty banter at the cocktail party, and if you are paying attention to him, you just might learn something...

Hope that clears things up!!
Old 3/16/12, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by G8toGT

First of all, there is no right or wrong here. Spoiler delete from the factory is just part of what makes us all Mustang fans - the ease of customizing this car and "making it your own".

That said, spoiler delete follows the classic architectural credo of form-follows-function. Unless you are regularly doing 150+ m.p.h., the spoiler is just a garish piece of jewlery - like Guido's pinky ring.

Spoiler is the "tramp stamp" on the stripper's back. Spoiler delete is the mischievious twinkle in the eye of the girl-next-door.

Spoiler is the young, anxious steer that wants to run down the hill and have his way with a cow. Spoiler delete is the experienced steer that knows he can walk down the hill and have his way with all of the cows.

Spoiler is the obnoxious loud-mouth in the parking lot that has had one too many. Spoiler delete regails you with witty banter at the cocktail party, and if you are paying attention to him, you just might learn something...

And that, my friend, is the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest of the story!

STICKY THIS!!!!
Old 3/16/12, 12:02 PM
V6 Member

To correct the above analogy, at least regarding the stock GT spoiler:

Spoiler delete: The traditional white linen pocket square.
Spoiler: A pocket square that plays off the material and color of your tie.

Neither is wrong.
Old 3/16/12, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like you can now see them in every color from Fords website.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/
Old 3/16/12, 12:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
The spoiler comparisons do NOT, however, apply to you if you own a GT500. That said, I have never understood the inclusion of spoilers on cars not designed to peel your face off.
Old 3/16/12, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nah not really. I think the lip spoiler is a very classy subtle touch. I think the spoiler delete makes the car look "base model" IMO. You should try telling the Boss a Shelby guys that the spoiler is a "tramp stamp". Couldn't be farther from the truth. Everyone has there own tastes and i was simply stating it looks unfinished without it. Im not gonna write a novel about why i believe the spoiler is better with than without. You seem very worked up over this. Relax.
Old 3/16/12, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TheLeech
To correct the above analogy, at least regarding the stock GT spoiler:

Spoiler delete: The traditional white linen pocket square.
Spoiler: A pocket square that plays off the material and color of your tie.

Neither is wrong.
Well said. The stock GT spoiler is subtle enough to not draw attention to it yet it adds a nice dimension to the car. I mean lezbehonest here, were not talking about a clothing rack like those STis have on the back. Thats ridiculous. The GT spoiler just makes the rear look a little meaner and more sophisticated.
Old 3/16/12, 01:23 PM
GT Member

Heh, I am relaxed, Thrustang, with a Bailey's and coffee to prove it. You asked a question.

I agree, spoiler on a Boss or Shelby or other "peel your face off" car is appropriate. On a GT? ...just looks silly, boy racer.

Now don't get me started on those glass roofs! GAWD, that'll get me worked-up!

Last edited by G8toGT; 3/16/12 at 01:26 PM.
Old 3/16/12, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Heh, I am relaxed, Thrustang, with a Bailey's and coffee to prove it. You asked a question.

I agree, spoiler on a Boss or Shelby or other "peel your face off" car is appropriate. On a GT? ...just looks silly, boy racer.

Yea because the the Boss 302 and the GT with a track pack are a WORLDS difference in terms of looks, power and performance so the Boss will put that spoiler to good use but the GT will just look like a boy racer. LOL.

So now you're gonna rag on all my options? Glass roof was a compromise between a convertible and a coupe to make my fiance happy. Considering all the rave reviews on the glass roof and the miniscule negative impact on performance, I think its gonna be an awesome option.

Remember were on the same team here. No need to get all butt hurt about a simple statement and question. I never said anything negative about the spoiler delete just asked why, and simply said it looks incomplete.
Old 3/16/12, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Looks like a california special car to me. I wish I could see these or the performance package wheels on one!
CS cars have blacked out hood heat extractors. That is not a CS according to that.
Old 3/16/12, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Style is important too... i ordered my car as spoiler-delete. However the same day I get my base v6 pp im installing a 3dcarbon GT500 spoiler. I think it looks good. Its not like im painting my engine bay red and blue

Last edited by SlowRiderr; 3/16/12 at 03:23 PM.
Old 3/16/12, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Yea because the the Boss 302 and the GT with a track pack are a WORLDS difference in terms of looks, power and performance so the Boss will put that spoiler to good use but the GT will just look like a boy racer. LOL.

So now you're gonna rag on all my options? Glass roof was a compromise between a convertible and a coupe to make my fiance happy. Considering all the rave reviews on the glass roof and the miniscule negative impact on performance, I think its gonna be an awesome option.

Remember were on the same team here. No need to get all butt hurt about a simple statement and question. I never said anything negative about the spoiler delete just asked why, and simply said it looks incomplete.
I've obviously offended you with my ham-handed humor. My apologies, you and I are getting practically the same car. I'm sorry. Moving on now.
Old 3/16/12, 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've obviously offended you with my ham-handed humor. My apologies, you and I are getting practically the same car. I'm sorry. Moving on now.
Its all good bud.
Old 3/16/12, 04:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

What's wrong with the glass roof ! It's the best option i've ever ordered on a car period.

Last edited by montreal ponies; 3/16/12 at 04:49 PM.
Old 3/16/12, 04:58 PM
GT Member

I was making a funny. There's NOTHING WRONG with spoilers or glass roofs!

I guess I was swillin' too much Bailey's today and just cracking myself up with those posts.

(I almost got the glass roof myself but in the end I decided that it wasn't what a Mustang was to me).
Old 3/16/12, 04:58 PM
Bullitt Member

i have woken up to see the amazing SG coupe yay!!!!! thanks for posting the links!!!

as for spoiler delete, i got mine deleted because i want to put a GT500 spoiler on and do not feel like removing the stock spoiler
Old 3/16/12, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't like the glass roof on the 500.
Old 3/16/12, 05:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Steers have no ***** you know.

Quick Reply: Sighting of 2013 Sterling Gray coupes !!