Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Should there be another body variation?
yes....make a hardtop coupe
34.85%
no...waste of money, and fastbacks are cool
65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Should there be another body variation?

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/06, 04:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I hope, that you can find it..I'm very interested, in seeing what it looks like.
It appears that the old forum has been archived and jpegs removed, but I was able to locate the unrefined photoshop on my old pc, so here it is. Pardon the crudeness of the chop.

Attachment 5101

Realistically this could be a fastback with a trunk (My preference) or it could be designed as a hatch back similar to the supras/3000gts/camaros. I think the rigid trunk makes for a better performing car, but you can carry TVs and other larger cargo with the hatch open on a H/B.

Anyway. honestly there is a lot ford can still do to the mustang and keep it true to its heritage.
Attached Thumbnails Should there be another body variation?-mustang-true-fastback.jpg  
Old 7/18/06, 07:02 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by jarradasay
It appears that the old forum has been archived and jpegs removed, but I was able to locate the unrefined photoshop on my old pc, so here it is. Pardon the crudeness of the chop.

Attachment 5101

Realistically this could be a fastback with a trunk (My preference) or it could be designed as a hatch back similar to the supras/3000gts/camaros. I think the rigid trunk makes for a better performing car, but you can carry TVs and other larger cargo with the hatch open on a H/B.

Anyway. honestly there is a lot ford can still do to the mustang and keep it true to its heritage.
Now that, my friend.. is what a true modern day, Mustang fastback should look like..And your right, it could work, as either a hatch or trunk..But again, I must agree..I also think the rigid trunk ( my preference as well) does make for a much better, performing car..If only, I knew how to do, photo chops..Just imagine, the possibilities we could both come up with..Now lets just hope, the Ford designers may be watching..In fact, I just saved a copy of you're chop..I'm really, very impressed.. You did a very fine job, indeed..I'd swear, if you look at this, from a distance..You would be looking at, an updated 67 fastback, for sure..There's no doubt, about this design, realistically being a true fastback.. In fact, It should also be the next Mustang, that goes into production, in 09 (plus, it even has hips)..Like you said, there's a lot Ford can still do, to the Mustang, while at the same time..Keep true, to it's heritage..And this design, definitely, preserves that heritage..Also, if it's possible.. Is there anyway, you could do a chop, showing what the car, would look like, from the rear ?? It would be very interesting, to see what a rear angle view, would look like, as well..
Old 7/19/06, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say....bring back the notchback! Can i get a chop of one? Please?
Old 7/19/06, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kevinspann
I say....bring back the notchback! Can i get a chop of one? Please?
OK this really sucks because I have non of my photo editing software on my work pc, so this was done in excel. I know, pathetic, but until I get a chance at home this'll have to do you.

I dont think this is the direction I'd go with the notchback, but i'll start here and see where I end up when the chop gets done.

Attachment 5162
Attached Thumbnails Should there be another body variation?-notchback.jpg  
Old 7/19/06, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Cool

OK this really sucks because I have non of my photo editing software on my work pc, so this was done in excel. I know, pathetic, but until I get a chance at home this'll have to do you.

I dont think this is the direction I'd go with the notchback, but i'll start here and see where I end up when the chop gets done.

Attachment 5162
See this is what I wanted in a request I made, but nobody made it. They just told me that it would be like a convertible.

I made a drawing of a notch 2 months ago. It's crude I know.
Attached Images  
Old 7/19/06, 04:33 PM

Attachment 5101

Can you show me, or walk me through, how to do a photo chop ??? I do have photo editing software, on my PC..I've just never used it, because I just don't know how.. Anyway, I would like to do a rear angle view, and see what the full fastback, looks like, from the rear..
Old 7/20/06, 11:48 AM
Cobra Member

I voted "No".
Heck, I'm still waiting for an SE!! Plus, we can't even get a 5.4L in the Mustang GT. The last thing I want Ford to do is waste time and money in other areas.
Old 7/20/06, 04:17 PM

Attachment 5101

Hey Jarradasay, ?? what seems to be the problem ??? I asked, if you wouldn't mind either walking me through, how to do a photo chop, so that I could see what a full fastback looks like, from the rear..Or if you could, do a rear view angle chop, for me ?? However, for some reason..You haven't even bothered, to post a reply..If there was something, I had said that offended you.. the least you could do is, say so..But, I don't believe that I have..In fact, not only did I agree with you, concerning you're photo chop, but I also complemented you, on the very fine job that you did..Therefore, if you find that, as offensive..Then, you obviously took what I said, in the wrong way...
Old 7/20/06, 07:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Hey Jarradasay, ?? what seems to be the problem ??? I asked, if you wouldn't mind either walking me through, how to do a photo chop, so that I could see what a full fastback looks like, from the rear..Or if you could, do a rear view angle chop, for me ?? However, for some reason..You haven't even bothered, to post a reply..If there was something, I had said that offended you.. the least you could do is, say so..But, I don't believe that I have..In fact, not only did I agree with you, concerning you're photo chop, but I also complemented you, on the very fine job that you did..Therefore, if you find that, as offensive..Then, you obviously took what I said, in the wrong way...
Hold your horses. No offense bud, but patience is a virtue. I haven't even seen this thread since I posted last. Just an FYI that chop that you like took around five or six hours to do. and as you may or may not guess, i dont have five or six hours right now to do so. As for walking you through how to do a chop, really all it is.. is trying to learn how to airbrush and cut and paste, balance shadows, colors, and dimensions. There is not really much to walk through. If you talk to most of the guys here who do it, they are all self taught through trial and error. I would type more buy my son is crying. just jump in and try.
Old 7/20/06, 08:09 PM

Thanks, for replying back..I had no clue, that you weren't around, during the past couple days..I also didn't know, that it takes about 4 to 5 hours, to do a chop..Like I said before, this is something completely new to me..But anyhow, I'll give it a shot and I'm sure, that through trial and error, I'll figure out, how to do photo chops and thanks for the advice..
Old 7/21/06, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Ford got lucky with the mustang because we all know american cars are not selling like they used to... It wouldn't make sense to make a coupe..dodge and chevy will be competing pretty soon which will take up even more of the market...the best thing for ford is to invest on improving the fast back!