Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Should I....

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/14, 02:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Waiting for those top down days. Those are my freedom days.

I'm thinking I'm going to do it, but I'm keeping my Le Mans stripes. Might do the grilles, but not required.

I have the front splitter ready to go on. I want to do the side and rear splitters, spoiler, and find a way to get the rear valance and *somehow* adapt Roush tips to the Borla mufflers, as I don't want to change my mufflers.
Whatever it takes to stay sane man! I have a lot of things I do that keep me going that most think are crazy!

If you install a rear spoiler you're going to need to do some stripe work. If you don't put stripes over your spoiler I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off at your car!

John
Old 3/13/14, 03:10 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Just badly looking for a distraction, with all of this Leukemia business going on, and feeling like my world just crashed in on me.

I know chances are, I'll be fine and survive, but there is a part of me that's afraid it'll get worse and I'll never get to do the stuff I wanted to when I was healthy enough to do so.
Originally Posted by CiniZter
^ u hv a strong soul... ur signature says it all.
I agree with all the above.

If that is indeed the case, go buy a Shelby!!! Who cares how much more it costs??? I'm serious too. Tbh, if I was in your shoes, my next stop would be the Ford dealership and getting me a Shelby. I justify it as, it's not a Ferrari-type-out-of-reach kind of car, but it's still something attainable without destroying my family's future kind of thing

In the end, Danielle, YOU do what YOU want to make YOU happy. Do not let me, or anyone else in this forum (or outside this forum) tell you how to live your life or make you happy. I'm rootin' for you. You will kick this disease's a$$, AND have fun while doing it too. You go girl.
Old 3/13/14, 03:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,722 Likes on 1,225 Posts
The other thing to consider Danielle is,.....if you don't mind losing some money when trading it in or selling out right. Just because it isn't a "numbered" Roush. If you're okay with that,...I say go for it.
A Grabber Blue Roush would look killer! Especially a GB convertible Roush!
Oh,......and don't let that disease take control of you. You will win.
(Don't forget,...a Roush car gets the Roush wheels and tires, so save your money and don't get the Stance wheels and tire combo. Unless of course,...you're dead set on the Stance wheels and tires. Just something to think about.)
GOOD LUCK!
Old 3/13/14, 04:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, i'm not looking to turn it into a RSx 100% like a serialized car, but I'd like to add pretty much all the visual stuff that's in the base RS1 at least, and mix it with the mods I prefer.
Old 3/13/14, 06:19 PM

yeah, i'm not looking to turn it into a RSx 100% like a serialized car, but I'd like to add pretty much all the visual stuff that's in the base RS1 at least, and mix it with the mods I prefer.
Hi Danielle

My prayers out to you during your battle with this disease. I lost my wife to cancer 1 year ago and 2 days ago the woman I am dating just found out that she has cancer.....

Attitude is everything when dealing with this disease.... you can beat it! Remain positive and follow through with all of your treatments.

Your car can be a pleasant distraction during your treatment.... do what you want to it, make yourself happy. It is the best medicine in the world.

BTW.... I am also adding some Roush elements to my '13GT. I have the Roush catback exhaust and I just had a Roush hood scoop painted and installed yesterday. I am deciding on the Roush upper and lower grille and front, side and rear splitters. I will decide whether to trade out my Bullit wheels after I finish those other mods.

Good luck with your mods and your treatments
Old 3/13/14, 07:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Blessings as you move through your situation.
Old 3/13/14, 10:21 PM
V6 Member

Prayers for you to win your fight against your disease. Mod your beautiful blue convert the way you want and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! A modded stang is a true blessing in my book!
Old 3/13/14, 10:47 PM
V6 Member

Didn't realize that you, yourself was afflicted. Stay strong and be well!
Old 3/14/14, 01:16 AM
Banned

A plan has been made.

End goal is to blend the best of Roush and Shelby elements. Really the only Shelby elements are going to be a SS Hood and rear valence, along with the pre-existing spoiler. I'll be forced to switch to the quad tipped Borla.

LeMans stripes are general Mustang heritage, and will remain, talked about painting them.

Grilles will be switched to Roush upper, open lower, Roush fogs, and then Roush splitters around.

Wheels could be Roush, Super Snake Alcoa repros, or the Stance SC-Five's.

All this stuff I can slowly do over time. The final piece would be after it's paid off, which would be the Roush supercharger.
Old 3/14/14, 06:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

sounds like a giant waste of money
Old 3/14/14, 06:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rando
isn't that the point of Mustang ownership?
Old 3/14/14, 07:34 AM
V6 Member

If you worry about how much it costs or how much money you're wasting. You're doing it wrong.

Life is to short to wait for exactly what you want.

:-)
Old 3/14/14, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
As is every mod you'll do to your car, for the most part. Danielle's going through some awful stuff and loves the heck out of that car, so it's not a waste at all if that's where she wants to go!
Old 3/14/14, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be forced to switch to the quad tipped Borla.
how diff are quad borla n quad gt500s...
Old 3/14/14, 12:36 PM
Banned

Let me know if there is something you want that has the Roush logo and I can put you in the direction to get some of these parts, as in another thread or forum we discussed the wheels on my car not being Roush and that is one of the things I do not plan on changing. Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do to put you into the right hands as far as Roush parts. Here you go, I would recommend getting these from these Vendors

This one because the badge comes with it for "NO" additional cost ( badges run any where from $35 to $50 extra.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-Mustang-Roush-BLACK-Front-Grille-w-R-Emblem-Badge-40-more-air-/370942314912?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item565de289a0&vxp=mtr
Modern Billet Black Retro Grille - Lower (13-14 GT) Market: $89.99; Sale: $69.99, I would get this. it matches the Roush upper grille perfect, 10 minute install compared to $212. for Roush Grille which needs you to cut taps off.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...le-2013gt.html

Stripes from here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Roush-Style-Fender-Side-Stripes-2013-2014-2010-2011-2012-13-14-/121248001211?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3af1acbb&vxp=mtr
ROUSH Fender Badges from here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-fender-badge.html

Side & Rear Side Splitters from here:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...kers-2010.html

Last edited by B's 5.0; 3/14/14 at 02:43 PM.
Old 3/14/14, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RacerX27
If you worry about how much it costs or how much money you're wasting. You're doing it wrong.

Life is to short to wait for exactly what you want.

:-)
I thought the same thing when I initially ordered a Shelby a year ago and then my wife lost her job. Had to cancel the order. Very sad day. Can't imagine trying to make it work now with $700-800 car payments, $250/month NJ auto ins., gas, snow, ice... Glad I bought a GT for less. Love my car. It's quite fun to pick & choose mods and make the car a little unique.

Do what makes you comfortably happy and best of luck and best wishes with your battle. Stay strong!
Old 3/14/14, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A plan has been made.

End goal is to blend the best of Roush and Shelby elements. Really the only Shelby elements are going to be a SS Hood and rear valence, along with the pre-existing spoiler. I'll be forced to switch to the quad tipped Borla.

LeMans stripes are general Mustang heritage, and will remain, talked about painting them.

Grilles will be switched to Roush upper, open lower, Roush fogs, and then Roush splitters around.

All this stuff I can slowly do over time. The final piece would be after it's paid off, which would be the Roush supercharger.

This sounds good, I'm still waiting on the response from Stance. One of the pleasures being in Germany right now, responses tend to take a little longer. Our shop is going to be in Fayetteville, NC right outside Fort Bragg. Bring it down. we'll hook you up on the install In the meantime, take care, get better and conquer! No need to talk about the negative my friend, just know that you have people on here willing to able to help out. Cheers!
Old 3/14/14, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Coming from the guy with Roush Axle-Backs...

lol Life is about "wasting" money. Whether it's movie tickets, NEW dining room table, McDonalds, PepBoys fender vents, or anything by THE Jack Roush, we buy things or events that make us happy.
... and I for one LOVE walking out to a cool car and smiling, driving around and smiling (because of my cool car), or getting out of my car, walking into a store, still smiling... (because of MY cool car).

All of the awesome Roush and Shelby goodies would look sweet on a blue vert.
Go for it!

... oh and kick Leukemia's butt!
Old 3/14/14, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Last1
I thought the same thing when I initially ordered a Shelby a year ago and then my wife lost her job. Had to cancel the order. Very sad day. Can't imagine trying to make it work now with $700-800 car payments, $250/month NJ auto ins., gas, snow, ice... Glad I bought a GT for less. Love my car. It's quite fun to pick & choose mods and make the car a little unique.

Do what makes you comfortably happy and best of luck and best wishes with your battle. Stay strong!
Who's your insurance company? I have my 2013 GT AND my poop car (02 Jetta) for $122 a month in NJ.
Old 3/14/14, 03:09 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,722 Likes on 1,225 Posts
A plan has been made.
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck!

Why,...................are you paying for the upgrades?!??

Quick Reply: Should I....