2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Shaker's Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/11 | 09:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

You need to adjust the scoop ... it is not centered in the hood. Too far to passenger side.
Old 7/13/11 | 09:24 PM
Cobra R Member

cjjiii, look @ this pic:

Your Strut Tower Brace will fit right under here.
Old 7/13/11 | 09:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Dan, I noticed that right off! I then drove to look @ my buddy's. His was done by the factory & his gap is to the Pass side. I just guessed mine was correct. Please tell me so I can print off & take on how to adjust that. I thought it was normal, so it was OK w/me. I'd love to correct that, though!! Thanks so much!
Old 7/13/11 | 09:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

When I installed mine it didn't take much tweaking to center the scoop with the center line of the hood. Notice the grill in the front of the scoop has a center vertical bar that should line up with the center hood line. Once I got that centered I then made sure the trim ring was evenly gapped around the scoop before 3M taping it in place. The Saleen Shaker did seem the line up just a hair better than the CDC one ...

I don't think any where ever done at the factory ... unless you are talking about an 03/04 Mach 1 or a Pirelli Jones Saleen.

Here is my CDC Shaker installed:

And here is the Saleen SuperShaker installed ...

Last edited by dmhines; 7/13/11 at 09:41 PM.
Old 7/13/11 | 09:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Yeah, I didn't notice that line. Did you say how to do this? I still have the directions, might it be in there?

His prob wasn't done by factory, just meant where they do this a lot. He has that GT-R. He has Foose rims is all I know for sure. Again, I'm as dumb as a box of rocks!! Thanks!!
Old 7/13/11 | 09:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I Would take it back to installer since I assume you paid to have it done. Either you or installer could talk to CDC about alignment. The install directions are on there website.
Old 7/13/11 | 09:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Dang Eli, wash that engine bay!!! Looks like you've run the Baja 1000 in that thing. I would have charged you an extra hundred to install it just for having to work in that filth.
Old 7/13/11 | 10:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Kinda too skeered to. If you'll give me a quick how-to. I'll try & do it tom. Cover the red stuff, maybe? I wanted to clean it up the night before. Then decided to get my tattoo, kinda re-wrote my afternoon. Any way I get to my carport, I drive over dirt! Plus, the town I live in still has some dirt roads. I don't drive on them, but town stays just dusty!!
Old 7/14/11 | 05:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
cjjiii, look @ this pic:

Your Strut Tower Brace will fit right under here.
Cool thanks. I just assumed that the shaker scoop sat flush to the top of the motor. Strut tower brace is back on the list. Thanks!
Old 7/14/11 | 05:53 PM
Cobra R Member

It's clean-er. Not like you can do, as good as I can do.

Old 7/14/11 | 05:57 PM
Cobra R Member

cjjiii, I was kinda hoping it would fit that way. So close that my motor cover would have to be removed! I wanted to mount it in my Mustang Room. It didn't work that way. I would have known if I would have thought & looked @ the pics on it. It's all good!!
Old 7/14/11 | 09:17 PM
Cobra R Member

I just measured the hole in my hood, it's 22" on both sides.
Old 7/14/11 | 09:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Eli - That shaker looks great! Really "authentic" looking!

I understand re the handicap. Even tho I am FINALLY able to walk on my own again (after 5 months!) I also have a bad shoulder that is a degenerative thing (no cartilage), and it makes any kind of rubbing/polishing painful. If I try to use my left hand, I have a middle finger that's been dislocated twice so it likes to arc backwards & gets stuck until I bend the finger back in place using my other hand! So detailing is getting to be more of a challenge to me too.

But so far it looks like you are doing great!

PS - am getting a cortisone shot in the ol' shoulder tomorrow afternoon in fact. I am hoping that helps for awhile. I still have to detail my wife's Honda Odyssey!
Old 7/15/11 | 01:12 AM
Cobra R Member

I have quite a bit if brain damage. The force of the ATV kinda messed up crap in my left ear. I now have about the worst case of vertigo 1 can get. It's not the worst cuz I never get nauseous. That makes washing & crap suck! Why it takes days. I just can't reach back & forth like you're sposed to.

Where I live, it's impossible to keep a clean car! No matter how much you try. What's the use in trying? I keep it kinda clean, not like I like it though.

I've been trying to keep up with your crap. Sorry, that's what I call my medical issues. It is crap, you'd prob agree? Thanks!!
Old 7/15/11 | 05:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I have a middle finger that's been dislocated twice so it likes to arc backwards & gets stuck until I bend the finger back in place using my other hand!
That is one worn out bird finger!
Old 7/15/11 | 07:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
That is one worn out bird finger!
LOL, I should have kept my anger to myself!!

(thanks to basketball in my younger days I have a total of 4 finger dislocations, which occurred at separate times. You'd be amazed at how "tough" basketball players get squeamish at the sight of a bent up finger and refuse to pull it back out!)
Old 7/15/11 | 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
I have quite a bit if brain damage. The force of the ATV kinda messed up crap in my left ear. I now have about the worst case of vertigo 1 can get. It's not the worst cuz I never get nauseous. That makes washing & crap suck! Why it takes days. I just can't reach back & forth like you're sposed to.

Where I live, it's impossible to keep a clean car! No matter how much you try. What's the use in trying? I keep it kinda clean, not like I like it though.

I've been trying to keep up with your crap. Sorry, that's what I call my medical issues. It is crap, you'd prob agree? Thanks!!
Eli -

I feel for ya man. Vertigo is rough stuff. At least I have SOME kind of prognosis to improve. The cortisone shot in my right shoulder today really helped. LOL, after I told my physical therapist (for my foot) my recent orthopedic history today, he said "You've got a lot going on there, but I think I can help you improve."
Old 7/15/11 | 07:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Eric, sending you a PM.
Old 7/16/11 | 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mach1fever
Someone NEEDS to photoshop those pics on a boss car.
I couldn't resist ;-)
Attached Thumbnails Shaker's Installed!!-boss7012.jpg  
Old 7/16/11 | 09:08 PM
Cobra R Member

I hoped someone would do that! It may not work with stock intake, but looks very cool!! Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Shaker's Installed!!