2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Service Advancetrac came on last night

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/15, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Service Advancetrac came on last night

Well, I drove my car a mile, maybe, from fishing yesterday in the rain-normally, maybe a bit slower due to the rain around 430pm. I go to take my car out around 930 last night and I get a service advancetrac warning on my cluster. Anybody deal with this before? I literally did nothing to potentially harm anything that has to do with the advancetrac. I turned the car off and on a few times and it's still on, and just now I tried taking the negative battery cable off for a while and it's still on. I really don't want to leave my car at ford for a whole day trying to figure it out but looks like I may have to. Any ideas as to what may have happened?
Old 4/22/15, 04:34 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Aftermarket Tune or stock?

Last edited by David Young; 4/22/15 at 04:35 AM.
Old 4/22/15, 06:14 AM

All stock including stock suspension.

I am in need of a front brake job. They're making noise when stopping and when I apply the brakes. I ordered the hawk pro 5.0 pads and they will be here tomorrow
Old 4/22/15, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
What year is you car? It could be a number of different things, ranging from wheel speed sensors, steering or inertial sensors to more serious electronics. Hard to guess.

Take it on to your dealer to have it diagnosed, or at least to a place that can read the codes.
Old 4/23/15, 07:47 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mug-stang
Well, I drove my car a mile, maybe, from fishing yesterday in the rain-normally, maybe a bit slower due to the rain around 430pm. I go to take my car out around 930 last night and I get a service advancetrac warning on my cluster. Anybody deal with this before? I literally did nothing to potentially harm anything that has to do with the advancetrac. I turned the car off and on a few times and it's still on, and just now I tried taking the negative battery cable off for a while and it's still on. I really don't want to leave my car at ford for a whole day trying to figure it out but looks like I may have to. Any ideas as to what may have happened?
Hello Mug-stang,

I understand where you’re coming from, but I do recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer and get it checked out. Make sure you speak with your service manager if needed. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Old 4/23/15, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also dealing with this right now, it has started coming on and off ONLY when its wet and raining, or i go though the car wash, i checked things out in the rear tonight and im thinking its a right rear abs sensor thats taking a dump, its just a little weird with only 40k on it
Old 4/24/15, 10:12 PM

Well it turned off on its own for some reason. It was on for a couple days and taking off the negative battery cable for a while didn't do anything. I left for work a couple days ago and it never came on. I didn't notice it until I was pulling in. I went on a drive at work and it turned on twice just for a couple seconds and turned off. No idea what could've went wrong. Maybe it is an abs sensor about to go out. Who knows.
Old 4/25/15, 02:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely sounds like an ABS sensor.
Old 4/25/15, 09:29 PM

Holy crap!!!!!

It's raining here right now, and on my way home my advancetrac was going absolutely nuts! It kept applying my brakes during normal driving and stopping at stop signs and taking off was next to impossible. I almost couldn't drive it home. I ended up pulling the fuse and getting home. It's definitely got to go to ford.
Old 4/27/15, 08:56 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mug-stang
Holy crap!!!!!

It's raining here right now, and on my way home my advancetrac was going absolutely nuts! It kept applying my brakes during normal driving and stopping at stop signs and taking off was next to impossible. I almost couldn't drive it home. I ended up pulling the fuse and getting home. It's definitely got to go to ford.
Yes, please bring it in, Mug-stang. Let me know what they say.

Deysha