Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Seating comparison between a genisis coupe and a 2010/11 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/10, 05:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seating comparison between a genisis coupe and a 2010/11 Mustang

If anyone has any leftover notions that they may still like the hyundai genesis coupe then let me inform you of my experience today,

My dad is in the market for a small SUV to tow behind a motorhome so we went looking at some today. Dad has owned a couple of hyundai sedans and currently has a azera so the first stop was at a hyundai dealer to look at a santa fe. While we were there I checked out a genesis coupe.

I am 6'2" tall and about 190 pounds, and I want to tell you that there was no way I could get a comfortable seating position in the genesis coupe. No matter how I adjusted the seat and steering wheel I just couldn't get comfortable, when I first sat in it my head hit the roof until I got the seat lowered. It was an automatic car, if it had been a stick I don't think I would even want to try and drive it. I tried out this particular car because it was the "track" setup with the brembos and big tires and wheels, sticker was about $34K. It was quick, looked pretty good and handling was tight but it just wasn't comfortable for me.

My dad and I next went down to the Ford dealer for him to try out an Escape. While we were there I went out to play in a 2010 GT they had. Instantly I was way more comfortable in the cabin of the Mustang, seat fit my behind just right, seating position was great and the interior room was way better than the genesis.

Maybe a shorter, lighter person would fit the genesis better, but not for me.

So, another good reason that, in my opinion, the Mustang is a much better choice than it's supposed competition from korea.