Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Which route to take?

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/11, 08:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Which route to take?

I am ordering a 2012 Premium GT in the middle of March and am torn which route to go. Looking for any feedback positive or negative. Thank you.

Option A:
402A
Grabber Blue
HIDs
Security

All I would add appearance wise would be a GT500 spoiler and Boss spliter. Tint all around(heads, tails, windows.)

Option B:
400A Lava Red
Performance White
HIDs
Security
Brembo
Spoiler Delete

Mod wise I would replace the 5.0 badges with Cobra emblems. GT500 rear and possibly Roush front although I am not sure about the front end yet. Tint all around. GT500 wheels. If I can find it the hood from brenspeeds S281 project car.

I know how some people feel about Cobra badges on a non-Cobra but it is all personal taste.

Thanks again.
Old 2/23/11, 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SynisterGT
I know how some people feel about Cobra badges on a non-Cobra but it is all personal taste.
Yes, but what does it say about the taste of someone who wears false badging? If someone puts a Porsche, Ferrari, or Jaguar badge on their Mustang, that's also a matter of personal taste but I don't find it to be classy.
Old 2/23/11, 09:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW

Yes, but what does it say about the taste of someone who wears false badging? If someone puts a Porsche, Ferrari, or Jaguar badge on their Mustang, that's also a matter of personal taste but I don't find it to be classy.

Agreed.
Old 2/24/11, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hear what ur saying and agree to a point. On the plus side I am at least using a badge that has been used on a mustang. Its not like the car can't back it up so it wouldn't be like labeling a v6 a cobra.

I have seen someone that put a v6 body kit on a GT500. Same thing. posing as something its not. I say to each there own.

Keep em coming guys and gals.
Old 2/24/11, 01:29 AM
Bullitt Member

You can see in my sig what I prefer. I have good reasons for picking each thing I ordered. My favorite colors are Kona Blue, Grabber Blue, Red Candy and Lava Red. I would definately not go with any other color no matter what deal I found. I would also not go with anything but a Premium model. HIDs are a must also. Do not get a white car please though. I don't think they look bad, but so many people have white cars that we really could use more colors on the road.
Old 2/24/11, 01:32 AM
Banned

Since you want opinions...here's mine. Black on black or white on black. And no cobra badges on a gt please or I will be forced to remove them myself when I see your car lol j/k...or am I? :-)
Old 2/24/11, 03:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 554 Likes on 360 Posts
I am ordering a 2012 Premium GT in the middle of March and am torn which route to go. Looking for any feedback positive or negative. Thank you.

Option A:
402A
Grabber Blue
HIDs
Security

All I would add appearance wise would be a GT500 spoiler and Boss spliter. Tint all around(heads, tails, windows.)
You do realize that this package has the Pedestal Spoiler and you will have 4 extra holes in front of the Spoiler after putting the GT500 Spoiler on.
Old 2/24/11, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Was not aware there would still be holes if I added the 500 spoiler. Bummer. Oh well I am now leaning toward option B in GB. The only thing I don't like about the CS package is the pedestal spoiler.
Old 2/24/11, 11:52 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Option B:
400A Lava Red
Performance White
HIDs
Security
Brembo
Spoiler Delete

Mod wise I would replace the 5.0 badges with Cobra emblems. GT500 rear and possibly Roush front although I am not sure about the front end yet. Tint all around. GT500 wheels. If I can find it the hood from brenspeeds S281 project car.
Personally I like option B, but that's just how my tastes run.

I agree with you, it's alllll about personal taste. Any non-Mustang person would look at your car and not even know what a Cobra/non-Cobra is. Heck a lot of Mustang people would look at your car with GT500 wheels/GT500 rear/Roush front and not know.

Some Mustang people won't like the Cobra badges like some have already posted. I have a 3-series BMW, and I HATE when somebody puts M3 badging on a 320i. But like you said it's all personal taste, so if YOU like the Cobra badging and it makes you happy then really that's all that matters.
Old 2/24/11, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I see what everyone is saying. I just wanna gauge everyones opinion on this. What is the difference if I would put Boss stripes or Mach 1 badges on my car. A regular GT would be neither of thhese yet most people have no problem when others do it.

Why does everyone have a problem with cobra badges though? Just trying to see how everyone feels on this subject.
Old 2/24/11, 01:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's how I look at it and I'm speaking only for myself. Someone might choose to fit their GT with wheels or a spoiler from a GT500 because they look pretty. No problem. I've got the California Special chin spoiler on my non-CS GT because I think it looks nicer than the standard GT's chin spoiler. But a badge is . . . well, it's a badge.

It's like a girl getting her hair cut to look like Jennifer Aniston verses getting a fake ID and TELLING people she's Jennifer Aniston. In one case you're simply trying to make the car look beautiful. In the other, it's like you're trying to pull something over on people. Like a guy going out in public wearing a military uniform with medals that he did not earn, when he just inherited them from his father. I probably make too much of it, but to me it's just kind of a kid's trick.
Old 2/24/11, 01:35 PM
GT Member

I like this ^. Don't do the badge. Please don't do the badge. Everything else is good, but as said above, a badge is a badge. You're trying to pretend to everyone around that you have a different car.
Old 2/24/11, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok. I see where people are coming from. I probably will end up leaving the 5.0 badges on bc that badge has so much heritage just like the cobra badge has heritage for the previous mustand cobras. Ford could solve my problem and make a cobra.

I know how everyone says the 500 is a cobra but it is not. It is a good $20k over a GT. The old cobras were only 10k over. I would love a terminator based 5.0
Old 2/24/11, 03:55 PM
GTR Member

I vote Option B, but skip the badges. Modify the 5.0 badges or something, but don't get carried away with going to Cobra badges for your GT.
Old 2/24/11, 04:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will not do cobra badges as much as I want to. I am leaning towards option B but in GB.
Old 2/24/11, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

I understand the reasoning against installing Cobra badge on a 5.0 but on the other hand, what is the difference between doing this and installing the fake hood (which I personally things looks horrible) and side scoops from Ford? I don't see a lot of Mustang owners complain about that.
Old 2/24/11, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Putting on fake scoops isn't the same extent as putting on false badging. I mean someones not going to look at side scoops and think its anything other than what the GT or 5.0 badging says it is. If you see Cobra or even Saleen or such badging on a car that is what you would (at first glance at least) assume it is.
Old 2/24/11, 07:51 PM
GT Member

^ exactly, you're pretending for the car to be something else entirely. You can lie to yourself and say you're doing it for looks...but you're not You're doing it to try to convey to other people that it's 'more' than what you have.

(no offense to the ones that do it, but it drives me nuts)
Old 2/24/11, 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

With fake hood scoops aren't you making it believe that the car has a super or turbo charger? Something in my book.
Old 2/24/11, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by newpony
With fake hood scoops aren't you making it believe that the car has a super or turbo charger? Something in my book.
i kinda see your point...but a lot of people is 100% aesthetic, not trying to pretend it's something else.

I'm also not familiar with mustang scoops...but they could actually be beneficial and offer increased circulation....

Quick Reply: Which route to take?