2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Rotrex Supercharger Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/15, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had a Rotrex Supercharger kit installed in my 2013 Mustang GT and I'm here to tell you my overall impressions on the kit as it's a great alternative to Roots blowers and Vortech/Procharger setups.

I had the kit installed a few months ago with some doubts on how it would perform and stack-up against other kits on the market. With the Mustang platform being the number one most modded car on the market, my options were plentiful, but I wanted to try something totally different.

After talking with some friends who were familiar with Rotrex, I was instantly bought in for their efficiency and compact design. The kit has been on the car for the past several months here in Michigan, and I am very impressed. The car put down 383 rwhp and 384 ft/lb of tq on a dynojet. The car is now putting down 570rwhp and 510 ft/lb of tq with some minor tuning still to be done. I'm even shocked to say that my gas mileage is going up haha. Usually something thats complete opposite when adding a power modifier, but unless you're getting on it, the car seems to run more efficiently!

The car drives completely smooth and feels like it has a much larger engine! Theres none of that instant insane tq which makes the car almost non-drivable. I was able to race my buddy with the same car and a VMP roots blower. Almost every race my car was side by side with him and he was putting down more power, but he was just spinning. The horsepower and torque numbers are super linear and gradually build unlike a roots blower that spikes or turbo that has nothing nothing nothing then bam. I absolutely love it!

I'd highly recommend the kit to anyone who is interested as the company is slowly making their transition to the United States. Shoot me a message if you have any questions or might be interested in the kit.
Old 9/16/15, 11:11 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Nice review. Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old 9/16/15, 12:29 PM

I was skeptical at first as well. The kit is putting out about 8 psi right now, this was when the kit was first designed it has about 7 psi of boost. This was also being measured on a dynopack, which is usually known for giving the most accurate numbers since you don't have any friction loss from the tires. Also, the numbers were with I believe 2.5" piping, but when we bumped it up to 3" piping all around, the tq numbers went up a ton! I think when it was all said and done, it has about 570rwhp and 550 rwtq. I'm waiting for the final dyno numbers to post up tonight, but you can see how linear the curve is.

Old 9/16/15, 12:36 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

What is the line coming off the top of the supercharger? My i-1 runs a line from the intercooler outlet to the ProCharger to keep the internal CVT belt cool.

Impressive numbers!
Old 9/16/15, 12:40 PM

Slightly to the right of the brake fluid reservoir there is a supercharger oil container that feeds oil to the supercharger itself. Those lines go all around the supercharger, not just the top. As far as the belt goes, it's an 8-rib setup, and I've never had any issues with slipping or overheating. The only thing i've noticed is the stock clutch sometimes slipping .
Old 9/16/15, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Awesome numbers and I like the way it looks. These guys usually do M3 kits right? What vendor did you buy it from and how much is the kit? Also, can they tune with SCT?
Old 9/16/15, 01:47 PM

I know which guys your'e thinking of out of Florida I believe? This is a totally different company that's designing these kits. I absolutely love it!
Old 9/17/15, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks cool but seems like it would be less efficient with the intake at the back of the motor sucking in the hot air??!! Unless it's pulling in enough cold air in from the COWL?
Old 9/17/15, 06:00 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

ProCharger has their inlet in the same location - close to the cowl over the header. My inlet temps are actually lower than the stock airbox thanks to the intercooler. It does a great job of shedding that extra heat. Heat soak takes longer, and it cools off faster at slower speeds. Cruising speed yields an IAT a degree or two below ambient.
Old 9/17/15, 07:38 AM
Gt 5.0 Tms Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks great. How much was the kit and which kit did you get? I also have a 2013 GT and have been recently shopping for a supercharger.