2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear ended

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/13, 11:23 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: the new exhaust and new bumper/valance was installed and the car is painted. The guys at the shop (ABC Collision) did an awesome job Now the only problem is that the shop is telling me that the stock exhaust pipe that is cracked and needs to be replaced is on back order and probably won't be ready till April Do you think I should order an X-Pipe? I was thinking about getting it b4 the accident or would it sound too loud with the Roush a/b's ??

Old 3/16/13, 01:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BKStyles
Update: the new exhaust and new bumper/valance was installed and the car is painted. The guys at the shop (ABC Collision) did an awesome job Now the only problem is that the shop is telling me that the stock exhaust pipe that is cracked and needs to be replaced is on back order and probably won't be ready till April Do you think I should order an X-Pipe? I was thinking about getting it b4 the accident or would it sound too loud with the Roush a/b's ??
Aftermarket all the way! Get that x pipe
Old 3/16/13, 01:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Aftermarket all the way! Get that x pipe
Could'nt wait for any feedback so I pulled the trigger on a Magnaflow Off-Road Tru-X X-Pipe from AM
Old 3/16/13, 02:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Could'nt wait for any feedback so I pulled the trigger on a Magnaflow Off-Road Tru-X X-Pipe from AM
It's gonna scream bro! Glad the ordeal is over for you. Best of luck
Old 3/16/13, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
It's gonna scream bro! Glad the ordeal is over for you. Best of luck
LOL!!! I know, if my neighbors we upset at me before I could only imagine after these are installed. Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.
Old 3/17/13, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Shoulda got an aftercat X pipe!!! Its gonna be insane!!! You're also gonna need a retune now for no cats.

I have 2 after-cat X pipes I was trying to sell. A Borla and a Corsa. And im right in Nassau!

As far as your neighbors, tell them its BK and to get over it lol
Old 3/17/13, 12:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
Shoulda got an aftercat X pipe!!! Its gonna be insane!!! You're also gonna need a retune now for no cats.

I have 2 after-cat X pipes I was trying to sell. A Borla and a Corsa. And im right in Nassau!

As far as your neighbors, tell them its BK and to get over it lol
Crap, I wish I knew you we're selling them sooner. Nassau is a hop skip and a jump from where I am. Lmao I know if they are used to the honda civics with the 50,000 watt amp and semi truck exhaust they'll deal with it. lol
What new mods did you do to your car??
Old 3/17/13, 01:14 PM
GT Member

Looks great!

Last edited by GT/CS Guy; 3/17/13 at 01:16 PM.
Old 3/18/13, 07:46 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GT/CS Guy
Looks great!
thanks bro
Old 3/18/13, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
asked that question a coupla years ago and I can't remember who replied here but unless the car is a Boss, Bullitt or GT500 and as long as the repair is properly done there is no recourse for that as a proper repair (read undetectable and in accordance with accepted practices) shouldn't effect the value of the car.

And I can confirm that when I traded in my 07 GT the dealership did not lower the value of my trade in.

I suppose the problem then comes in when a private buyer is waiving a carfax in your face and telling you that they won't pay that for a wrecked car and unfortunately there still isn't any recourse.
Insurance companies are not going to differentiate between "special" Mustangs and run-of-the-mill V6/GT models for something like this. I've been doing a lot of research about diminished value claims, as I am pursuing one for my similar accident. It's this weird gray area in the insurance business and none of them have official policies listed about it, but most of them apparently will pay if pushed.

@BKStyles, you should look into this. I've been communicating with autoloss.com about this. I sent them my repair order and some info, and they just called and talked me through the process. They're preparing documentation and a letter to go the person that hit me's insurance company. The documentation will include current cars similar to mine for sale in my area and their prices, plus research they've done with Ford dealers that shows those dealers won't even sell a car that's had repairs as extensive as mine did (esp. with the minor unibody repair mine needed) and it can't be Ford-certified either. Their estimate is that my car has lost 35% of its value, so somewhere around 7K and I was told their clients typically get 80-90% of the amount requested. Once that's all sent to the insurance company, I call them to get their offer and get everything in writing and they help negotiate from there. Their fee is $275 and it's refundable if I don't get paid. You're paying for their experience in these cases and the research they have to back it up.

There are some reviews online with people complaining about being ripped off by this company but so far, they've been responsive, friendly and helpful so I'm optimistic. If it doesn't go right, I paid with my AMEX so I can let them fight with the company to get my $275 back. For me, it was worth the risk to get 4 or 5K back on the car beyond just repairs. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 3/18/13, 12:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Insurance companies are not going to differentiate between "special" Mustangs and run-of-the-mill V6/GT models for something like this. I've been doing a lot of research about diminished value claims, as I am pursuing one for my similar accident. It's this weird gray area in the insurance business and none of them have official policies listed about it, but most of them apparently will pay if pushed.

@BKStyles, you should look into this. I've been communicating with autoloss.com about this. I sent them my repair order and some info, and they just called and talked me through the process. They're preparing documentation and a letter to go the person that hit me's insurance company. The documentation will include current cars similar to mine for sale in my area and their prices, plus research they've done with Ford dealers that shows those dealers won't even sell a car that's had repairs as extensive as mine did (esp. with the minor unibody repair mine needed) and it can't be Ford-certified either. Their estimate is that my car has lost 35% of its value, so somewhere around 7K and I was told their clients typically get 80-90% of the amount requested. Once that's all sent to the insurance company, I call them to get their offer and get everything in writing and they help negotiate from there. Their fee is $275 and it's refundable if I don't get paid. You're paying for their experience in these cases and the research they have to back it up.

There are some reviews online with people complaining about being ripped off by this company but so far, they've been responsive, friendly and helpful so I'm optimistic. If it doesn't go right, I paid with my AMEX so I can let them fight with the company to get my $275 back. For me, it was worth the risk to get 4 or 5K back on the car beyond just repairs. I'll let you know how it works out.
Very informative, thanks so much for your insight. How much damage did your car sustain? Please keep me undated on the status buddy and good luck.
Old 3/18/13, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Very informative, thanks so much for your insight. How much damage did your car sustain? Please keep me undated on the status buddy and good luck.
Ended up just over 7K for everything and they did a great job. Lotta work though - over 5K was labor.
Old 3/18/13, 05:19 PM
Cobra R Member

I put on Borla S-types with Borla OTA pipes and switched the Borla X for a Bassani X.

Currently looking to get rid of the Borla X, and a Corsa Xtreme catback.

I've had like 6 exhausts. Just recently sold my Roush and my Bassani LOL
Old 3/18/13, 06:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde

Get ready to fight for your money back. I did a similar thing when processing my DV claim, turned out useless and the insurance company laughed at it. When I called for support, crickets! As for the DV claim, they owe it to you, but it is your obligation not theirs to prove your actual DV. This is done by talking to a couple of dealers and having them put in writing the difference they will give you for trade in based on the car never being damaged and as it is after repairs. The problem is that most dealers don't want to be bothered with this. The insurance company will of course try to low ball you, don't take their offer, they have special loss prevention people working these cases and they are vipers. The first offer they gave me was half of what I settled for. Take your time, they want you to sign fast. I got my 275 back from my card, those Internet people are scams.
Old 3/18/13, 06:06 PM
MD1
GT Member

Originally Posted by BRADGTCS
here is a temp fix i used when a chevy hit my bumper.
You know, illegal is spelled with two 'L's', right?
Old 3/18/13, 06:20 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts

HA HA!! Nice.
Will that pass NY emissions? I only ask because MA is pretty strict with the emissions crap.
Old 3/19/13, 04:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by orpheus

Get ready to fight for your money back. I did a similar thing when processing my DV claim, turned out useless and the insurance company laughed at it. When I called for support, crickets! As for the DV claim, they owe it to you, but it is your obligation not theirs to prove your actual DV. This is done by talking to a couple of dealers and having them put in writing the difference they will give you for trade in based on the car never being damaged and as it is after repairs. The problem is that most dealers don't want to be bothered with this. The insurance company will of course try to low ball you, don't take their offer, they have special loss prevention people working these cases and they are vipers. The first offer they gave me was half of what I settled for. Take your time, they want you to sign fast. I got my 275 back from my card, those Internet people are scams.
Yeah, this is why I was sorta afraid of - I thought about doing it all myself but couldn't find a way to get anything in writing from my dealer. Since they have to work with insurance companies every day, they aren't willing to put something like that in writing for me, unfortunately.

We will see what happens!
Old 3/21/13, 09:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HA!! Nice.
Will that pass NY emissions? I only ask because MA is pretty strict with the emissions crap.
I know people who know people so probably maybe. Lol

Last edited by BKStyles; 3/22/13 at 11:05 AM.
Old 4/8/13, 09:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

BKStyles, I finally got mine all wrapped up and summarized it here: https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...3/#post6597553