Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear end pulls left under heavy braking

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/17, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rear end pulls left under heavy braking

Car is my daily, 2014 with 70k miles. When I stand on the brakes at speed, the rear pulls like it wants to come around on me, always to the left. If I let go of the wheel, the steering corrects to the left. If I hold the wheel straight, the whole car turns right, which is what makes me believe that it's steering from the rear.

This only happens when I brake hard enough to pitch the car forward.

I'm thinking suspension, maybe a rear LCA or a bad bushing somewhere, or rear caliper failure. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by lsxjunkie; 2/8/17 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2/8/17, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Could by the right rear caliper not applying brake torque, or not applying enough of it. This possibly would create a yaw moment you are experiencing.
Old 2/8/17, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
Could by the right rear caliper not applying brake torque, or not applying enough of it. This possibly would create a yaw moment you are experiencing.
That's certainly first on my list to check, once I get some time and weather to actually work on this thing.
Old 2/8/17, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Oh, and almost forgot. I had an issue once where the rear pad was not in correctly, and the brake cylinder was pushing against just the peg on the bottom of the pad, instead of the whole pad evenly. Had very similar behavior.