Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rear end Comparison pic

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/10, 02:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by windsor202
I agree you can't please everyone. But as with elections, it's the majority that matters. My humble opinion is the red stang's tail end in these photos is more attractive than the gold. Please share your thoughts.
Show me a proper comparison of two photos displaying equal amounts of lens distortion and I'd be more than happy to do so.
Old 3/16/10, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, wait a minute, what am I doing?! This is another one of those bowel-wrenching rear end discussions! Why am I even bothering?

You almost had me though.
Old 3/16/10, 03:56 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by cdynaco
It was different 'back in the day' because you had chrome bumpers to break up the rear end space. Now its all bumper covers that make the whole rear end look large on just about all late model vehicles.

The problem (as many have noted) is the conflict of lines. Looking from the rear, the S197D doesn't know if its smiling & winking (lines turn up) or frowning (lines turn down). That ain't flow bro.
And from the side, it looks like a load full about to drag the ground.

You might want to re-think that analogy. You're always going to have a group that buys the latest off the showroom floor but one good month doesn't mean anything. And 66623 compared to 08's 91251 (a year with record $4 gas and Wall Street collapsing with TARP rescue, etc.) is hardly a victory or confirmation of enthusiastic acceptance of a re-design:
I don't think the 2010's had much to do with the design. If that were the case, IMO, the 2011's wouldn't be selling as well as they are (last I heard, 11,000+ pre-orders in the first month!). I know several that held out a year to see what 2011 would bring and, now that better things are on the horizon, they'll presumably be buying the "latest and greatest."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/New-Mu....html?x=0&.v=1

Last edited by MARZ; 3/16/10 at 03:58 PM.
Old 3/16/10, 04:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by zzcoop
Show me a proper comparison of two photos displaying equal amounts of lens distortion and I'd be more than happy to do so.
Uh....that's not lens distortion, that's what the 2010-11 back end actually looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Rear end Comparison pic-5_104136.jpg   Rear end Comparison pic-8_914862.jpg  
Old 3/16/10, 04:07 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Uh....that's not lens distortion, that's what the 2010-11 back end actually looks like.
When it comes to photography, I trust what Aaron says.
Old 3/16/10, 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know what the thing looks like. My point is that when it comes to comparing something like a car (any car) it's always going to be an apples-to-oranges situation in cases like this unless the photos are "honest." Allow me to illustrate with the following pics of the wifeymobile, taken to show the approximate angles of view in the rear end pics of the 'Stangs above...

From across the street @ 135mm:

And from a few feet away @ 18mm:

See what I mean? Same car, two DRASTICALLY different "looks" to the rear end. Hence my previous comment.

Originally Posted by MARZ
When it comes to photography, I trust what Aaron says.
Oh, I wouldn't do that.

Last edited by zzcoop; 3/16/10 at 04:34 PM.
Old 3/16/10, 04:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually, wait a minute, what am I doing?! This is another one of those bowel-wrenching rear end discussions! Why am I even bothering?

You almost had me though.
I tried to resist too zz! I couldn't control myself lol
Old 3/16/10, 04:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!
Old 3/16/10, 04:41 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You get up in the morning. She's there. You go to sleep at night. She's there. It's like you gotta ask permission to use the bathroom.
Old 3/16/10, 04:44 PM
V6 Member

Talking

the very nice saleen and also that nice red back aftermark changes.. have the disadvantage you dont recognice them any more good as mustangs.. (the saleen could be a nissan maybe?..)

at least that back you see from far clearly that its a mustang - from what car you can say the same?

who cares about ppl in the back

And in 30 years that back will be famous.
Old 3/16/10, 06:07 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=zzcoop;5830600]I know what the thing looks like. My point is that when it comes to comparing something like a car (any car) it's always going to be an apples-to-oranges situation in cases like this unless the photos are "honest." Allow me to illustrate with the following pics of the wifeymobile, taken to show the approximate angles of view in the rear end pics of the 'Stangs above...

From across the street @ 135mm:

And from a few feet away @ 18mm:

See what I mean? Same car, two DRASTICALLY different "looks" to the rear end. Hence my previous comment.

My last post was an attempt to be funny. I'm sorry you felt compelled to go thru the trouble of taking pictures of your car. Perhaps you could have found a better picture of a 2010 than the one I dug up on this site to make the a/b comparison, it could have saved you a lot of trouble.
In all discussions of the back end of this car, I don't recall anyone using this particular pic as an alternative to what Ford did, hence the reason I posted it.
In summary, I like the concave tailight panel ala 67/68 much more, the square backend versus the angular, the lower edge of the tailights being straight rather than at a slight tilt, plus a less bulky looking diffuser. These attributes to my taste are far better looking and more cohesive than the current car.

Will I buy a 2011 anyway? You bet!
Old 3/16/10, 06:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

My last post was an attempt to be funny. I'm sorry you felt compelled to go thru the trouble of taking pictures of your car.
I knew there was a distinct possibility you were joking, but I figured what the hell. A couple quick snapshots. Besides, I've been making the same point about the photo thing since the 2010 was revealed. Now I have a handy visual aid, should another rear end debate arise.

And it will.
Old 3/16/10, 07:35 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
That's what she said!

ish...
Old 3/16/10, 08:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Now this I like!!!

There, instantly better. More interesting than the 05-09, and cleaner lines than the 2010 & 11. How hard was that?
Old 3/16/10, 08:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 69CaliStang
Now this I like!!!
Old 3/16/10, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
re: me missin' the point, and all that...

I didn't miss anything... as I wasn't about any point except my own: My own sick feeling when looking at them. As Charlie says... that ain't flow, bro.

Whether or not I'm 'right' or not about something or another... it was an analysis of my reaction... i.e., *why* I react the way I do when I see the rear of the 10+... and it's summed up this way:

It's Alien.

At least, to me. And when I posted it, I *knew* I's gonna be taken to task for it... and I'm sorry, but that's just what it is... it's not right.

But again, that's me. If you love it, fine, I certainly understand it's good for you. And I wouldn't try to tell you to stop it. I'm happy for you, really. It's just not for me.

/Now, that '11 GT350 front end grille area? Geez, gimme a 10+ rear end any day over THAT garbage... good lord, that's hideous.
//Kinda dig their lights... the sunken light helps, as the lenses are 'flat' to themselves... the body 'moves' around them.
Old 3/16/10, 09:17 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
re: me missin' the point, and all that...

I didn't miss anything... as I wasn't about any point except my own: My own sick feeling when looking at them. As Charlie says... that ain't flow, bro.

Whether or not I'm 'right' or not about something or another... it was an analysis of my reaction... i.e., *why* I react the way I do when I see the rear of the 10+... and it's summed up this way:

It's Alien.

At least, to me. And when I posted it, I *knew* I's gonna be taken to task for it... and I'm sorry, but that's just what it is... it's not right.

But again, that's me. If you love it, fine, I certainly understand it's good for you. And I wouldn't try to tell you to stop it. I'm happy for you, really. It's just not for me.

/Now, that '11 GT350 front end grille area? Geez, gimme a 10+ rear end any day over THAT garbage... good lord, that's hideous.
//Kinda dig their lights... the sunken light helps, as the lenses are 'flat' to themselves... the body 'moves' around them.
Old 3/17/10, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by eci
05-09 = old news, no one cares.

2010+ = The current, best Mustang.

Keep hatin'.
Go change your diaper. LOL!
Old 3/19/10, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Now THIS is a sweet rear end we should all be able to agree on!
Attached Thumbnails Rear end Comparison pic-1968_mustang_fastback_by_fabioaro.jpg  
Old 3/19/10, 08:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
Now THIS is a sweet rear end we should all be able to agree on!
King of all Mustangs from front to rear!

Quick Reply: Rear end Comparison pic