Sponsored By:

Quick Driving Impression - 2013 GT Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/12, 06:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rmwill
Rogers Park (Go figure)
Are you on CMC (Chicagoland Mustang Club) at all? It'd be cool to check out your car at one of the upcoming events. You'd probably have the only 13 there lol.
Old 3/17/12, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here a few taillight pictures.

Originally Posted by Nighthawk13
Yup I heard about the storm and I hope everything is fine. Thanks for your review and pls. keep it coming. Maybe you can take a pic with the backup light on.
Attached Thumbnails Quick Driving Impression - 2013 GT Convertible-p3170421.jpg   Quick Driving Impression - 2013 GT Convertible-p3170426.jpg  
Old 3/17/12, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

daaammnn man, already got it delivered? you must be friends with the right people! great first impressions/photos! car looks great, love the hood/vents.
Old 3/17/12, 10:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Ahhhhh those aren't showing up on the app.
Yes they are showing up on the app (iPhone version works)
Old 3/17/12, 11:22 PM
V6 Member

^+1 on joining CMC and bring the car to the opener
Old 3/18/12, 05:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here a few taillight pictures.
Nice.
One more request. Can you pls. show us where the white backup lights are?

Thanks
Fil
Old 3/18/12, 06:05 AM

Is there a CMC web site?

Originally Posted by urio2122
^+1 on joining CMC and bring the car to the opener
Old 3/18/12, 06:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there a CMC web site?
http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/forums/
Old 3/18/12, 01:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek

That's it. Hope to see your car around. Looks sick!!
Old 3/18/12, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

nice man and congrats from a fellow vert owner! Your going to love it, nothing better than top down cruising in a 5.0

I just wish they didn't do that license plate area all plastic...it really takes away from the backend and put all the attention to that area
Old 3/18/12, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Please check the rear diffuser area and tell me if it can be changed out.......ie....like does it have body snaps or is it molded into the rest of the rear bumper? I want to change that area to the GT500 quad tip diffuser if it can be changed.

Thanks. Car is gorgeous btw!
Old 3/18/12, 05:41 PM
V6 Member

Sweet Ride man! Very sharp....
Old 3/18/12, 06:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Please check the rear diffuser area and tell me if it can be changed out.......ie....like does it have body snaps or is it molded into the rest of the rear bumper? I want to change that area to the GT500 quad tip diffuser if it can be changed.

Thanks. Car is gorgeous btw!
Hey man, Stinger1982, someone who apparently works for SVT, said this regarding the 2013 Mustang rear diffuser,

"The boss and the GT500 share a rear fascia (the painted part and then the lower diffuser snaps in) but the V6 and the GT dont have the holes for the lower diffuser to snap in so the answer is no you cant just snap the lower part on your GT"
Old 3/19/12, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MARZ
Hey man, Stinger1982, someone who apparently works for SVT, said this regarding the 2013 Mustang rear diffuser,

"The boss and the GT500 share a rear fascia (the painted part and then the lower diffuser snaps in) but the V6 and the GT dont have the holes for the lower diffuser to snap in so the answer is no you cant just snap the lower part on your GT"
Bummer, but thanks a million MARZ for taking the time to respond!!! Much appreciated.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 3/19/12 at 08:31 AM.
Old 3/19/12, 06:11 PM

Nice Mustang

So all of the GT hoods have air vents? I thought that was a California Special Only Option. Trying to decide to go CS or not Decisions...decisions
Old 3/19/12, 06:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by athlon551
So all of the GT hoods have air vents? I thought that was a California Special Only Option. Trying to decide to go CS or not Decisions...decisions
All gts and boss have em. the CS just has them painted black. If you are looking to get track pack or brembos I wouldn't get a CS, since you cannot add them. CS is just appearance. Keep in mind you can always add scoops, grilles and louvers aftermarket for cheap.

Last edited by Sky Hye; 3/19/12 at 06:15 PM.
Old 3/19/12, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye

All gts and boss have em. the CS just has them painted black. If you are looking to get track pack or brembos I wouldn't get a CS, since you cannot add them. CS is just appearance. Keep in mind you can always add scoops, grilles and louvers aftermarket for cheap.
I looked at it exactly the opposite, it would be easier to add brakes and/or suspension then to try and replicate the whole cs package. Seats would be the toughest to do. It's really just a matter of what you can live with until you can do some mods. I like the cs interior and the body treatments so for me it was the perfect choice. I will change wheels and suspension down the road just as i would of with a brembo gt so it didn't make sense for me to get the brembo.
Old 3/19/12, 09:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by going for broke

I looked at it exactly the opposite, it would be easier to add brakes and/or suspension then to try and replicate the whole cs package. Seats would be the toughest to do. It's really just a matter of what you can live with until you can do some mods. I like the cs interior and the body treatments so for me it was the perfect choice. I will change wheels and suspension down the road just as i would of with a brembo gt so it didn't make sense for me to get the brembo.
Good point. I guess depends on what you look for. I have done the work in cars so I just don't wanna get into changing radiator, differential, etc. those new cs look great. If they offered the packages I wanted I'd have gotten one.
Old 3/19/12, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Good point. I guess depends on what you look for. I have done the work in cars so I just don't wanna get into changing radiator, differential, etc. those new cs look great. If they offered the packages I wanted I'd have gotten one.
Yeah, remember that a while back I so wanted the California Special.
Time passed by, and then I realized all the great things that come with the brembo brake package -like having more grip and stopping in less distance- and said, heck, I need the brembos, especially for a fast car like the 5.0, and because I like to have the best perfomance available, so, CS in the end, was a choice I couldn`t live with anymore, despite its good looks.
Old 3/19/12, 09:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 100$ GUY

Yeah, remember that a while back I so wanted the California Special.
Time passed by, and then I realized all the great things that come with the brembo brake package -like having more grip and stopping in less distance- and said, heck, I need the brembos, especially for a fast car like the 5.0, and because I like to have the best perfomance available, so, CS in the end, was a choice I couldn`t live with anymore, despite its good looks.
That was my reasoning. Even more so with the track pack. Anyone who has even driven hard while turning knows what a pita torque steer is. I'm excited about that Torsen diff it's supposed to alleviate it. Plus coming from a gt premium with std susp and brakes, I am prepared to be blown away by the 13. I guess everyone had their preferences. CS is a dam sexy car. Track pack is amazing in its own way. Either way we are gettin very good cars.

Quick Reply: Quick Driving Impression - 2013 GT Convertible