2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Questions Members with blown 2011's

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/11, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure what you guys are saying, exactly. And it is SO important to me right now, because I'm going to pull the trigger on either the GT or the GT 500 VERY soon, and I can't get a straight answer out of the local FoMoCo dealers or the respected speed shops as to whether I can safely blow the 5.0. And, while I can afford to do either, I'm a little gunshy on the Tremec trans. I had one in my blown '03 SVT, and I did NOT like it. I'm leaning toward the Shelby, though, because of the safety factor alone. More input on this top PLEASE, guys.

By the way, I think the whole idea of supercharging (or whatever) a car and bringing it home without the wife having a clue is HILARIOUS. No disrespect to my wife, but I could probably trade in a green 2003 V6 and come home with a red 2011 GT and explain my way around things . . . "That noise under the hood? Oh, believe it or not the radiator had been loose all this time, and hitting the torque converter, so they tightened it up and this is the way it's SUPPOSED to sound. The color? Well, they damaged the paint badly on the left side, pulling it out of the stall, and, since they were going to pay to paint it I told them I always wanted a red 'Stang."

(OK, this is a slight exaggeration, but it's fun to think of a guy saving $6,000 in his sock drawer and then bringing home a supercharger--I'm pretty sure a healthy percentage of wives would have no clue whatsoever!)