Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Question For Those With Rear Seat Delete Kit

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/15, 04:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
I am considering getting the rear seat delete kit for my Mustang from American Muscle. I've heard some grumblings that it's not all that great and I am just trying to get it from those who actually have the kit. If there is anyone on here that has the rear seat delete kit can you comment on how good or bad it is? Is it worth $150? Does it hold up over time? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Sorry for late reading.....I deleted mine, but did my own custom work. If you search on here I have pictures posted. Since you can not carry anyone unless they are under the 2 foot limit....why not delete them. Mine is made so I can set travel bags on and I have storage underneath too.
Old 1/22/15, 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Sorry for late reading.....I deleted mine, but did my own custom work. If you search on here I have pictures posted. Since you can not carry anyone unless they are under the 2 foot limit....why not delete them. Mine is made so I can set travel bags on and I have storage underneath too.
Thanks bentnail. I ended up going with a strut brace for now.
Old 1/22/15, 05:55 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
I'm wouldn't be doing it for weight saving. I would do it because it's easier to carry stuff back there on a flat surface than on the seats.
Just build a shelf over your existing rear seat bottom them. Half sheet of Masonite, spray trim adhesive, and you can find decent material at autozone to cover it with. Cut out a pattern and shim it up to sit level. Put it in the trunk when a rear seat is needed.
No reason to delete the rear seat unless it is in the way of extra bracing. It doesn't even look cool. Lol
Old 1/22/15, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Just build a shelf over your existing rear seat bottom them. Half sheet of Masonite, spray trim adhesive, and you can find decent material at autozone to cover it with. Cut out a pattern and shim it up to sit level. Put it in the trunk when a rear seat is needed.
No reason to delete the rear seat unless it is in the way of extra bracing. It doesn't even look cool. Lol
That's not a bad idea at all. Thanks Al. I could just stow it in the garage until I needed it. I could even incorporate a tie down system.