2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Put the lower GT/CS spoiler on a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/10 | 11:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Put the lower GT/CS spoiler on a GT?

I'm getting a 2011 GT, but LOVE the front end of the GT/CS. It looks like a pretty easy upgrade (When available) to put the lower front end spoiler of the GT/CS on the GT. May need to figure out something with the absence of the fog lights...

Thoughts? Has anyone done something like this on a 2010?

Old 4/13/10 | 11:21 PM
GTR Member

Nobody has done it because the parts aren't available yet but it has been discussed in this forum recently.

I'm sure that ae soon as the parts become available that quite a few people will be installing them.
Old 4/14/10 | 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

There was no California Special for 2010 so no has been able to do it yet. I am seriously considering getting the CS air dam but leaving the upper grill and fog lights alone. If I do it, I won't put fog lights in the CS air dam. The holes are small enough that they won't look like something is obviously missing. Although the air dam is unpainted on the California Specials, if I do it I will have it painted body color, just leaving the trapezoidal pockets where the fog lights go unpainted black.
Old 4/14/10 | 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

^ That's a good thought. I would also keep the GT fogs. I was thinking of leaving the lower piece black, but maybe paint some of the grill body color.

I haven't seen any photochops of this yet.
Old 4/14/10 | 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

ya, the GT/CS lower fascia does look more finished than the GT's
it's lower while still giving the car that good overbite look and that cheap looking skirt underneath is shorter

the trapezoidal pockets with the foglamp hole and light may even be separate pieces which would make the whole swap easier and cheaper
Old 4/14/10 | 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

The shape of the CS air dam looks more Mustangy (to coin a word) to me than the regular one on the GT. I don't know what past model it reminds me of, but it just looks Mustangy. When it's all flat black I don't really notice the shape of it so much, though. If it's mostly painted I think it will look **** sweet. By the way, Federal Express just delivered my Kona Blue pre-painted SHR flush mount louvers!
Old 4/14/10 | 10:02 AM
GTR Member

One thing I notice is that the front lower portion looks like it can be swapped out without a repaint of the bumper, like the rear bumper/diffuser can. That would certainly make life easier and cheaper.

I'd love to see a company come out with a brake duct kit for that bumper, then I'd be in for it.
Old 4/14/10 | 10:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
One thing I notice is that the front lower portion looks like it can be swapped out without a repaint of the bumper, like the rear bumper/diffuser can. That would certainly make life easier and cheaper.

I'd love to see a company come out with a brake duct kit for that bumper, then I'd be in for it.
The Boss 302R race car uses this air dam but doesn't have the fog lamps in it. I wonder if the race car uses the fog lamp holes to feed brake ducts?
Old 4/14/10 | 10:56 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
The Boss 302R race car uses this air dam but doesn't have the fog lamps in it. I wonder if the race car uses the fog lamp holes to feed brake ducts?
My thoughts exactly. It will most likely end up on the Boss next year anyways, but we might see some aftermarket in the mean time.
Old 4/15/10 | 06:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

This is my front end so far. I had to improvise on the fogs since CDC is doing squat on putting their fog light kit into production !! I 'm thinking of trying to adapt a pair of V6 model fogs to the spoiler since I'm not totally satisfied with the ones I put in.
Attached Thumbnails Put the lower GT/CS spoiler on a GT?-100_4187_edited.jpg  
Old 4/15/10 | 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
This is my front end so far. I had to improvise on the fogs since CDC is doing squat on putting their fog light kit into production !! I 'm thinking of trying to adapt a pair of V6 model fogs to the spoiler since I'm not totally satisfied with the ones I put in.
at this point prolly easier to wait until the GT/CS splitter is available and just bolt it right on along with the fogs from the GT/CS
Old 4/22/10 | 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

I stopped into my Ford dealer's parts department yesterday to see what the price would be for the parts to replace the GT airdam with the CS one. The parts guy said he just got his monthly update from Ford and it still did not have any parts for the 2011. Try again in a month. If anybody finds out what the parts will cost I'd appreciate you posting it here.
Old 4/22/10 | 08:59 PM

I'm planning on doing this too, did a quick photoshop of it..

Old 4/22/10 | 09:11 PM
eci
Banned

The C/S is ugly. The GT look flawless. Please don't ruin your cars.
Old 4/22/10 | 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
The C/S is ugly. The GT look flawless. Please don't ruin your cars.
I think they both are pretty **** sexy. Front end only though on the CS. I'm not a fan of those wheels at all.
Old 4/22/10 | 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the photochop!
Old 4/22/10 | 10:15 PM

GT/CS splitter from Fords accesories website http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AA
Old 4/22/10 | 10:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
It would look a lot better minus the front plate and the blue tinted fogs. I think the V6 fogs will look better.

This is exactly what I had planned to do with the Sterling Gray GT that I will never be getting now...
Old 4/23/10 | 08:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bluestang
GT/CS splitter from Fords accesories website http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~BR3Z_17626_AA
Thanks for the link, Josh. I wonder what the price will be? I found this interesting:

...three-inch openings that can be used to house foglamps (kit sold separately) or to hook up the Ford Racing brake cooling kit (kit sold separately).

That's good, because I don't want the little foglamps and Overboost is thinking about brake cooling ducts. This gives you three ways to go: Nothing in there, foglamps, or brake cooling ducts.
Old 4/23/10 | 09:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I ordered the GT/CS Chin Spoiler/Valance last week for my 2010... should have it early next week ... on it's way via UPS. I also ordered the Fogs and Pigtails to go with it ...

I already installed a Saleen Grill ... don't like Chrome ...

Last edited by dmhines; 4/23/10 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Put the lower GT/CS spoiler on a GT?