Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Procrastination seems to be paying off...

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/11, 10:26 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Procrastination seems to be paying off...

So I've been eying the new mustang since the 5.0 was introduced. I was waiting to pick up a new once until I would be moving into a house or at least have a secure and clean place to park it due to the awful conditions in the garage at my complex where my college was (dirty and communal with people who drive total junkers and don't respect your stuff) I was planning on ordering the next Stang this previous summer but at that point news and rumors started surfacing about the 13 having some tweaks including more HP.

So now here we are, we know we're getting some cool stuff in the '13 however it seems highly unlikely that my color choice won't be available (Kona Blue Met.) and if it's not I think I can live with it, but I truly do love that color so I guess it's a wait and see game as to what new colors will be on the palette and will the newer refresh be worth sacrificing a nice color...
Anyway this is more of a rant than question I guess but I'm curious as to what some of your takes on this are.

Me personally I'm a little torn. I would just hate to see them put track apps on an LCD screen in the cluster. IE MyFordTouch because I do love the analog cluster.
Old 10/10/11, 11:35 PM

There won't be a HP bump..

And if you want to play that game, then you'll be wanting to wait for the 2015MY and so on.

However, since the new Stang will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show around Thanksgiving, the wait isn't as long now.

PS. I see neither a rant nor a question in your post lol
Old 10/11/11, 12:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM

And if you want to play that game, then you'll be wanting to wait for the 2015MY and so on.
^^^^ This

Not buying because they might come out with something different is a never ending game.
Old 10/11/11, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
There won't be a HP bump..

However, since the new Stang will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show around Thanksgiving, the wait isn't as long now.

PS. I see neither a rant nor a question in your post lol

Since when did they confirm there won't be a HP bump?

OP, pay attention to the LA Auto Show and if you don't like what you see then purchase a 2012 in Kona Blue like you wanted.
Old 10/11/11, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd get one now since the awesome rebates/financing are out. Don't wait, not to mention you will be getting the first year for the electronic uprgds (Never get the first year, things are bound to go wrong)

Find a car on the lot that you like now and buy buy buy.

My $.02
Old 10/11/11, 01:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Yep, like others have said - if you're always waiting for the next thing, you'll wait forever. This is true with any kind of technology - phones, tablets, computers, etc. Though I make an exception for situations like 2009-10 when we all knew there was a new 5.0 coming that would be hugely different...then it's ok to wait!