Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Practical experience with front plate hideaway kits?

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/10, 07:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Practical experience with front plate hideaway kits?

Hope you'll pardon this n00b question. I've been searching the forum for information about ways to mitigate the appearance of the front license plate. I live in NJ and by law, must have one displayed on the car. However, I am also a hobbiest photographer and sincerely dislike the aesthetics of the plate on an otherwise beautiful Mustang. I found this thread:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/fr...racket-482495/

...which lead me to find this thing for sale:

http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Retra...00U-p/400u.htm

On the surface it appears to solve me problem - run the plate and hide it when I want to take pictures. However, I'm hoping someone here might have some actual experience with the part. Is it a decently made? I drive a lot. I don't want to have the thing break and have the plate fall off on the road or what have you. Is there something else I should be looking at instead?

P.S. as the user name would suggest, I currently own a Pontiac GTO. I love both Ford and GM equally. I understand that fact may mean I take a few lumps on a Ford forum. It's okay. I have a thick skin and good sense of humor. Make with the GTslOw jokes if you want. We placed our order for an '11 GT yesterday. The waiting has officially begun. My dealer says should be here before August. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Old 6/9/10, 07:41 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at my post (#32) in that thread, thats the bracket I'd go with.
Old 6/9/10, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! No slack from me for the GTO. I liked 'em except they just were a little too plain looking for me. I live in Jersey, too, and am no way putting a front plate on my 500. I didn't have one on my 06GT for the 2+ years I had it and never got pulled over for it. Pulled over once for tint, but never for the plate.