2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Possible new owner, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/13, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible new owner, need some help

Im looking into purchasing a new car very soon. Been looking into the 13 5.0, There are a ton of options regarding brakes suspension etc. Which are worth getting while others not. Whats everyone opinion on the 5.0 as a DD. I've also looked at the focus st, while a completely different car price was not that much lower currently.
Old 5/13/13, 11:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i bought a brembo 13 gt as weekend cruiser and my DD was 13 Audi A4. but that changed after a few days, now GT is my DD and i only take A4 when it is raining (not for better handling but to keep GT Clean)

GT is definitely a great DD, if you check few box when you purchase to increase ur interior comforts it is equal to any entry level luxury sport sedan you can get. as for options keep reading the forum, tonnes of information at your click. IMO track pack is one good all inclusive package.
Old 5/13/13, 12:04 PM

Just got my 13 5.0 last week, tried to get it with recaro's, track pack, nav and manual trans...no such thing available anymore. So, I did without the nav and got it with the recaro's, track pack and 6 speed manual and I'm glad I went that route. The track pack is awesome, the brembos and wheels set the car off not to mention it handles like a dream at least compared to the 09 GT i previously had. The recaro's are very comfortable, i've driven in bumper to bumper traffic from LA to OC and i was still comfortable, plus they hug you tightly around any corner The regular shaker radio is decent, its a pain at first to learn the ipod controls through USB but after a week you will get it. So, if anything i'd say the track pack and recaro's are a must!
Old 5/13/13, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I DD my 13 GT......next year I would like to get another car to drive in the winter time though. There are plenty of guys that put some good snow tires on and drive year round though.

I have a base with the Brembo package. I would have wanted more, but it wasn't in the budget. I do wish I had went with the Track pack instead of the just the Brembo's. Also knowing what I know now, I would have spent the extra money and gotten Recaros.
Old 5/13/13, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fivepointgo
So, if anything i'd say the track pack and recaro's are a must!
Lol.....Exactly!
Old 5/13/13, 12:31 PM

Seems like the track package is most popular, is it worth getting instead of brembos or with those. I was looking at the track package on the base GT.
Old 5/13/13, 12:41 PM

The track package came with Brembo's on my car, it was a $2500 option, which also includes 19" wheels with Pirelli tires, upgraded radiator and oil cooler and the same Torsen limited slip diff that the Boss has. The wheels and Brembo's were enough for me to pull the trigger, it stops on a dime
Old 5/13/13, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i had to settle on brembo as i got a good deal on them. but if not i would have taken track pack. worth the additional cost.
Old 5/13/13, 12:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I got the Track Package and Recaros along with the 301A which has Sync. I DD my car and have since I got it last September. I have taken long road trips for 6 hours at a time and have loved every minute. It's more work to keep her clean but even in traffic it's a great car. When you get that opening in traffic there isn't much out there that will beat you for the hole shot. I'm in Germany right now and this car is very well suited for the curvy country roads along with the autobahn. It just keeps pulling all the way to the limiter at 155MPH. If you need a car that is good on gas like the Focus ST then don't get the GT/TP but you will wish you would've the first time someone in a 5.0 passes you when you have your right foot to the floor.
Old 5/13/13, 01:03 PM

According to ford's website the track package comes with high preformance brembo friction material upgrade, would those be brembo brakes.
Old 5/13/13, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
I got the Track Package and Recaros along with the 301A which has Sync. I DD my car and have since I got it last September. I have taken long road trips for 6 hours at a time and have loved every minute. It's more work to keep her clean but even in traffic it's a great car. When you get that opening in traffic there isn't much out there that will beat you for the hole shot. I'm in Germany right now and this car is very well suited for the curvy country roads along with the autobahn. It just keeps pulling all the way to the limiter at 155MPH. If you need a car that is good on gas like the Focus ST then don't get the GT/TP but you will wish you would've the first time someone in a 5.0 passes you when you have your right foot to the floor.
Are you stationed in germany, armed forces?
Old 5/13/13, 01:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yep. I owned a Benz that got traded in for the Mustang. I wasn't about to bring sand to the beach, instead I brought the hot chick with fast feet and a great profile.
Old 5/13/13, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by m4ci3k
According to ford's website the track package comes with high preformance brembo friction material upgrade, would those be brembo brakes.
The Track Pack comes with upgraded pads over what the Brembo package comes with.

OP - the Track Pack seems to be a good value - it costs about $900 more than the standard Brembo option, but as has been mentioned, for that extra cash you get the Boss 302 radiator and oil cooler, 3.73 gears, and the same Torsen diff ( with the finned aluminum cover ) that is found on the Boss 302.

I also love the leather Recaros - unbelievably comfortable - by far the best seats my butt has ever sat in.

The premium interior is nice too - love the Track Apps and the ambient lighting.

I realize you didn't mention the glass roof, but I'm glad I saved a little longer to be able to get it. On a sunny day it really makes for a nice cruise.

Happy shopping to ya!

Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 5/13/13 at 07:39 PM.
Old 5/13/13, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Also went with the track package and recaros as my only options. Brembo's are overkill for a daily driver that never sees track time in my opinion, but they do look excellent and work very well.

I haven't had seat time in the Recaro's yet, but the couple people I know with them love them.

I don't expect my car to see rain or snow or anything in between - just sunny days. But a good set of snow tires would let the car do just fine in crappy weather too!
Old 5/13/13, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
GT is definitely a great DD, if you check few box when you purchase to increase ur interior comforts it is equal to any entry level luxury sport sedan you can get.

Spot on with the entry level luxury comment. I checked off every package (Track, Comfort, Electronic) and splurged with the glass roof. Supposed to arrive at the dealer this Saturday, but the ones I've sat in had an interior that is nicer than my current BMW.

I think the Track Package comes with a couple suspension tweaks as well. I'm a bit concerned that the 3.73 rear is going to be a pain in bumper to bumper traffic, but several who have the Track Pack comment that it is very easy to just start in 2nd in those conditions.
Old 5/14/13, 12:03 AM
GT Member

I wouldn't spend the money on the nav system. The SYNC system that comes with the GT will give you "turn by turn" directions if you tell it the address. It's not perfect, but it does a great job without spending two grand on the NAV. Mine works fine for me. Also, I love the manual transmission.
Old 5/14/13, 12:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I start out in 2nd almost every time I pull off. 1st just doesn't last long at all.
Old 5/14/13, 05:42 AM

Thanks for the replies, I will be trying to get a gt base with track pack and recaro interior. I got quoted 29.5 out the door shipped overseas to the UK for a base GT. Im waiting for him to find something with at minimal the track pack.
Old 5/14/13, 07:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Yep. I owned a Benz that got traded in for the Mustang. I wasn't about to bring sand to the beach, instead I brought the hot chick with fast feet and a great profile.

Old 5/14/13, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by m4ci3k
Thanks for the replies, I will be trying to get a gt base with track pack and recaro interior. I got quoted 29.5 out the door shipped overseas to the UK for a base GT. Im waiting for him to find something with at minimal the track pack.
Can always place an order... working with x-plan pricing?

Quick Reply: Possible new owner, need some help