Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FALLING, ITS FALLING!!!
Old 5/19/10, 05:49 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 5/19/10, 07:03 PM
Cobra R Member

"I just spoke to a customer service rep. All Mustang GT's are on hold. The rep would not elaborate on why and for how long. Sorry folks. I am one of those that are also waiting."

Old 5/19/10, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

From what I was told they ran out of A-Pillar Trim panels and the Vendor won't have supply ready to ship for two weeks.... I'm pretty sure the Vendor is located in Virginia...
Old 5/19/10, 07:06 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FALLING!
they should call the buyers and tell them they will send the panel to the dealer for install and get the cars out the door.
Old 5/19/10, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
From what I was told they ran out of A-Pillar Trim panels and the Vendor won't have supply ready to ship for two weeks.... I'm pretty sure the Vendor is located in Virginia...
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Does that mean all build dates are pushed back two weeks?
Old 5/19/10, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jokerstars
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Does that mean all build dates are pushed back two weeks?
Nope, I'm not joking!
Old 5/19/10, 07:14 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
They wouldn't stop production for something like that. WAAY too expensive to idle a plant. If this is true, there will be further delays in people getting their cars. I HOPE AAI would be able to get the existing cars out from the back of the lot before piling up more in front of them.

I really hope this isn't true.
Old 5/19/10, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

From one of the links above:

"From a conversation today between my dealer and a Ford Rep, " all 5.0 Mustangs, beginning with a certain serial number, are on quality hold and shippments are stopped. An incorrect coolant sticker was attached to the vehicles. All must be corrected before shipment. We hope to have all the Mustangs shipping before June 15."
This is not a joke"
Old 5/19/10, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

He should have clarified sale hold vs. manufacturer/shipping hold. They wouldn't issue a sale hold anymore, now that they are out, if they did it, it would be called a recall. :/
Old 5/19/10, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

And of course the cars build several weeks ago (like mine.?.) will not ship... because... well, it would not be fair for those on hold...again !! Let's be solidary !
Old 5/19/10, 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
They wouldn't stop production for something like that. WAAY too expensive to idle a plant. If this is true, there will be further delays in people getting their cars. I HOPE AAI would be able to get the existing cars out from the back of the lot before piling up more in front of them.

I really hope this isn't true.
Ask me if i care !!!!!!!!!!!!! They were coming in by the truckload over here. Man that sucks. What can we do......
Old 5/19/10, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

We should make a post dedicated to all hold reasons and give prizes to the most ridiculous. I will start.

All GTs are on hold. Somehow an ancient cache of 5.0L engines from the 80s was discovered at the old engine factory and were accidentally shipped instead of the new 5.0L engines, which were then accidentally installed in several hundred Mustang GTs before Quality Control found out that these were the wrong 5.0L engines. The QC people discovered this when the engine exploded as it approached 7000 RPM, killing a hood and two birds hanging on a power line at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Conflicting reports say the two birds were hit with the same piston rod.

All Mustangs are on hold while they await a shipment of the new 5.0L engines and replace the incorrect engines.

Also, Jokerstars' Mustang was the one that exploded. Sorry mate.
Old 5/19/10, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Time to raise the flag

The next thing you know it will be headlight bearings and blinker fluid that caused the hold. If there is a hold, they aren't going to let a cs rep drop the bomb. A rep got tired of dealing with calls and made something up.
Old 5/19/10, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Time to raise the flag

Oops, double post

Last edited by coffeejolts; 5/19/10 at 07:37 PM.
Old 5/19/10, 07:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just watched a truckload of them head north on I-75 and get on Southfield in Lincoln Park.

I've also seen them at a local railyard a few miles north of AAI, off of King Rd. Back when the '05s shipped, they used this lot as a filler and shipped on rail cars from here. I'm guessing it'll be the same thing. There's only a few hundred in this lot, and today was the first I've noticed them in there.

Honestly though, they're shipping, so please for the love of all that's holy, stop with the conspiracy theories and freaking out about holds and lack of shipment. This whole section of the forum is getting lambasted with people worrying why their car is taking 2-3 days longer than the ETA and having a whining fit about it. Most, if not all of you knew that this might happen when you initially ordered it. If not, cancel your order, wait a bit, and get one later in the year.

The initial nonsense will die off, and people will see their cars in the normal time frame by the fall. This is EXACTLY why I'm waiting to order mine.
Old 5/19/10, 08:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I was told by an insider on allformustang my car is In Transit Received - 2e32 (Oakwood Transport ) Ramp 7M, Toronto, ON May-19-2010, 15:38 ET Jun-02-2010.

So mine is not on hold.
Old 5/19/10, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

This whole section of the forum is getting lambasted with people worrying why their car is taking 2-3 days longer than the ETA and having a whining fit about it.
2 or 3 days ?
Would have been fine with that.

Going on five weeks for me.
I think that is plenty of time to ship a **** car less than 400 miles.
Old 5/19/10, 08:08 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mfbris
2 or 3 days ?
Would have been fine with that.

Going on five weeks for me.
I think that is plenty of time to ship a **** car less than 400 miles.
While I understand your frustration, I also have to say you knew what was going on, especially being a forum member, and you took that risk. It could be any number of things; your dealer, build date, location, etc. that's holding it back. I don't know. It's just getting ridiculous when more and more of these freak-out threads are popping up.

Quick Reply: Possible delay news ?