2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

PICS OF ROUSH UPPER GRILLE W/HONEY CONED LOWER REMOVED

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/14 | 05:20 PM
Banned

PICS OF ROUSH UPPER GRILLE W/HONEY CONED LOWER REMOVED

I ordered my Roush Upper Grille today and it will be here Friday. Does anyone have pics with Roush Upper Grille and Stock HoneyComb lower Grille removed. I did not want to pay the extra just yet for the Roush Lower Grille and was wondering what it looked like with 'NO" Lower Grille at all.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/14/14 at 05:33 PM.
Old 1/15/14 | 07:29 AM
Former Vendor

I'll see if I can find pics, we sell quite a few of the Roush lower grilles and after seeing it in person its well worth it! We have some nice discount codes for all TMS members
Old 1/15/14 | 07:49 AM
Banned

with the lower grille out there are tabs sticking out everywhere and it looks like messed up shark teeth. You're gonna need the lower grille or lower grille delete kit.
Old 1/15/14 | 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

From what I have seen, you will need something in the lower grille portion or else it just looks like crap. You see the tabs where the grille snaps in and like Danielle said, it looks like shark teeth. Just leave the honeycomb lower grille in for now.
Old 1/15/14 | 12:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

just watch their install video.. they show just having upper grille with stock lower.. i m sure with some skills u can just cut off the honeycomb n make it look like the high flow lower grille
Old 1/15/14 | 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
I'll see if I can find pics, we sell quite a few of the Roush lower grilles and after seeing it in person its well worth it! We have some nice discount codes for all TMS members

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
with the lower grille out there are tabs sticking out everywhere and it looks like messed up shark teeth. You're gonna need the lower grille or lower grille delete kit.
Yeah, kind of thought so. So I ordered the Modern Black Billet lower retro grille from AM for $70.00 fits over top of the honeycomb lower grille. My understanding by the reviews with people who have installed the Roush upper grille that it matches up pretty well.

Originally Posted by killaz05
From what I have seen, you will need something in the lower grille portion or else it just looks like crap. You see the tabs where the grille snaps in and like Danielle said, it looks like shark teeth. Just leave the honeycomb lower grille in for now.
Took care of it above. Thanks

Originally Posted by CiniZter

just watch their install video.. they show just having upper grille with stock lower.. i m sure with some skills u can just cut off the honeycomb n make it look like the high flow lower grille
Thanks, see above.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/15/14 at 03:42 PM.
Old 1/17/14 | 09:45 AM
GT Member

I have the GT500 look alike from CDC on my black '13. I removed the lower and cut out all the tabs. Looks awesome. Love the no grilles, no stripes, no scoops look!!!
Old 1/17/14 | 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by califsp
I have the GT500 look alike from CDC on my black '13. I removed the lower and cut out all the tabs. Looks awesome. Love the no grilles, no stripes, no scoops look!!!
Thanks, UPS delivered these this morning. Modern Black Billet lower Grille matches up nicely with the Roush Upper Grille. Will post before and after pics when I install it Wednesday.

Old 1/17/14 | 03:29 PM
Banned

is there a reason you didn't go with the Roush lower? http://www.roushperformance.com/part...rille-Kit.html

if price, i can totally understand that. $200 is nuts for the lower.

totally looking forward to seeing how it looks installed. with your color combo, it's going to look sick.
Old 1/17/14 | 05:04 PM
Banned

is there a reason you didn't go with the Roush lower? http://www.roushperformance.com/part...rille-Kit.html

if price, i can totally understand that. $200 is nuts for the lower.

totally looking forward to seeing how it looks installed. with your color combo, it's going to look sick.
Thanks, there are a couple of reasons for not getting the Roush Lower Grille.
(1) Upper just cost me $210.99 Lower is $201.99, Modern Black Billet only cost me $70 and matches up nicely.
(2) then there is this: Why Roush did this I don't know ( I could never change it back to Stock even if I wanted to)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z46zXqy1IK0#t=30

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/17/14 at 05:24 PM.
Old 1/17/14 | 05:55 PM
Banned

Yeah, I was gonna say I know my GT/CS lower was significantly cheaper than the upper.

How Roush does all that stuff with their accessories really gets to me. I have honestly been mulling it over for over a year now to get the Roush front splitter. I don't really need it, but I kinda want to finish off the front end, you know?

Same thing with the foglight kit too.
Old 1/18/14 | 05:49 AM
Banned

Yeah, I was gonna say I know my GT/CS lower was significantly cheaper than the upper.

How Roush does all that stuff with their accessories really gets to me. I have honestly been mulling it over for over a year now to get the Roush front splitter. I don't really need it, but I kinda want to finish off the front end, you know?

Same thing with the foglight kit too.
I decided to do the lower Grille yesterday, did not have to remove anything. Still maintains the Lower Honeycomb Grille, but I think that looks better then having the cutoff tabs showing with the Roush one. My next Roush item will be the Side Splitters, I would love to get the front Splitter too, but as you can see I have the Motorized Flip Plate. I hate a front plate and only put it up from inside the car when I have to. Ha! Ha! Then all that will be left to buy will be the $6999.99 Roush Stage 3 Supercharger. I will go to Roush Performance and have that installed, they give you a Warranty. So probably when all said and done it will cost me around $10,000.00. Still better then paying $68,000 for a real Roush. I am debating the Roush Hood Scoop and that was a option on Roush cars anyway and the lower Roush Fog Lights. I will "NEVER" claim it to be a Roush, as a matter of fact I was thinking about getting the specialty tags saying "ROUSH R" ( Roush Replica )

Last edited by B's 5.0; 1/18/14 at 06:10 AM.
Old 1/18/14 | 06:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by califsp
I would Like to see a pic.