Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Photo Essay of Michael's First Day With His New 2011 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/10, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photo Essay of Michael's First Day With His New 2011 Mustang GT

Wow! What a day today was! Enjoy the photos below.

We enter Union Pacific's Automotive Facility.

My salesman, Frank Goswick, drives my new 2011 Mustang GT from its parking spot at Union Pacific's Automotive Facility.

My first photo with my new 2011 Mustang GT, taken at the Union Pacific Automotive Facility. You can' really tell in this photo, but the car was very dirty. The black paint is so glossy and smooth that, at least in this photo, it obscures the significant amount of dirt that was on the paint.

Yep, that's me, driving my new 2011 Mustang GT out of the Union Pacific Automotive Facility and headed towards the dealership for make-ready/cleanup. The car had plastic wrapped over almost everything. It was cool seeing how the car looked as it left the factory.

2011 Mustang GT gets its first tank of gasoline as my salesman, Frank Goswick, looks on.

My 2011 Mustang GT at the dealership after make-ready/cleaning. That black paint is the most beautiful I've ever seen.

My 2011 Mustang GT at the dealership after make-ready/cleaning. That black paint is the most beautiful I've ever seen.

About to leave the dealership with my new 2011 Mustang GT, I pose for a photo with my service advisor, Dan Hughson, and salesman, Frank Goswick.

I'm about to leave Doug Stanley Ford with my new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0. Yeah, there was no way I could wipe that smile off my face. I'm almost 50 and this car made me feel 16 all over again. That's a great feeling, let me tell ya.

Back at the office, my 2011 Mustang GT was looking good!

The next several photos below are of my 2011 Mustang GT on the first day at its new home.

Yep, it has the new 6-speed automatic. Some folks malign the automatic and only appreciate the manual. But let me tell ya, most folks haven't driven a Mustang GT 5.0 with the new SIX-speed automatic. The gear ratios are close-ratio and the first gear is ultra-low ...much more so than the manual transmission. This car will launch extremely quickly as a result and will give the manual transmission a run for the money as the saying goes. It sure is nice, too, when driving in stop-n-go rush-hour traffic. The interior has the Premier Trim package with Grabber Blue inserts and stitching on the seats. I chose this color because I'm a big fan of Grabber Blue, but prefer the black paint on the exterior. So, here I can have both The car also has driver/passenger power and heated seats.

The Premier Trim package also includes a different color/pattern dash. I like it better compared to the GT Premium's bright aluminum dash. This car is flawless and put together real tight. No gaps in the panels, no squeaks or wind whistles. The interior is very quiet ...noticeably more so than the 2010 that I owned previously and much more so than my 2005 and 2006 Mustangs that I also owned previously. A very nice interior, if I may say so!

I almost didn't include this photo because of the significant amount of reflection on the paint. But, I decided to include the photo to illustrate just how glossy and deep the black paint is on this car. It's truly a sight to behold!

This engine lives up to the hype. Incredibly smooth and powerful. It sounds WONDERFUL!!

The 5.0 is back!!!
Old 5/24/10, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! Great pictures.
Old 5/24/10, 10:51 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks real good, it's hard to beat black when it's all polished up!
Old 5/24/10, 10:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats
Old 5/24/10, 10:53 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

congrats, you will love it I promise
Old 5/24/10, 11:01 PM
GTR Member

Nice collection of pics. Enjoy!
Old 5/25/10, 01:21 AM
Cobra R Member

**** that looks nice...congrats!

great pics...what camera you using?

ps: whats sticker on back rear window...factory?
Old 5/25/10, 03:10 AM
V6 Member

Love to hear more impressions on the Auto if you get the chance! Great car.
Old 5/25/10, 03:40 AM
GT Member

Looks great!
Old 5/25/10, 03:52 AM
FR500 Member

I felt like I was looking at baby pictures, and you're an extremely proud dad who's been documenting every second of your baby's new life. Very cool pictures, and kudos to your salesman for the personalized level of service you got.

The paint looks fantastic!
Old 5/25/10, 05:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Gorgeous machine there...thanks for sharing your pics. Congrats!!
****, that black looks incredible on this body style.

If you keep this car for a long time (which you **** well better!!) you'll cherish these photos.
Old 5/25/10, 05:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Congrats!
Old 5/25/10, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats.
Old 5/25/10, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
awesome!
Old 5/25/10, 08:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
**** that looks nice...congrats!

great pics...what camera you using?

ps: whats sticker on back rear window...factory?
Thanks Tom (and everyone else for the comments!). My camera is a Sony F717. It's vintage 2003 technology, 5 megapixels, but its color rendition and clarity is very good, IMO. It's because of that I continue to use it rather than upgrade to a DSLR with lots more pixels, etc.

The sticker is a "Built With Pride" union/Ford sticker. The quality of this car is so good that I kinda like the sticker and left it on the window.
Old 5/25/10, 08:56 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpOnkey21
Love to hear more impressions on the Auto if you get the chance! Great car.
I'll definitely share my impressions this Sunday after I return from a Memorial Day weekend trip on Monday. Initial impressions are very positive. Extremely quick from a standing start (due to its ultra-low first gear), very smooth shifts, ratios seem well-matched to the engine's torque/power delivery, very responsive to downshifts. I'm quite pleased with it thus far and recommend it.

Also, the car attracts attention like I've never experienced before. A guy on a crotch rocket yesterday almost crashed looking at my car while he should've been watching where he was going.
Old 5/25/10, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I felt like I was looking at baby pictures, and you're an extremely proud dad who's been documenting every second of your baby's new life. Very cool pictures, and kudos to your salesman for the personalized level of service you got.

The paint looks fantastic!
Thanks. That's how I felt, too. I mean, this particular car exists because I ordered it and configured it this way. So, I kinda feel like I conceived it, LOL. Going to the rail yard was the closest I could get to the factory. It was very cool seeing it there for the first time. I agree re my salesman. He took a couple of hours out of his day just for me. It doesn't get much better than that, IMO.
Old 5/25/10, 08:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Gorgeous machine there...thanks for sharing your pics. Congrats!!
****, that black looks incredible on this body style.

If you keep this car for a long time (which you **** well better!!) you'll cherish these photos.
Thanks! Yes, I think this one is a keeper. I agree re the photos.
Old 5/25/10, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice pics! Thanks for the photo essay. What was the odometer showing when you first climbed in?
Old 5/25/10, 10:17 AM

"Every picture tells a story." I like the pics and the story! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Photo Essay of Michael's First Day With His New 2011 Mustang GT