Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Painted Hoods Standard w/ Black Gel Coated Bottoms!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/11, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Painted Hoods Standard w/ Black Gel Coated Bottoms!!

ELIMINATE THE EXTRA COST ASSOCIATED WITH PAINTED HOOD UNDERSIDES!

OUR NEW BLACK GEL COATED BOTTOMS COME STANDARD ON ALL PAINTED HOODS!

Painted Undersides are optional... CALL!

DON'T JUST HAVE JUST ANYONE PAINT YOUR HOOD!

Have it painted by experts. No one else offer a better paint job than us. Why...? Because we do it everyday.

• Install your new Cervini Hood the same day it arrives at your door!
  • Cervini's brand new state of the art downdraft paint booth insures the highest quality painted finish available!
  • We use only the finest paint products by Diamont which offers a lifetime warranty against cracking or peeling.
  • All hoods receive a two stage base / clear coat finish for an OEM quality match!

WHAT INFO DO I NEED WHEN ORDERING A PAINTED HOOD?

All we need is the Cervini Hood Part Number, Year, Make, Model, and Paint Code.
Painted hoods are offered for the 05-12 Mustangs and are available in all OEM Paint Codes.

For additional information or to place an order visit Cervinis.com or call 1-800-488-6057
Old 6/9/11, 07:03 PM
Cobra Member

Cool! Definitely makes me more interested, didn't like the idea of a plain fiberglass underside.

Do you have any pictures of the underside of the 2" cowl induction hood, and of the trailing edge of it? Do you know the weight at all?
Old 6/10/11, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CO_VaporGT_09
Cool! Definitely makes me more interested, didn't like the idea of a plain fiberglass underside.

Do you have any pictures of the underside of the 2" cowl induction hood, and of the trailing edge of it? Do you know the weight at all?

Vapor, I'm dropping my car off at Cervini's tomorrow for the 2.5" (they don't have a 2") cowl hood. I can get you some pictures when I pick it up next week!
Old 6/10/11, 07:08 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, I meant the 2.5".

Pictures would be great! I saw an old Cervini's on a 1999 Cobra recently, held up very well, I was quite surprised. I'm mostly interested in reducing some underhood temps, and if that cowl is open enough, I'm in.

Thanks!
Old 6/10/11, 07:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I meant the 2.5".

Pictures would be great! I saw an old Cervini's on a 1999 Cobra recently, held up very well, I was quite surprised. I'm mostly interested in reducing some underhood temps, and if that cowl is open enough, I'm in.

Thanks!
Yeah, I've had Cervini's Ram Air hood on my '11 for probably 7 or 8 months now, and it still looks great. Got one nasty chip from a big rock, but that's not Cervini's fault! When I mentioned it to them a few months back, they had me bring the car in and they fixed it for me free of charge!

Really great group of folks there, with top notch quality. I know the looks of their parts aren't to everyone's liking, but their work really is great.
Old 6/10/11, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

We have been updating our website to incorporate some new pictures of our products such as the undersides of our hoods. Here are some of the updated images we have of our 2010-2012 2.5" Cowl Hood (part 1202). Keep in mind, these are images of the hood unpainted in a white gel-coat finish. If you were to have the topside of your hood painted, the bottom would be in a black gel-coat finish, eliminating the extra cost associated with underside painting. If you have any other questions on the hood, feel free to let us know. Hope this helps.

Old 6/10/11, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Philip, just what I was hoping to see. Can you explain the way the ducting under there is supposed to work? Looks like a pair of channels from the rear ports to the middle area, and a large opening in the front? Not sure exactly what I'm looking at there, or what they're supposed to do...
Old 6/10/11, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Philip, just what I was hoping to see. Can you explain the way the ducting under there is supposed to work? Looks like a pair of channels from the rear ports to the middle area, and a large opening in the front? Not sure exactly what I'm looking at there, or what they're supposed to do...
The rear ports of the hood and those smaller ports further towards the center are connected with a channel. At speed, air will deflect off of the windshield and enter those rear ports which direct the air into the engine bay. Furthermore, heat is also extracted reversely through those same ports at low speed and idle.
Old 6/11/11, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

Cool! Thanks for the explanation.

Any idea on the weight?
Old 6/13/11, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor

Cool! Thanks for the explanation.

Any idea on the weight?
Not a problem. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. The 2.5" Cowl Hood weighs in at around 38 lbs.
Old 6/13/11, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Cervini's Auto Designs
The 2.5" Cowl Hood weighs in at around 38 lbs.
Is that a weight savings over factory?
Old 6/13/11, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

From what I've read, the factory one is about 30lbs, is aluminum.
Old 6/13/11, 04:35 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will you offer the 2.5" Stalker ram air hood for the 2010-12 mustangs just like the 2.5" stalker ram air hoods for the 87-93 mustangs?

Last edited by amplifier28; 6/13/11 at 04:38 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 6/14/11, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ivan 5.0
Is that a weight savings over factory?
The factory aluminum hood is slightly lighter than our fiberglass hood.

From what I've read, the factory one is about 30lbs, is aluminum.
Yup, I believe the factory aluminum hood is roughly 28-30lbs. Our hood is roughly 8-9 lbs. heavier than the factory aluminum hood. The durability of our fiberglass hoods are second to none, however, and that we can guarantee.
Old 6/14/11, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by amplifier28
Will you offer the 2.5" Stalker ram air hood for the 2010-12 mustangs just like the 2.5" stalker ram air hoods for the 87-93 mustangs?
We do have our full 10-12 Stalker kit in the works as we speak and the kit will likely include a Stalker style ram-air hood. We do not have an ETA yet on when the kit will be released, but please continue to check our website for new product releases. Thank you for your interest.
Old 6/15/11, 08:12 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kool! I would like yo have the mach I look with the stalker ram air hood.