Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Owners Ages

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/14, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Wow I wish I had some of your jobs to afford a Mustang and have a high credit score and such ...but living paycheck to paycheck makes it impossible
Lmao if I eat another bowl of Ramon noodles imma puke.

Hard work will get you far. I worked hard everyday at my old job, moved up. Now I got a new job and my old boss will call when he has something he needs done, and that pays really good.

Just keep working hard and you'll get there

Btw I started out in a 1988 Volkswagen cabrio so be glad you have a nice car now
Old 2/10/14, 07:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by BadAzzMobile
No not behind like that. I don't give a **** what anyone else thinks of me.

If you paid cash for everything growing up how are you going to earn credit? You think someone will give you money with no credit history? No, that's what credit score is for.
You need to read what I wrote more closely.

Everyone has their own way of doing things. No saying mine is the bet, cause its certainly not. I just feel most comfortable doing it this way.
Why? You do realize that you're essentially saying, "yeah, I know there are probably better ways to save more of my money, but I'm ok letting some of it slip through my fingers." I don't care what's comfortable, I care about what maximizes my retained and earned income and what is secure. I bought my Shelby because I'm careful and I make sacrifices, not because I was born with a silver spoon. Sometimes I wonder if anyone under 30 has any real understanding of economics and how to take advantage of it instead of letting other people tell them what they can and can't do with their money.
Old 2/10/14, 08:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Lmao if I eat another bowl of Ramon noodles imma puke.

Hard work will get you far. I worked hard everyday at my old job, moved up. Now I got a new job and my old boss will call when he has something he needs done, and that pays really good.

Just keep working hard and you'll get there

Btw I started out in a 1988 Volkswagen cabrio so be glad you have a nice car now
Dude Ramon Noodles are terrible for you hahaha the sodium in them is Insane! But they are pretty cheap, normally I would mix it up and spend about $50 for dinner for the entire week. Between ellios pizza, hungry man and on baller nights I would have subway lol. Now that I am still broke but a little bit wiser I can eat healthy for relatively cheap, you just have to get creative with it.

I am far from those times where all I could afford was a .75 bag of potato chips for my only meal lol. I stated off with a 1991 LTD Crown Victoria and now I have my Laguna Seca lol.
Old 2/10/14, 09:14 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ford20

Dude Ramon Noodles are terrible for you hahaha the sodium in them is Insane! But they are pretty cheap, normally I would mix it up and spend about $50 for dinner for the entire week. Between ellios pizza, hungry man and on baller nights I would have subway lol. Now that I am still broke but a little bit wiser I can eat healthy for relatively cheap, you just have to get creative with it.

I am far from those times where all I could afford was a .75 bag of potato chips for my only meal lol. I stated off with a 1991 LTD Crown Victoria and now I have my Laguna Seca lol.
Lol I don't eat them anymore, I don't think I could haha. You couldn't beat 2.19 for 24 packs of them hahaha. That's not all I ate, but I did eat alot of them.
Old 2/10/14, 09:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger

You need to read what I wrote more closely.

Why? You do realize that you're essentially saying, "yeah, I know there are probably better ways to save more of my money, but I'm ok letting some of it slip through my fingers." I don't care what's comfortable, I care about what maximizes my retained and earned income and what is secure. I bought my Shelby because I'm careful and I make sacrifices, not because I was born with a silver spoon. Sometimes I wonder if anyone under 30 has any real understanding of economics and how to take advantage of it instead of letting other people tell them what they can and can't do with their money.
So how am I supposed to get to work?? My piece of crap car I bought when I was 17 wouldn't run any more. My other piece of crap kept breaking down.

So I should jut buy another piece of crap cause I cannot afford a car that won't break down with straight up cash?

I'm not slacking, I work, I pay my bills on time, and I save. I don't see anything wrong with what I'm doing.
Old 2/10/14, 11:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I cant be the only one to have gotten 0% interest here... Im only 22 and most of you are older.. Who else got 0% apr?
Old 2/11/14, 06:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Many different deals are made to include low rates. The real acid financial test would be “ In a pinch of loss of income or family disaster, would I be able to sell my asset for more than what I owe at fair market value” and “Do I have the means to make up the difference of loss if I had to sell a car for under what is owed” Or “Would I just let the car repo”

If the answer is # 1 or 2 , then you made the right deal and decision on any car or asset bought and placed a good down payment as well, otherwise the asset is a threat until the loan is paid down. That's all.....
Old 2/11/14, 06:50 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I will be refinancing my car soon, I've been lucky with a 4.39% APR but thats with a cosigner. Alone I will more tthen likely go up to 7% ...oh well

With my Focus I'm sure my payments are probably half of all of yours its $221 but I pay $250 a month...
Old 2/11/14, 07:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ctodd1
Many different deals are made to include low rates. The real acid financial test would be “ In a pinch of loss of income or family disaster, would I be able to sell my asset for more than what I owe at fair market value” and “Do I have the means to make up the difference of loss if I had to sell a car for under what is owed” Or “Would I just let the car repo”

If the answer is # 1 or 2 , then you made the right deal and decision on any car or asset bought and placed a good down payment as well, otherwise the asset is a threat until the loan is paid down. That's all.....
Agreed, or in the same situation would you have enough money in you bank account to keep you from having to sell assets in order to make it. Having an emergency fund helps me sleep at night .
Old 2/11/14, 07:27 AM
V6 Member

I could've sold my car as soon as I bought it for more than I paid lol.

I'm saving about 17-23% of gross income, depending on how much extra I make.
Old 2/11/14, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL, Me too. Then you drove off the lot and woke up the next morning.
Old 2/11/14, 07:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ctodd1
LOL, Me too. Then you drove off the lot and woke up the next morning.
Lol I didn't buy it from a stealership.
Old 2/11/14, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
I will be refinancing my car soon, I've been lucky with a 4.39% APR but thats with a cosigner. Alone I will more tthen likely go up to 7% ...oh well With my Focus I'm sure my payments are probably half of all of yours its $221 but I pay $250 a month...
I bought my car back in August(maybe, I forget the month haha.) this was my first big used vehicle purchase that I didn't need a consigner. And surprising for a good rate at 3.79% I believe. I'm paying 339/month. Insurance sucks still because I'm 21.
Old 2/11/14, 08:39 AM
V6 Member

I like to go with or by the 50/30/20

50- rent, car, food, gas, insurance.

30- tv, movies, dates, other lifestyle choices.

20-savings.

Usually it changes depending on how much I make. So it could or really looks like

45-rent, car, insurance, food, gas.

15-lifestyle choices, I really don't do much.

17-extra car payments, mods, extra savings.

23-savings
Old 2/11/14, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow. The first page was how old we are. This page is personal finances. Yep, sounds like a bunch of old people. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just making an observation.
Oh, and I'm 60 and the 2013 Mustang GT is my 3rd pony car. The first one was a 70 Challenger 340, 4 speed just out of high school, and the second was a 85 Z28 TPI I got new. All 3 have been great fun, but the Challenger was the best, and it has nothing to do with comparable performance.
Old 2/11/14, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

27 here
Old 2/11/14, 04:54 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MDkid92
I bought my car back in August(maybe, I forget the month haha.) this was my first big used vehicle purchase that I didn't need a consigner. And surprising for a good rate at 3.79% I believe. I'm paying 339/month. Insurance sucks still because I'm 21.
My insurance is $123.45 every month ....wonder how they came up with that number
Old 2/11/14, 06:48 PM

49 here. 3rd pony but first new pony 2014 mustang gt 1st pony was 96 gt auto, 2nd was 04 mach 1
Old 2/11/14, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

30! First Mustang...always wanted one so I said screw it, I'm getting one.
Old 2/12/14, 01:06 PM

48 next month. 4th Mustang- 69, 72 vert, 95 GT, 13 GT. Wont be last...want that 69 back sooo bad...god what a body on that thing.

Quick Reply: Owners Ages