2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Our 5.0L in the F150

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/10, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhans
Hey, this suggestion that Prius owners are Latte sipping, self righteous, eco-fascists is about as true as all Pickup truck owners being country bumpkin hicks with male ego issues. True, there may be some Prius owners like that but they are in the minority.

We own a Prius, a 5.0 and an old Ford Pickup. The Prius is actually a very nice car with some great features. The only downside is that it is not made in the US.

Thats an odd combination of cars. I gotta ask this. How do you make a business case for a prius when you could have bought a corolla or fiesta or something much cheaper? I know they dont get as good of mileage but they are considerably cheaper. I mean you surely dont buy a prius for styling. I have always wondered about this. Or is it your trying to save the environment?

I admit that when I see somebody in a prius I have thoughts about the owner being some kind of save the planet liberal nut. I know thats not always the case but it does go through my head. I never think twice about a fiesta, corolla, mazda 2 or something like that. I just look at them as cheap transportation that is good on gas.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 10/29/10 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10/29/10, 12:09 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
FWIW, I wear turtlenecks, sip lattes...and love muscle cars. The world is not black and white.
Like a hint of espresso with your syrup and milk, eh?

Be a man. Quit drinking that (Italian) child's drink.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/29/10 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10/29/10, 12:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rhans
Hey, this suggestion that Prius owners are Latte sipping, self righteous, eco-fascists is about as true as all Pickup truck owners being country bumpkin hicks with male ego issues. True, there may be some Prius owners like that but they are in the minority.
While I disagree with your assessment of the Prius' demographic (there's a reason it's referred to as the "Pious"), my argument isn't against the Prius per se, but rather the people who champion its cause like it's some sort of deity. There's a distinction between "eco-crusaders are idiots" and "all Prius drivers are idiots." I understand the two can be mutually exclusive, but there IS a stigma attached to the car. It's like Camaros and mullets. You know its know it's not true, but you can't help but make the connection.

It could be worse. You could be driving a New Beetle.
Old 10/29/10, 12:38 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Like a hint of espresso with your syrup and milk, eh?

Be a man. Quit drinking that (Italian) child's drink.

Steve's wearing a turtle neck.
Old 10/29/10, 12:46 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Steve's wearing a turtle neck.
Right... and drove muscle cars. But his scotch and his coffee were straight up.

Old 10/29/10, 06:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by i3arracuda
. It's like Camaros and mullets. You know its know it's not true, but you can't help but make the connection.
LOL I had a few Camaro's in my life and i missed the memo about the mullet.. lol but then i was a beatles era preteen so the moptop worked for me
but we have a Honda Fit and a 4x4 truck and now soon a Mustang.. Its all good if you are happy driving it !

Last edited by rodmoe; 10/29/10 at 08:51 PM.