Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ordering question

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 02:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering question

I placed my order last Friday 5/14/10 and the dealer told me today that "my order was not pulled yet" what does that mean?

He said to check back with him next week.

EDIT: actual quote was "Your order was not pulled yet but should pull next week.
Ill be in touch."

Last edited by Argetni; 5/21/10 at 02:21 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 02:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Argetni
I placed my order last Friday 5/14/10 and the dealer told me today that "my order was not pulled yet" what does that mean?

The word I've gotten here is that Ford pulls the orders once a week (Tuesday? Wednesday?) So even if you place an order with a dealer, it could be ... um... 10 days! before it's actually pulled at the factory.

No, I'm not bitter.
Old 5/21/10, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

EDIT: actual quote was "Your order was not pulled yet but should pull next week.
Ill be in touch."

If you ordered last Friday, then it should have gone in sometime this week. My dealer enters orders on Wednesday, but I think they are all different. Tell him you want to see this week's 2011 CAR VEHICLE STATUS REPORT. My dealer copies it to pdf and emails it to me every week whether anything changes or not. It makes the wait easier to take.

I happened to order on Wednesday, so my order went in right away. By Friday, I had a VIN on the status report. Your dealer should not be telling you to check back with him. He should be checking back with you.
Old 5/21/10, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Ill be in touch."
I ordered my 11 GT the day before you. It seems like Ford is very slow to communicate status to dealers, but I'm betting our orders were already pulled either yesterday or today. We *should* have a VIN number within the next week and a half.
Old 5/21/10, 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by coffeejolts

If you ordered last Friday, then it should have gone in sometime this week. My dealer enters orders on Wednesday, but I think they are all different. Tell him you want to see this week's 2011 CAR VEHICLE STATUS REPORT. My dealer copies it to pdf and emails it to me every week whether anything changes or not. It makes the wait easier to take.

I happened to order on Wednesday, so my order went in right away. By Friday, I had a VIN on the status report. Your dealer should not be telling you to check back with him. He should be checking back with you.
No BS, the dealer is refering to an order being pulled when the VIN is issued. If he placed the order through the retail order verification process it will go through the steps at Ford and will eventually get "pulled (issued a VIN)" which will also issue the build week at the same time. If he thinks it will be pulled next week he thinks you will get a build date and VIN next week, this sounds about right.
Old 5/21/10, 07:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Karpro
No BS, the dealer is refering to an order being pulled when the VIN is issued. If he placed the order through the retail order verification process it will go through the steps at Ford and will eventually get "pulled (issued a VIN)" which will also issue the build week at the same time. If he thinks it will be pulled next week he thinks you will get a build date and VIN next week, this sounds about right.
Old 5/24/10, 08:14 AM
GT Member

I have the print out of the order confirmation and I watched him put it into the computer. I thought that went right to Ford?
Old 5/24/10, 08:30 AM
GT Member

order

if my understanding is right, the answer is sort of; it has to get pulled by Ford and that doesn't happen right away, like some have once a week or so....My ETA is this sunday; but I don't have any hope that it WILL be here...congrats on ordering!