Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Order Vs. lot car

Old 1/4/10, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Matt, if you want a 2011 GT as soon as you can, your best bet is to order the car when they are able to be ordered. If you wait for them to hit the lot then order you may not see your car till summer time, instead of late April. Job#1 is March 15, so my guess, the dealer inventory should come in around april or so. If you wait till then, add 6-8 weeks for an order from mid April to mid June for your car. Just a thought.
Old 1/4/10, 11:12 AM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad thing about a lot car is it will need a $350 compound job to remove all the swirls and scratches in the clear the idiot dealer put there "washing" and "detailing" the car with their rock encrusted "micro fiber towels".
Old 1/4/10, 01:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
Bad thing about a lot car is it will need a $350 compound job to remove all the swirls and scratches in the clear the idiot dealer put there "washing" and "detailing" the car with their rock encrusted "micro fiber towels".
Hey ECI, sometimes your replies make me shake my head, but this one made me mad!!! DON'T assume all dealers are idiots!!! Your the idiot for assuming!!! My detailer who does the new & used cars is a professional. He's in his 40s, been here for a LONG TIME, and is AMAZING with detail supplies. He took a black F150 that we traded in, which had scratches galore and wet-sanded it, and took a wheel to it, buffing it out, and it looks AMAZING when it was done!! No "$350 compound job" needed!!!

So please don't say every dealer is an idiot with "rock encrusted micro-fiber towels". Some places have pretty **** good detailers working for them. We sure do!! END RANT!!
Old 1/4/10, 01:59 PM
eci
Banned

I've purcased 9 new cars over the years, every one was thrashed by the dealer washer, including my GT500. Paid $400 to have it returned to new after buying it new.

A proper wash and dry takes longer than a dealer can afford per car. That is a fact.

Last edited by eci; 1/4/10 at 02:01 PM.
Old 1/4/10, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
I've purcased 9 new cars over the years, every one was thrashed by the dealer washer, including my GT500. Paid $400 to have it returned to new after buying it new.

A proper wash and dry takes longer than a dealer can afford per car. That is a fact.
And its a FACT that not every dealer thrashes a car when they wash it!!! I know this for a FACT, as I work at one!!! I'm sorry that your dealer uses less than professional people!! Maybe you should NOT get it washed by them when you buy a new vehlcle and do it yourself? But PLEASE don't assume that every dealer doesn't know how to wash a car!! Your a fool if you think every one beats up a car when they wash and detail it!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/4/10 at 02:13 PM.
Old 1/4/10, 02:11 PM
eci
Banned

Where did I say "every dealer in the world scratches cars"?

Calm down and try and comprehend sentences. They didn't wash *my* car. They washed *their* car before it became *mine*. That's what this thread is about, buying one off the lot or not. You have no control what happens to your *future* car on the lot before you buy it. 999/1000 times, the car will be damaged on the lot from morons. I could go to every dealer here in San Diego and every car on every lot will have evidence of improper washing. Lot washers make $8/hr. Someone who knows what they are doing and CARES costs a lot more than that. Economies of scale don't support correct washing unfortunately.

Last edited by eci; 1/4/10 at 02:15 PM.
Old 1/4/10, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
Where did I say "every dealer in the world scratches cars"?

Calm down and try and comprehend sentences. They didn't wash *my* car. They washed *their* car before it became *mine*. That's what this thread is about, buying one off the lot or not. You have no control what happens to your *future* car on the lot before you buy it. 999/1000 times, the car will be damaged on the lot from morons.
Sorry, I'm at work and had someone come in and ask me something. That's why I couldn't "comprehend sentences".
Old 1/4/10, 02:19 PM
eci
Banned

If you have been in the industry for 11 years as your sig says, you should be well aware that the VAST MAJORITY of car dealers are complete idiots and have no qualified people working for them. The stereotype nearly always fits so try not and get so offended. That's great that you're different. However most are how I describe. Easily proven, just go look at the cars on other dealers lots.
Old 1/4/10, 02:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
If you have been in the industry for 11 years as your sig says, you should be well aware that the VAST MAJORITY of car dealers are complete idiots and have no qualified people working for them. The stereotype nearly always fits so try not and get so offended. That's great that you're different. However most are how I describe. Easily proven, just go look at the cars on other dealers lots.
I have been in the business for now 13 years (can't update my sig for some reason), and we are different. Maybe the dealers who are bad, need to pay their detail people a little better so they get better production from them.
Old 1/8/10, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

im thinking that the damand will be so high for the 2011 that and you will be prob doing x plan at best pricing even in the fall.

that being the case your best bet being go ahead and order the car with the options and combo you want. cause i cant see compromising when the price difference is not much.

what do you guys think?

Also to the salesmen that are on this board. Is it true then that the otd price was about the same on the order car vs lot car back in 05 when the damand was high for the first year?
Old 1/8/10, 10:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by trick25

Also to the salesmen that are on this board. Is it true then that the otd price was about the same on the order car vs lot car back in 05 when the damand was high for the first year?
Hey bud, the "out the door" price was the same no matter whether they were ordered or on the lot. For my store, we sold all the new Mustangs in 2005 at MSRP and nothing more. We were LUCKY to get 1 5-speed GT a month, so it took FOREVER to get all the orders squared away. Even when we were lucky to get 1 GT for the lot, it was sold for MSRP as well (I sold it). The demand was still strong into the middle of 2006. I had to wait 6 months for my car when I ordered it (August to February).

But with the state of the economy, there will be deals on these cars. I have already sold our 1st one at X-Plan, and also offered 1% over invoice to a few forums members who are close by to my location, if they aren't getting good deals.
Old 1/8/10, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

well i hope we dont see that again. as it stands now. its a good time to be a stang fan! i should have never sold my 98 avert. but ill be correcting around Christmas when i put my order in when the truck its paid off and down is saved.

that is if my senses dont tell me that a 2010 or 2009(used) would be the more practical financially.
Old 1/8/10, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To get the cash incentives, you have to take a car from dealer stock. For me what was 5500 bucks worth. So I found a car that was about 80 percent of what I wanted and then did a few mods of my own.
Old 1/8/10, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

very true. i just dont think there will be much incentive on the 11 for at least a year. hopefully im wrong.

yeah im not hard to please. but i must have saddle interior. it reminds me of my 98 and brings back good memories. that and manual and 3.73s are a must. the rest like alarms, hid,fancy radio can always be done later. i have seen very little saddle interiors around here except on v6s. not sure why especially since the darker is hotter here in texas

Last edited by trick25; 1/8/10 at 10:45 AM.
Old 1/8/10, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My buddy had to wait so long for his Z06 order that the model year changed. He ordered an 2006 but wound up with a 2007. I think he waited 7 or 8 months.
Old 1/8/10, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
LOL - I had never driven a Mustang - ever (but rode a lot in my buddy's '65 2+2 in HS). Custom ordered my Bullitt 12.6.07 based only on LA Car Show/Ford website info... and still never drove one until after I had actually purchased my own. I was mesmerized... I just knew this was the one... and it is!
Just order one exactly how you want it.
Ditto here. Had owned plenty of Fox bodies and one SN95 which I was plenty happy with but when I saw the S197 Bullitt displayed at the San Jose Auto Show, I also knew right off that I just had to have it. With no test drives of any S197, I had no problem signing an order form four days later and have never regretted it.

I could do it again when I'm ready to order my anticipated 2012 or 2013 GT 'vert (to keep my Bullitt company!) but will probably take a test drive in an example ahead of time just for the heck of it. I've sat in the competition (Camaro and Challenger) and that experience combined with what I've read about their driving dynamics negated my need for any test drives on those.
Old 1/8/10, 01:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by eci
I've been in the business at the same dealership for 10+ years. I am so glad that I work at a dealership that hires/retains quality people who take pride in their work. Our detail guy, like Jeff's, is older (later 40's or early 50's) than the average dealer's group of kids, and he takes great pride in making every car look awesome.

We trade inventory with other dealers all the time, and it floors me how often cars from other dealers are scratched up and dinged, supporting what you are saying about the vast majority.

So, eci, you are right. Jeff, you and I are lucky to work for dealers that are the exceptions to the rule.
Old 1/8/10, 01:34 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusp
To get the cash incentives, you have to take a car from dealer stock.
NOT TRUE. You get the factory incentives whether you buy from dealer stock or special order from the factory. The key is that you get whatever incentives are available at the time you take delivery of the car (not when you order it - in the case of a special order).
Old 1/10/10, 01:39 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Obviously when buying a lot car the buyer should inspect their future car candidate. I got my 08 after it was siting in the lot for a whole year. It was unmolested with 13 miles in the ODO. I think that's gotta be super rare, as my ordered Ranger had 35 miles on it. Apparently not many dealers order FX4 Rangers with a stick and leather lol

I despise when they give out PDI's to the quicklane and lube guys, the detail guys dont bother me much.
Old 1/11/10, 03:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I've been in the business at the same dealership for 10+ years. I am so glad that I work at a dealership that hires/retains quality people who take pride in their work. Our detail guy, like Jeff's, is older (later 40's or early 50's) than the average dealer's group of kids, and he takes great pride in making every car look awesome.

We trade inventory with other dealers all the time, and it floors me how often cars from other dealers are scratched up and dinged, supporting what you are saying about the vast majority.

So, eci, you are right. Jeff, you and I are lucky to work for dealers that are the exceptions to the rule.
And there's yet another reason for most of the guys on this forum who are going to buy a 2011 Ford Mustang to buy from you or Jeff!

To me, a two/three day road trip back home is part of the fun!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Order Vs. lot car