to get a stupid ^@%$# ticket. grrr
Old 9/9/13, 09:32 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Sucks. What was it for?
Old 9/9/13, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took me bout 4 months but bought it in winter time so wasn't speeding much when I was occasionally driving it :P and only ticket I got was for... 6 miles over... cop was being a dick... but I was going a good 20 over about 5 minutes before so I took the 6 and didn't complain lol
Old 9/9/13, 09:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I have been driving (for the most part) no higher than ~72-74 mph. Grabber blue isn't exactly a "blend into the crowd" color. But haven't had a ticket yet. I find ways to get my need for speed satisfied

Sucks about the ticket, at least it's only 6mph over
Old 9/9/13, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Not sure how much his was for :P I just paid mine took it in stride lol but it did work I slowed down quite a bit lol only go 5 over now
Old 9/9/13, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine was 31 in a 25. cop came up to me, chuckled a little and said nice car, heres your ticket. luckly its my 1st ticket in 23 years, so hopefully I can work some way out to get probation and not have the ticket on my record
Old 9/9/13, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by texasgtguy
mine was 31 in a 25. cop came up to me, chuckled a little and said nice car, heres your ticket. luckly its my 1st ticket in 23 years, so hopefully I can work some way out to get probation and not have the ticket on my record
Request Deferred Adjudication.

No silly classes to take, just pay a fine and don't get another ticket for 6 months and you're free and clear. Nothing goes on your record.
Old 9/9/13, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Moustang
Request Deferred Adjudication.

No silly classes to take, just pay a fine and don't get another ticket for 6 months and you're free and clear. Nothing goes on your record.
that sounds like a plan. I called and told my fiancé and she about fell out of her chair at working laughing, saying "I told ya so"
Old 9/9/13, 10:16 AM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
You can request Deferred Adjudication, which is basically 6 months probation. If you don't get another ticket during that time, then it will be dropped from your record. But if you do get another ticket, then you will get both tickets on your record. I usually take Defensive Driving (usually a $100 fee to the court plus $25 for the class) once a year, and keep the deferred option as a backup in case I get 2 tickets in 12 months.
Old 9/9/13, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
that sounds like a plan. I called and told my fiancé and she about fell out of her chair at working laughing, saying "I told ya so"
wait? what?? who did you tell??
Old 9/9/13, 10:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Took me about a year to get my first ticket. I was doing 64 in a 45. Cop was cool. I took classes and it was dropped.
Old 9/9/13, 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In Florida, you can request a prayer for judgement. You can request (as long as your record was clean prior to this ticket) for this, and the insurance points are cleared. You still pay a fine, but your insurance is not notified. You must maintain a clean record for two years; if you get another ticket during that time frame, even if it's for something small, then both tickets are placed against you insurance point wise.

However, this is rarely used in Florida anymore, as most first time offenders sign up for a drivers class (four or five hours), and the insurance points are waived. Living in Florida and getting a ticket, your mailbox gets full of invitations to attend these classes.

Last edited by Bucko; 9/9/13 at 10:47 AM.
Old 9/9/13, 11:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Technically I just got my first ticket in mine thought i've had mine for more than a year n 1/2. Was a ticket for window tint so just a fix it ticket...which i had written off and still managed to keep my tint for now.
Old 9/9/13, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
Technically I just got my first ticket in mine thought i've had mine for more than a year n 1/2. Was a ticket for window tint so just a fix it ticket...which i had written off and still managed to keep my tint for now.
Get pulled again, for anything, and you'll be seeing an unpleasent suprise!
Old 9/9/13, 11:28 AM
GT Member

Also if you ask to change the infraction to Impeding Trafic, and pay the fine that works well too. They get their money and you get to keep a clean record. It worked for me on 4 different occasions over the years. I use the same line every time: "In light of my excellent driving record I would like to ask to have the ticket changed to impeding, and I will pay the court fees."
Old 9/9/13, 03:18 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
15 months - pulled over twice - zero tickets.

*knocks on wood*
Old 9/9/13, 03:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dang - that's pretty picky - unless it was a school zone.
Old 9/9/13, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've been pulled over twice for doing about 25 mph over the speed limit. I also don't have a front license plate because I don't want to drill into my car. But technically it's illegal in NY. Both times though, the officers were like, I'll tell you what, I'm cutting you a break, and they only wrote me up for the front plate being missing.

Both times they started to explain how that was cutting me a break and I'm like...no need to explain yourself. I'm very happy about the break since it means no points on my license or insurance being affected.
Old 9/10/13, 06:22 AM
GT Member

I wish the center info display had a digital MPH option like my Volkswagen CC had. My Mustang's speedo is a little hard to see the exact speed with a quick glance.

"Is that above the dot or below?"
Old 9/10/13, 07:28 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I had a cop in Texas issue me a citation. Told me it would be about 300 dollars and how to pay it. He then said it could be handled at a better rate if payed that day. 200 dollars cash directly to him and the ticket never happened. I love the law! Especially with value!

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/10/13 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: it only took 10 days in my GT....