Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Only in Canada do we get shafted

Search this Thread

Old 4/16/13, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
lhe couldn't buy a different car because he didn't find out until delivery and it was too late, the sales material showed the car with fog lights when he bought it, just like all prior years had. it then came w/o, in Ontario you're stuck and can't back out after a deposit is left.
That's not true. Even in Canada, when one party wants to change the agreement, the other side has to agree or the deal is off. The fact that a 3rd party (or any other) document says subject to change does not give them free reign. By your logic, you could order a new Mustang and the dealer could deliver you a clapped out 1971 Pinto and keep your deposit if you wouldn't take it.

It's a shame buyers didn't get their grill lights but they chose that as a lessor of two evils, i.e. not having a new Mustang at all.

If dealers and Ford didn't do anything to make it up to buyers, they were just plain stupid because the buyers were harmed by this. Not to mention the future lost sales to people who agree it was not right.

I just added a new Cadillac to our stable and one of the areas that Cadillac beat the competition was how they handled problems. The first cars with CUE (think My Ford Touch/Sync on steroids) had software and hardware problems. Cadillac proactively replaced the center stacks for the cars with bad hardware and updated the software AND gave every customer an equivalent or better loaner car, a full tank of gas AND a $50 cash card. They didn't say: the brochure said subject to change.
Old 4/16/13, 11:41 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
That's not true. Even in Canada, when one party wants to change the agreement, the other side has to agree or the deal is off. The fact that a 3rd party (or any other) document says subject to change does not give them free reign. By your logic, you could order a new Mustang and the dealer could deliver you a clapped out 1971 Pinto and keep your deposit if you wouldn't take it.

It's a shame buyers didn't get their grill lights but they chose that as a lessor of two evils, i.e. not having a new Mustang at all.

If dealers and Ford didn't do anything to make it up to buyers, they were just plain stupid because the buyers were harmed by this. Not to mention the future lost sales to people who agree it was not right.

I just added a new Cadillac to our stable and one of the areas that Cadillac beat the competition was how they handled problems. The first cars with CUE (think My Ford Touch/Sync on steroids) had software and hardware problems. Cadillac proactively replaced the center stacks for the cars with bad hardware and updated the software AND gave every customer an equivalent or better loaner car, a full tank of gas AND a $50 cash card. They didn't say: the brochure said subject to change.
Off-topic: All this time you've been on the forum I just NOW got your username

Yes, I'm the slow kid lol