Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OFFTOPIC RANT: I hate people who can't park

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/10, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
When parking far out like that... If your wife is with you... And complains... Don't justify it by saying she could use the exercise. There is no taking that back.
You just have to make sure you can work a compliment in there. Something like, "Come on honey, you know you don't sweat that much, for a big ol' fat girl!" Something nice. Softens the exercise comment and gives them something to feel good about.

Just in case my wife reads this, I want to go on record that my wife is in fact a size 3.
Old 8/27/10, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ lol gotta cover your @$$
Old 8/27/10, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Man I HATE THAT CRAP SO MUCH AS WELL!

It happend to me at a best buy parking lot and I do the same as well park away from the other people that don't give a crap about their cars. So I came on here to look for something that I can use if it were to occur again. I have about 10 of these babies in my glove compartment in case a situation like this happens again.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57478&d=1122263087
I find a hand written note is best something short like. "In the future let's try to be more respectful of each others space." It seems like a short note, but writing something like that using nothing but a car key and their drivers door can take some time. Remember punctuation, neatness and spelling count!

Last edited by eric n; 8/27/10 at 02:49 PM.
Old 8/27/10, 02:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
People I parked all the way out here to get away from people like you....
Some people enjoy messing with those of us that park far away

Anyways I think anyone interested in having some fun with poor parkers should get some of these business cards printed up, I'm on my last few...

Order here: http://houseofgrafix.net/index.php?p...mart&Itemid=26
Old 8/27/10, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Off topic, but I just went out and cleaned the bugs off the ft. bumper from a road trip yesterday. A yellow stain- into the clear coat (white 5.0) Can't get it out -even with compound. I'm TICKED!
Old 8/27/10, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
At the store, I park in the next Zip Code, I just tell everyone that is part of my Exercise routine.
Heck at work, 8 years ago I made my own parking spot so no one can park next to me
Old 8/27/10, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I park as far from the building as is possible and generally take an awesome spot that provides near complete shade at all hours of the day. In addition, one side is a curb. Only disadvantage is that the parking lot designers made it VERY small and also crooked. I manage to at least get decently parked, but some guy has taken to taking my spot... even though there are three rows of empty parking closer to the building. And I think I know why.

"Why does that Mustang park over there? I mean I figure he likes his car, but... Oh. Wait. The way those trees are arranged, that spot WOULD provide constant shade... That means my interior will be cool and shady when I leave for lunch AND for home. AWESOME! *steals*" I really just pick it to keep the sun off my paint job and the leather. His car is dinged and faded.

Oh well, at least I found an almost as good secondary spot.
Old 8/27/10, 06:02 PM
GT Member

Sometimes I find myself parking relative to the car next to me. To the OP, in your case I would have probably parked as the prelude did. Since you were so far over, I would park far enough from you as if you were in the middle of the space. Sometimes I will get out and notice I am off center cause the car next to me was off center, even though I am the correct distance from them. Usually I fix it, unless I am in between the lines and in a hurry. Maybe if you would have parked in the middle of your space the Prelude would have been in the middle of his space...
Old 8/27/10, 06:10 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Cool

I don't take my GT to work.
Old 8/27/10, 06:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Lancel
I park as far from the building as is possible and generally take an awesome spot that provides near complete shade at all hours of the day. In addition, one side is a curb. Only disadvantage is that the parking lot designers made it VERY small and also crooked. I manage to at least get decently parked, but some guy has taken to taking my spot... even though there are three rows of empty parking closer to the building. And I think I know why.

"Why does that Mustang park over there? I mean I figure he likes his car, but... Oh. Wait. The way those trees are arranged, that spot WOULD provide constant shade... That means my interior will be cool and shady when I leave for lunch AND for home. AWESOME! *steals*" I really just pick it to keep the sun off my paint job and the leather. His car is dinged and faded.

Oh well, at least I found an almost as good secondary spot.
This happens to me, and I take no prisoners. It's full out war. I start waking up 15 minutes early to beat him to the spot. If 15 minutes isn't enough, I make it 30. I keep waking up earlier until I consistently beat him to it. After about a week of not getting the spot, they usually give up and start parking somewhere else. Then I go back to waking up at my normal time and every thing is back to normal.

Yeah, I'm OCD about my parking spot.
Old 8/27/10, 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I've started carrying a plastic coke bottle, filled about 1/3 of they way full with 4 or 5 cig butts in it, with me. I park way out away from anyone and place the "empty" coke bottle in the space beside me. Very few people will park over the bottle or get out to move it.
Old 8/28/10, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
ha ha, yeah my wife thinks I "can't park" . . . since I'm always looking for a big wide open spot with no other cars around . . . she's always saying "would you just park the dam car so we can go in the store already!?"
Old 8/28/10, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by FivePointO
My girlfriend would always ***** about me parking so far away. I would just say you want to drive next time? Of course she would shut up after that LOL. Why do women hate driving so much? Anyway that green blob being the challenger cracked me up.
I have to drive. I can't stand the way anyone else drives.
Old 8/28/10, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bert
ha ha, yeah my wife thinks I "can't park" . . . since I'm always looking for a big wide open spot with no other cars around . . . she's always saying "would you just park the dam car so we can go in the store already!?"
Why does this sound sooooooooo familiar???
Old 8/28/10, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JobeNole44
Sometimes I find myself parking relative to the car next to me. To the OP, in your case I would have probably parked as the prelude did. Since you were so far over, I would park far enough from you as if you were in the middle of the space. Sometimes I will get out and notice I am off center cause the car next to me was off center, even though I am the correct distance from them. Usually I fix it, unless I am in between the lines and in a hurry. Maybe if you would have parked in the middle of your space the Prelude would have been in the middle of his space...
I have found myself accidentally doing the same thing. Like you I usually correct my parking. I gave up on parking way out for this simple reason: People will naturally park next to another car even if it's in another zip code. Once they make this decision to park in some area they will naturally park right next to another car just as they will try to drive equally between two cars (not paying attention to the lines). Human Behavior and the need to be part of the pack I think.
Old 8/28/10, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordFun
I Human Behavior and the need to be part of the pack I think.
This is it. It's similar to how people become "magnets" on the road. They tend to cling together and drive the exact same speed side by side. I really hate this. I'll speed up to pass a car and then they'll "migrate" to my speed. I'll then slow down and make them go around me. I hate it when people "cling" to me on the road.
Old 8/28/10, 07:15 PM
GT Member

The 05 NEVER went to the mall, and on the few occasions I took it to work,
nobody parked near me- they knew how **** I was/am............ busted my chops saying they had to build a garage for me to drive it to work.
The only time I took it out was for dinner at a restaurant or similr place, and it got parked wayyyy out from everything else, didn't really have a problem.

The 11 will follow the same rules except I'm retired now and don't ever have to take it to work !! !

Last edited by postalworker; 8/28/10 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 8/30/10, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still trying to get used to parking my Mustang. For some reason I find it kind of difficult to judge where the corners are. There have been a few times when I've parked it, got out, and reparked it because I'm too far to one side or still have two feet of space in front of the car.