http://forums.corvetteforum.com/othe...ustang-gt.html
Old 4/15/10 | 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Very civilized out there !!
Old 4/15/10 | 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RickyD
Very civilized out there !!
Second that. Seems like a good group of guys.
Old 4/15/10 | 07:02 PM
V6 Member

They must all still be in shock over the leaked info that the C8 Corvette will be a copy of the old Acura NSX.
I imagine 99% are still trying to wrap their heads around a mid-engined V6 corvette
Old 4/15/10 | 07:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Corvette owners are a classy group of people. :-)

(Ignore my SN...)
Old 4/15/10 | 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

It seems they didn't get the Camaro5 memo!
Old 4/15/10 | 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, they're a little more objective because they're in a different class from the Mustang. I work with a couple die-hard 'vette guys, and they still respect the hell out of the Mustang for what it is. They just prefer the purebred sports car that the vette is.
Old 4/15/10 | 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you notice the few who cut their "performance" teeth with a good old fashion Fox Mustang. My last GT was a 96...after I traded in, I was all over the map...98 Nissan Maxima, 2000 Altima, 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 VW Jetta. Then the 05 Mustang hit the market and I've been wanting one ever since. Well, I sold my Jetta a few months back, put the profit into my "Mustang Fund" and waiting until July 1st when my Ford stock matures and I can get my pin number.

My wife doesn't understand the passion of a car guy...especially a Mustang guy. I have a job that provides me a work truck and all the fuel I need...so needless to say, she doesn't want me spending my money on a Mustang...or any car for that matter...but hell, you only live once, and I will have my Stang, in this life or the next...:-)
Old 4/16/10 | 01:01 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Did you notice the few who cut their "performance" teeth with a good old fashion Fox Mustang. My last GT was a 96...after I traded in, I was all over the map...98 Nissan Maxima, 2000 Altima, 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 VW Jetta. Then the 05 Mustang hit the market and I've been wanting one ever since. Well, I sold my Jetta a few months back, put the profit into my "Mustang Fund" and waiting until July 1st when my Ford stock matures and I can get my pin number.

My wife doesn't understand the passion of a car guy...especially a Mustang guy. I have a job that provides me a work truck and all the fuel I need...so needless to say, she doesn't want me spending my money on a Mustang...or any car for that matter...but hell, you only live once, and I will have my Stang, in this life or the next...:-)
hey lou you can prolly order in may and the car will arrive after july 1st and you can use your pin
Old 4/16/10 | 05:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
hey lou you can prolly order in may and the car will arrive after july 1st and you can use your pin
Not sure...but now that you bring it up, I'll check with my Ford Salesman...Thanks for the suggestion.

ps...the wife is not going to like this one
Old 4/16/10 | 06:52 AM

Yeah, here's my cynical take on why Corvette owners are so much more civil about the Mustang (than Camaro owners):

1) Different socio-economic class? (I don't have any statistics, but I'm guessing they probably make more money and may have more education)
2) Corvettes will still spank Mustangs. (I think a big reason why the Camaro5 people are so irrational and grasping at straws for reasons to hate on the Mustang, is because the Mustang has actually got it beat in every category: interior, straight line accelleration, track performance. Only thing left is the appearance, which is up to your taste.) -- In fact, I think alot of the mullet-having-uneducated camaro owner stereotypes, that we Mustang owners have perpetuated in the past, were really from our own insecurities about our lesser performing vehicles. (i.e., "ok the camaro is faster, but at least I don't have a mullet!" type comments)..

ok, enough psychology. My point is.. I like the corvette guys, and appreciate that they're able to see the new Mustang for what it is.
Old 4/16/10 | 07:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Yeah, here's my cynical take on why Corvette owners are so much more civil about the Mustang (than Camaro owners):

1) Different socio-economic class? (I don't have any statistics, but I'm guessing they probably make more money and may have more education)
If that had been written over at Camaro5 I would have immediately responded with, "Yes, Corvette owners, by and large, no longer work at McDonald's and have completed the 8th grade."

Just because I'm an asshat like that.

Old 4/16/10 | 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe it's different for these guys I work with, but I'm pretty sure they just appreciate a good car when they see it, regardless of the class the car fits into. When I told them I was getting a mustang, they said "Buy a used Vette." I told them the reasons I thought the Mustang was a better daily driver, and they ended up agreeing. Then the news starting breaking about what the new 5.0 was, and they congratulated me on a good purchase. They're just as excited to see my new car as I am. Almost. No one but my fellow Mustang purchasers could be that excited
Old 4/16/10 | 07:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
If that had been written over at Camaro5 I would have immediately responded with, "Yes, Corvette owners, by and large, no longer work at McDonald's and have completed the 8th grade."

Just because I'm an asshat like that.

I guess they'd yank it if you cut and pasted both comments over there. Hint hint.
Old 4/16/10 | 07:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
I guess they'd yank it if you cut and pasted both comments over there. Hint hint.
Trouble maker.
Old 4/16/10 | 07:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Not sure...but now that you bring it up, I'll check with my Ford Salesman...Thanks for the suggestion.

Time to put "baby in the corner"
Old 4/16/10 | 07:58 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Yes that was a good read. Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted by PaulVincent
Old 4/16/10 | 08:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Someone with a Camaro5 login should post that link on their site. It'd be funny to see their reaction to fellow Chevy folks actually praising Ford for their accomplishment on the new Mustang. I didn't know level headed Chevy fans existed! I stand corrected.
Old 4/16/10 | 09:12 AM
MOTM Committee Member

All you have to do is time it right to get that puppy in right after your x-plan pin is activated...
Old 4/16/10 | 09:15 AM

Been a member of that forum for 6 years.

Not too many people post in the other cars section....

Here is a longer thread posted in off topic.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...os-395whp.html

However the off topic area is a bit more diverse. I would say a majority of guys in the off topic section are true Gear heads then chevy guys or even American only car guys.

In fact i found this website through a member who belongs on here as well as corvetteforum. As for the first time since 2003/2004 that i am impressed with the Mustang since the new 5.0 seems promising.

Quick Reply: Objective Comments on CorvetteForum.com