Sponsored By:

No 2011 in Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 11/27/10, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
GT5 > poop > Forza

GT series has been around much longer than the Forza series. They aren't copying anyone.
Heh, I have been playing driving sims a heck of a long time before GT came out. I played every forza and GT. GT was left behind a long time ago and they absolutely copied some of the moderen features of forza. What they did not copy or bring over from earlier games are thrown together crap like the nonsenseical menu. Its like a crazy person with no user interface experiance designed it. If it were not for the good driving experiance I would have given it away.

I will say this, the muscle car challenge was fantastic. Seeing all those classics on the track like that was something no ther game has really got right. Its a shame it was so brief.

The Forza is less then poop comment makes me wonder.......tell us exactly why its so bad? It is the best console simulation out there period.

Last edited by falhulk; 11/27/10 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11/27/10, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rodmoe
Well I have not played GT5 but I have played Forza , Project Gotham, and gameFlyed most of the others and my bad for lumping them all together as they are not burnout being a point and shoot game while test drive is more a social game and not a true driving sim.
FYI, Project gotham and burnout are arcade racers. Full on unrealistic. Forza and GT5 are very realistic and you dont just hold the gas around the entire track.
Old 11/27/10, 10:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered a copy of Forza 3 Ultimate collection. I'm hoping they both come out with some DLC that features the 2011 GT, and maybe even the Boss 302 as well.
Old 11/27/10, 11:20 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to like GT series but ever since switching to Forza 2 and now 3 I get a little annoyed at GT.

GT never seems to learn from their mistakes. They have always drove good and looked fantastic. But they always had horrile engine sounds way to many versions of the same cars and horrible AI.

I havn't heard about the AI but from what I hear they didn't fix the other problems.

Forza 3 does everything right, sure it doesn't look quite as pretty as GT but its a beautiful game and the total package is fantastic.
Old 11/27/10, 12:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

GT5 has one thing Forza doesn't: Logitech Wheel (G25/G27) support. This isn't really Forza's fault but more Microsofts for refusing to license products to use on the Xbox, but the Logitech wheels are 100x better than the Microsoft racing wheel and I can't get past that, even if Forza may in fact be the better racing game.
Old 11/27/10, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
GT5 has one thing Forza doesn't: Logitech Wheel (G25/G27) support. This isn't really Forza's fault but more Microsofts for refusing to license products to use on the Xbox, but the Logitech wheels are 100x better than the Microsoft racing wheel and I can't get past that, even if Forza may in fact be the better racing game.
Good point. I am trying to resist buying the G27.......
Old 11/27/10, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by falhulk
FYI, Project gotham and burnout are arcade racers. Full on unrealistic. Forza and GT5 are very realistic and you dont just hold the gas around the entire track.
yup and i like em all to a point but if i want to drive i would rather go to the track not the tv room but i think PG made some strides in the last edition but whatever you like its only a game after all enjoy it

Last edited by rodmoe; 11/27/10 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11/27/10, 04:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Knight

I havn't heard about the AI but from what I hear they didn't fix the other problems.
The AI is miles better than in GT4 and a slight improvement over GT5 Prologue. I have been turned around a few times, but that's about it. They no longer slam into you mid corner as if you weren't even there. They will block you going into corners if you don't already have a fender on them. They do make mistakes on the track and will really make you work if you try to block them on a straight. In previous games, they would pick either high or low and if you successfully blocked them they would lift off the throttle and fall back several car lengths. In this game they will keep trying to pass you after a block and will turn you around if you give them an opening. Unfortunately, the AI itself is very slow, and I haven't found an option to increase the difficulty. I'm assuming they get harder whenever you level your driver (the leveling system is pretty much the same as the one in Forza 2).
Old 11/27/10, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
They do have support for the Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel. It's twice as much as the G27, but that's the price of admission when Microsoft is calling the shots. Forza 3 is completely playable with the controller, though. I'd rather use it than a crappy wheel.

Using a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 wheel with clubsport pedals in GT5. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the XBOX 360. It's a great wheel/pedal combo, if you can justify the cost.
Old 11/27/10, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i told the wifey i wanted this for my bday, maybe i should rent it first? i have the first 4 and have always been a fan. forget the fact the new gt isnt in there (though still sad,) what about the **** 03/04 cobra??? why can this car not be in any game other than the boring ford racing games? whats the hold up? there has to be a reason.
Old 11/27/10, 06:06 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike1284
i told the wifey i wanted this for my bday, maybe i should rent it first? i have the first 4 and have always been a fan. forget the fact the new gt isnt in there (though still sad,) what about the **** 03/04 cobra??? why can this car not be in any game other than the boring ford racing games? whats the hold up? there has to be a reason.
hey those ford racing games were pretty fun!
Old 11/27/10, 06:10 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
metacritics so far has GT5 at 86 while forza is at 92.
Old 11/28/10, 12:36 PM
Cobra R Member

got zero complaints about the game. the driving dynamics are unreal.

i am using a driving force steering wheel though, the feedback you get through it, and driving in cockpit view on a 60" tv 4 feet from it........... its like real life
Old 11/28/10, 08:29 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at this promo vid http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/26/v...aris/#comments

There's a '10+ in it. Looks like a V6 but they credit it as a mustang shelby with 325hp. What??

How come most foreigners think every mustang is a shelby? lol
Old 11/28/10, 09:59 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Still gonna pick it up even though GT5 seems to be pretty underwhelming, hs anybody tried the track editor yet?

And as for current racing games, I've had a blast playing NFS:Shift
Old 11/28/10, 10:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Fazm
got zero complaints about the game. the driving dynamics are unreal.

i am using a driving force steering wheel though, the feedback you get through it, and driving in cockpit view on a 60" tv 4 feet from it........... its like real life
+1 on two driving force wheels in front of a 60" TV. With speakers in front side and back in our gameroom. I can't get my wife to the track, but I can get her on GT5. I wish there was a way to have two 60" screens side by side on the same PS3. Is this doable?
Old 11/28/10, 10:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by bob
Still gonna pick it up even though GT5 seems to be pretty underwhelming, hs anybody tried the track editor yet?

And as for current racing games, I've had a blast playing NFS:Shift
what system do you play Shift on?
Old 11/28/10, 11:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by brycerichert
+1 on two driving force wheels in front of a 60" TV. With speakers in front side and back in our gameroom. I can't get my wife to the track, but I can get her on GT5. I wish there was a way to have two 60" screens side by side on the same PS3. Is this doable?
and make it like a dual monitor setup on a pc? no
Old 11/29/10, 03:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Man some of you guys are really slumming it with puny 60" TV's. I prefer game play on my front projector on a 92" screen from 9' away...talk about like being there!! Lol.
I picked up GT5 but lately I've spent more time driving around in the clone of my GT500 in the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
Old 11/29/10, 08:11 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Jay
what system do you play Shift on?
On the PS3

Quick Reply: No 2011 in Gran Turismo 5