Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

No 2011 in Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/10, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No 2011 in Gran Turismo 5

Bah! anyone else pissed that the 2011 stang isn't in GT5? The 2007 GT is...but i don't care much for the 2007 since i don't have one haha
Old 11/25/10, 06:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah... That's pretty lame that they didn't do the new gt. Then again I always thought gt5 is more about the European and Japanese cars rather than domestic. I don't have a ps3 but intend on buying one just for gt5!
Old 11/25/10, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

It would probably take them another year to make it....
Old 11/25/10, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

well I did that exact thing, went out and bought a used PS3 on monday in order to play this game... and honestly I don't regret it at all! Once you play it, you'll realize why it took so long for them to create it..the interior details and exterior of each car are incredible, and the tracks are great...overall its a 10/10 in my books

you even get to drive the top gear test track lol
Old 11/25/10, 07:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm waiting for it to be added to Forza. GT5 has been a disappointment from most people I've talked to.
Old 11/25/10, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

^ to be honest I don't know how it's dissapointing at all...its gran turismo..if you've never liked gran turismo, you won't like this...if your a gran turismo fan..it's everything you've wanted plus more

and also if you don't drive in cockpit view..it's a totally differant game...cockpit view is what the game is all about. I take the reviews with a grain of salt...Its like a driving enthusiest reviewing a new computer..your not going to like the game if your not in love with driving.

Every real driver I know, can't stop playing
Old 11/25/10, 08:59 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
^ to be honest I don't know how it's dissapointing at all...its gran turismo..if you've never liked gran turismo, you won't like this...if your a gran turismo fan..it's everything you've wanted plus more

and also if you don't drive in cockpit view..it's a totally differant game...cockpit view is what the game is all about. I take the reviews with a grain of salt...Its like a driving enthusiest reviewing a new computer..your not going to like the game if your not in love with driving.

Every real driver I know, can't stop playing
I've got the first 4 GT games, and loved them. Once I played Forza though, it was all over. Prologue was disappointing (and I'm not using that to judge GT5 final) but there were some things that really needed to be worked out, and adding more facets of racing just weren't it.
Old 11/25/10, 09:30 AM
Bullitt Member

So many Driving games out there now like GT5 such as Test Drive Unlimited and Forza, Burn-Out and Need for Speed all pretty much the same. Since my ps3 overheated and i went back to the Xbox i do have less hand cramping LOL
Does PS3 now have downloadable content so maybe they will add a car pack like Xbox does for a cost ?
Old 11/25/10, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

haha, i have xbox too..i specifically bought the ps3 for GT5

and i agree...xbox controllers are 10 times better lol

and thats the thing though, there are a lot of games out there...but none of them go as in depth in recreating the driving experiance of each car like gt5 does
Old 11/25/10, 09:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
the controller is actually what keeps me from xbox. After playing play station for so long, the x-box controller is like learning a new language.
Old 11/25/10, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm also waiting for the 5.0 in Forza 3. I got the 2010 GT500 in the downloadable Autoweek car pack and you can modify it with all the appropriate appearance and performance parts as per real life which I really like. I'm sure GT5 has 30 different types of Integra's and Evo's which are more important...
Old 11/25/10, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I've got the first 4 GT games, and loved them. Once I played Forza though, it was all over. Prologue was disappointing (and I'm not using that to judge GT5 final) but there were some things that really needed to be worked out, and adding more facets of racing just weren't it.
Complete agreement
Old 11/25/10, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

yep that was a bit upsetting for me too! but theres actually 2 S197 GT's if the car list is truly 100% accurate. the 05 GT from GT4 and the newer 07 Premium GT. that along with the Cobra R, GT350R and also new to the game....71 Mustang (not sure if its a Mach1 or Boss)
Old 11/25/10, 01:01 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Maybe they were worried about the 2011 GT 5.0 beating too many of the Supercars in the game. LOL
Old 11/25/10, 03:25 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rodmoe
So many Driving games out there now like GT5 such as Test Drive Unlimited and Forza, Burn-Out and Need for Speed all pretty much the same. Since my ps3 overheated and i went back to the Xbox i do have less hand cramping LOL
Does PS3 now have downloadable content so maybe they will add a car pack like Xbox does for a cost ?
Yes, the PS3 has had this for pretty much forever lol.

Originally Posted by codeman94
the controller is actually what keeps me from xbox. After playing play station for so long, the x-box controller is like learning a new language.
This.

I was disappointed that the 5.0 didn't make the initial cut for the car roster. GT5 is no doubt the most detailed racing game to date with nascar, rally, supercars, etc. in it. But I'm waiting till the 5.0 is added before I drop the money down to buy it. Black Ops is holding me over for now...
Old 11/25/10, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I could be wrong but i thought that I had read that there will be download-able content for GT5. Here's hoping.

I have a ballin' wheel for my PS3 and plenty of hours to kill while my real car is on stands :`(
Old 11/25/10, 10:54 PM
GT Member

I've been playing GT5 pretty much every free moment for the last two days. The only nice thing I can say is that the driving physics trump pretty much any game I've played. The car list is abysmal, the HUD covers the rear view mirror in cockpit view, the collision physics are from some alien dimension, and the menus are horrid. If you've played GT4, you've already played this game to death. It truly is GT4 in HD, with better physics (and 200 extra cars). B-spec is completely pointless. Not only are the races longer than if you did them yourself (extra laps for the same event and you can't speed up time), but you are constantly having to micro-manage your driver every 10-15 seconds to increase his pace. If you don't, he'll just start to lift and cruise around the track. Even on lap 1. I can honestly think of no compelling reason why anyone would want to play B-spec. It doesn't save you time when grinding credits and it's not like you can go AFK. Unless you want to finish last. At least in GT4 it was useful.

Dynamic weather and day/night transitions are great, and then you remember that something like only 4% of all tracks even have this feature. 800 of the cars don't have interior view. You can't change the wheels on them, either. There isn't an 03-04 Cobra or a GT500, but you've got over 30 Skylines to pick from. No online matchmaking and no leader boards. You can't even turn the HUD off (and it needs to be an option when 3/4 of the screen is covered in useless garbage). It makes you wonder what the hell they've been doing the last 6 years. I fully believe that GT5 has only truly been in development 12 months, and that the previous 5 years were spent conceptualizing the game. It feels like an unfinished product. It's great for hot lapping various cars around a track by yourself. Other than that, it's pretty much rubbish.

I'd like to hold out hope that there will be DLC and patches to fix the flaws in the game, but I have zero faith in Sony/PD at this point. Too many broken promises to list.
Old 11/26/10, 12:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm very disappointed with GT5 as well. The standard cars look like crap and they can't even get the 07 GT right. It's got like extra side marker lights and junk.
Old 11/26/10, 12:22 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bpmurr
I'm very disappointed with GT5 as well. The standard cars look like crap and they can't even get the 07 GT right. It's got like extra side marker lights and junk.
is it the japanese version of the stang like in prologue?

Man, hearing the reviews here make me glad I didn't rush out and buy the game!

Last edited by stangfoeva; 11/26/10 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11/26/10, 12:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
is it the japanese version of the stang like in prologue?

Man, hearing the reviews here make me glad I didn't rush out and by the game!
Yup!

Quick Reply: No 2011 in Gran Turismo 5