2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Newb here: What is the process for ordering from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/12, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newb here: What is the process for ordering from dealer?

I am not quite ready to purchase but what is the process for placing a order from my dealer on a build? I see it's very popular here to get exactly what you want but how and what do I need to know before going to talk with dealer? Thanks
Old 6/17/12, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by powerstrokin06
I am not quite ready to purchase but what is the process for placing a order from my dealer on a build? I see it's very popular here to get exactly what you want but how and what do I need to know before going to talk with dealer? Thanks
It pretty much the same deal. You go to the dealer take a car for a test drive and sit down and make the choices you want in the car. You leave a binder and its ordered. He gives you the Order number and after a few weeks you get a vin and then about a week more the window sticker with the build date. I contacted Deysha on here through a PM as she works for Ford and is a great help. You of course can possibly find a car through the Ford site and search your local dealerships to see if they may have exactly what you want and save yourself the wait. If you want to order and get it custom you can use the build and price on the Ford website. Make sure you find a good dealer who can come down from MSRP. And there are always incentives from Ford out there as well.

Good Luck, I hope this helped.
Old 6/17/12, 11:23 PM

Ok thanks. Do you go ahead and shoot the money down? What if the car has issues like the paint with rail dust I've been reading about? If I were buying right this moment I know I can get what I want but will be ordering next spring so 2014s will be coming out so I hope to get a good deal on some poor Boss left on the dealers lot.....Just trying to understand the process as I've never even thought about it. I've always just searched and searched till I found what I wanted.....
Old 6/18/12, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok thanks. Do you go ahead and shoot the money down? What if the car has issues like the paint with rail dust I've been reading about? If I were buying right this moment I know I can get what I want but will be ordering next spring so 2014s will be coming out so I hope to get a good deal on some poor Boss left on the dealers lot.....Just trying to understand the process as I've never even thought about it. I've always just searched and searched till I found what I wanted.....

Like I said most dealers require a binder that shows you are serious about the order. Usually something like $500.00 or so which is refundable. I am hoping my car has no issues from the train/truck.
Old 6/18/12, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Power, welcome to the forum. Eric is correct on the order process. The Wifey's arrived in good condition, no rail dust issues. Just make sure you are well educated on the the options, and car you want. Salesfolks have so much info. they have to remember on so many vehicles they may not know all you need to know. No disrespect intended, just a fact. Easy to do with all the info out there. Good luck.
Old 6/18/12, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Power, if you want a car priced out, so you know what to expect when you order it, list your options and I can send you the MSRP and the invoice price and also the X-Plan price.
Old 6/18/12, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Power, if you want a car priced out, so you know what to expect when you order it, list your options and I can send you the MSRP and the invoice price and also the X-Plan price.
Jeff, maybe I should have ordered from you as you have taken care of my Friend Mike G. with his 2010 Grabber and now his 2013 GT. LOL.. maybe next time..
Old 6/19/12, 07:19 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
It pretty much the same deal. You go to the dealer take a car for a test drive and sit down and make the choices you want in the car. You leave a binder and its ordered. He gives you the Order number and after a few weeks you get a vin and then about a week more the window sticker with the build date. I contacted Deysha on here through a PM as she works for Ford and is a great help. You of course can possibly find a car through the Ford site and search your local dealerships to see if they may have exactly what you want and save yourself the wait. If you want to order and get it custom you can use the build and price on the Ford website. Make sure you find a good dealer who can come down from MSRP. And there are always incentives from Ford out there as well.
Good Luck, I hope this helped.
Hello powerstrokin06,

I see GreenCars provided some great info for you. I wanted to add, 05fordgt is the man to speak to about pricing. We have some awesome members here! Welcome!

Deysha
Old 6/19/12, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, maybe I should have ordered from you as you have taken care of my Friend Mike G. with his 2010 Grabber and now his 2013 GT. LOL.. maybe next time..
Small world ,buddy. You and Riceeatin2000GT are buds? Cool dude!! If you ever need anything, I'm here to help. Mike is a great person and I enjoy chatting with him every so often!!
Old 6/19/12, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Small world ,buddy. You and Riceeatin2000GT are buds? Cool dude!! If you ever need anything, I'm here to help. Mike is a great person and I enjoy chatting with him every so often!!
I have know Mike since I got my 2006, Same car club.
Old 6/19/12, 03:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have know Mike since I got my 2006, Same car club.
LI Stangs? That's cool dude!!
Old 7/4/12, 08:11 AM

I'm not power, but can you help me out with the same info? Here's what I want:

2013 GT Premium .... Deep Impact Blue
1. Brembo Brakes
2. Reverse Sensing/Security Package
3. Saddle Interior
4. Comfort Package
5. Electronics Package
6. Rear Video Camera
7. All Weather Mats
8. Left/Right Side Scoops

I plan to order this week if the price is right and trade value is fair.

Thanks for the help .... iwasgointo
Old 7/4/12, 08:14 AM

I'm not power, but can you help me out with the same info? Here's what I want:

2013 GT Premium .... Deep Impact Blue
1. Brembo Brakes
2. Reverse Sensing/Security Package
3. Saddle Interior
4. Comfort Package
5. Electronics Package
6. Rear Video Camera
7. All Weather Mats
8. Left/Right Side Scoops

I plan to order this week if the price is right and trade value is fair.

Thanks for the help .... iwasgointo