2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New mustang v6 has arrived but........

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/10, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New mustang v6 has arrived but........

Hi guys , I've been lurking around a lot and told my self that when I'll get the car I'll register, so here I am! Ok now here's my story and let me know what you guys think.

Last thursday my dealer called me with big news, the car has arrived after 9 weeks of waiting . So the first thing I did was the go there and check it out , I should take deliverie on monday, and wow there she was MY sweet Grabber blue V6 mustang premium 2011 with manual tranny . The car was dirty and not preped but I didnt care, IT was hot. After 5 min of ...... , I started to check more closer just to be sure and there it was 2 STUPID screws that hold the front plate in my brand new bumper. I'm from Quebec,Canada we dont have front plates and all the other new cars around didnt have those.

I told my seller right away my problem but he didnt seem really responsive to my idea of NOT HAVING FREAKING HOLES IN MY BRAND NEW BUMPER! "Sorry buddy but they are build this way" , come on dont B.S. me , I've seen a other 2011 stang 2 weeks ago without it......

Anyway , I cant wait to get my car but at the same time I will not take it with 2 holes in the front bumper that is sure. Tell me what you guys think, it's my first brand new car and here in Quebec this baby cost around 33 000$ taxe in so I want it to be perfect. There just a few pics from my iphone.
Attached Thumbnails New mustang v6 has arrived but........-kev.jpg   New mustang v6 has arrived but........-kev1.jpg   New mustang v6 has arrived but........-kev3.jpg   New mustang v6 has arrived but........-kev4.jpg   New mustang v6 has arrived but........-kev2.jpg  

Old 6/13/10, 10:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Awesome car! That sucks about the screws...that guy was clueless...you could have totally gotten it without the holes. Hope it gets fixed for you.
Old 6/13/10, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd tell them to replace the bumper. If they don't comply, ask for the Ford zone rep's contact information. Unacceptable, the factory does not put those screws in the bumper. Seems almost spiteful if you ask me.
Old 6/13/10, 10:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Tell him to find another V6 in GB without the bracket installed and have them swap the bumpers. Did you instruct them to not install the bracke before the car came in? If you've been lurking, you know many people have requested just that....
Old 6/13/10, 10:27 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just ask them to switch the bumper with another grabber blue.

or you can get get a touch up pen and fix it.
Old 6/13/10, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
There are only four choices here.

1) They get you a new bumper and you get your car. You will wait for that option.
2) They fix the bumper in a body shop, and you get your car. You will wait for that option.
3) You tell them to order another one just like it, or go to another dealership and do that. You will wait for that option.
4) You take the car, and just deal with the bumper holes. You won't wait for this option.

Ultimately, it's up to you. I, having the ability to wait, would tell them to fix it, and I don't mean bondo. Either a swap bumper from another car that's the same color (and hope it matches anyway), or a new one painted (and hope it matches) or order/find another one, and make sure they don't screw up, or go somewhere else.

Having the sales person directly lie to me about those bolts to ensure the sale? That's a fail of 'leaving now, bye' magnitude, for the record. Don't freakin' LIE to me. Negotiate, sure, but... that's odious.
Old 6/13/10, 10:31 AM
Cobra R Member

My buddy had the same thing happen to him (wasn't a mustang- but same predicament). Basically, as I understood it, he took it to a body shop where they were able to melt, or warm up the section- (not sure really)- to where it can be molded around, and then smoothed it over the holes. there was a slight blemish, but unless told it was there, unnoticeable to the eye. Cost to him was $200.
Old 6/13/10, 10:43 AM
Bullitt Member

I personally would not take it as is. That is unacceptable that they would take it upon themselves to "personalize" your car for you. I'm guessing they were planning to advertise themselves on the front of your car. For me, this would be a deal breaker unless it was replaced with another factory bumper. YMMV, good luck.
Old 6/13/10, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
For the record, there ARE two dimples in the bumper from the factory, guide holes telling them where to drill for the bracket. BUT, the screws are NOT pre-drilled at the factory. If the dealer normally installs the bracket on all their cars, and you didn't request them to leave it off upon delivery, then they may be harder to work with. If you specifically asked them to not install the bracket, then they owe you a bumper. It's Grabber Blue, non metallic (brand new) paint. It will not be hard to match at all. Either trade bumpers with another V6 (and make sure they give you your foglights/foglight bezels/lower chin spoiler) or have them get/paint you a new bumper. That simple.
Old 6/13/10, 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Or . . . you could just put your own personalized plate on the front. Get a blank and paint it grabber blue with the Pony on it or something. Make it "more" Mustang.

I'm not excusing what they did by any means but with VA being one of the "front plate states", I'm not going to lose sleep over that. Plus it's less obvious on Kona than Grabber blue.

Annoyed? Yes. Walking away from the deal? No. Wait until someone in a minivan bangs their door against it or someone lets a shopping cart slide into it. Or someone who drives by feel parallel parks into it. It's gonna happen unless you put it in a time capsule.

I'd argue the point getting some kind of concession. But given how long everyone is waiting for their Mustangs, take it and enjoy every summer day you can with it! You can't see the screws/holes from the driver's seat.
Old 6/13/10, 11:15 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Old 6/13/10, 11:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
That works. :-)
Old 6/13/10, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Or how about this?
Attached Images  
Old 6/13/10, 11:44 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

dont think that looks as good in canada
Old 6/13/10, 12:18 PM
Cobra R Member

seeing how he's from montreal

Old 6/13/10, 12:19 PM
V6 Member

Do not take the car. Make them get you a new vehicle or replace the bumper, also not detailed? Sounds like you need to contact ford customer care.
Old 6/13/10, 12:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by h1w1nd
Do not take the car. Make them get you a new vehicle or replace the bumper, also not detailed? Sounds like you need to contact ford customer care.

Yeah, because that's always worth the time. . .
Old 6/13/10, 12:58 PM

Hahaha no way for those front plates guys! I guess i'll try the " change the bumper of the deal is off " it sucks but I can wait. **** so close to have it.......she's not even a mile from my house
Old 6/13/10, 01:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can see a couple of different sides of this issue. I know how crappy I felt when I found some paint flaws in the first new Mustang that I bought. I also hate having screws in the front bumper for plates, and I'm in a state where front plates are required. Currently only one of our five cars has a front plate, and only one of the cars has a drilled bumper, and it is black, so they are nearly invisible.

I'm not sure I would take the car as is, but I'm not sure I'd want a new car with a whole bumper that was painted/fixed by a body shop either. On the other hand, with insects, sones, small animals, and other road debris, front bumper covers and the leading edge of th ehood are the first to get blemishes on a daily driven car. If you are planning to keep the car garaged and rarely drive it and keep it in 100% show car shape, then ask for a new car with no holes in the bumper. If, however, this will be a daily driven car and subjected to the normal wear and tear that any daily driven car gets, I'd probably tell them to fill in the holes and touch up the paint to your satisfaction, and enjoy your new car ASAP. If you go the DIY route, you could use silicon sealer to fill the holes, smooth them over, and use touch up paint to hide the holes.
Old 6/13/10, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ministang
I can see a couple of different sides of this issue. I know how crappy I felt when I found some paint flaws in the first new Mustang that I bought. I also hate having screws in the front bumper for plates, and I'm in a state where front plates are required. Currently only one of our five cars has a front plate, and only one of the cars has a drilled bumper, and it is black, so they are nearly invisible.

I'm not sure I would take the car as is, but I'm not sure I'd want a new car with a whole bumper that was painted/fixed by a body shop either. On the other hand, with insects, sones, small animals, and other road debris, front bumper covers and the leading edge of th ehood are the first to get blemishes on a daily driven car. If you are planning to keep the car garaged and rarely drive it and keep it in 100% show car shape, then ask for a new car with no holes in the bumper. If, however, this will be a daily driven car and subjected to the normal wear and tear that any daily driven car gets, I'd probably tell them to fill in the holes and touch up the paint to your satisfaction, and enjoy your new car ASAP. If you go the DIY route, you could use silicon sealer to fill the holes, smooth them over, and use touch up paint to hide the holes.
Makes sense

Quick Reply: New mustang v6 has arrived but........