Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

new mustang advice, quieting 600-700rwhp possible?

Search this Thread

Old 8/23/23, 07:42 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by boosted12coyote
Never thought about it pre vs post upstream sensor but it makes sense. Funny thing about the downstreams is they are hooked up and outputting an oscillating voltage akin to upstream sensors as they would if you had bad/no cats and didn't mess with them. Not throwing a code or behaving in a manner akin to downstreams with functional cats. They basically mimicking the upstream looking almost like a sine wave if you watch the voltage on a live data graph. I'd imagine dummy sensors would atleast act like a sensor that's downstream of dome functional cats.
Mini Cat 02 Simulators AKA Dummy Sensors as previously submitted on post #5

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Just an FYI: There is only one method that I'm aware of that may prevent throwing the CEL when running cat deletes... But keep this in mind, it is NOT a guarantee... Therefore, using this product is at your own risk... Product link and images for mini-cat 02 simulators is attached below, if interested? Also, on a side note, knowing that your running long tube headers, your options are restricted to either running straight-pipe/cat deletes or high-flow cats anyhow!

http://bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html

Images Of Mini-Cat 02 Simulators

​​​​​​​
Old 8/23/23, 10:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
If it's making 700 at the wheels, you're not using 700 on the street unless you're running big dot slicks or 28 10.50s or something. Keep your headers an no cats, put some quiet 3 chamber mufflers on it. It's still going to be loud enough, you'll lose 30 HP, and you'll never notice it on the street because you probably can't even hook that up unless you're running something tire wise like above.
Old 8/24/23, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mini Cat 02 Simulators AKA Dummy Sensors as previously submitted on post #5

​​​​​​​

Yeah I saw that but I'd think simulators would output a signal akin to downstreams with working cats not downstreams with no cats. Based on the voltage fluctuation it should be throwing a code dummies or not.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
If it's making 700 at the wheels, you're not using 700 on the street unless you're running big dot slicks or 28 10.50s or something. Keep your headers an no cats, put some quiet 3 chamber mufflers on it. It's still going to be loud enough, you'll lose 30 HP, and you'll never notice it on the street because you probably can't even hook that up unless you're running something tire wise like above.
I can put down the power in 4th and some of third as long as I roll into it... 3.31's on almost 28" tires lol The guy I bought it from didn't believe in TC, Advancetrac, or ABS.

Everytime I've about lost it was trying to roll into it in 2nd. Slow slow slow BOOST F*CK lol. 4th from 70mph feels like it pulls harder than 3rd from 40-50. Still wondering if it's wheel spin I don't feel, just me, or what. Even dropping into 4th after I let off and the tunnel vision subsides I can see smoke in the rear view. Not sure if tires or oil. 305 nt05's, haven't noticed any oil consumption yet. This is on 93 so 600-something rwhp. Gonna try e85 in the next week or two, its supposedly a whole nother animal and 700+. The fastest car I've owned prior to this one was an acura TL or 90's 4 cylinder ranger if we're talking rwd lmao. Didn't even want a boosted one but after like 8 "never wrecked" mustangs I found this one that was actually never wrecked. The fact he turned it into a street legal drag car was just a coincidence.

Last edited by boosted12coyote; 8/24/23 at 06:54 AM.
Old 8/24/23, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have input on spiral baffle mufflers? I've been looking at glaspacks (work great on high hp/Cc motorcycles), and straight through baffled designs that resemble suppressors which also work incredibly well. I'd really like to try adding. I don't want to replace the mufflers I have with a pair of small chambered mufflers so if I went that route It'd probably be buy a new catback with larger chambered mufflers. A roughly 13" long muffler with small chambers just seems wrong for this car. Atleast larger chambered mufflers should theoretically flow better scaling with the internal volume of the mufflers. A 600+ hp air pump just seems like itd be asking a lot of a pair of small 3 chamber mufflers. Like taking a 22lr suppressor and putting it on a 5.56 it's either gonna be loud AF or need to be ran wet with a ton of wipes aka restrictions.

https://www.stainlessheaders.com/i-3...o-baffles.html

Last edited by boosted12coyote; 8/24/23 at 08:09 AM.
Old 8/24/23, 08:36 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Back in the Day the Super Trapps Were a Way Of Being Able to Dial in a Sound By Adding or Removing Discs. Interesting Design. There is a Video Which Explains Different Styles of Mufflers on This Link! Might Be Helpful!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...SABEgJz6PD_BwE

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/24/23 at 08:38 AM.
Old 8/24/23, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by boosted12coyote
Yeah I saw that but I'd think simulators would output a signal akin to downstreams with working cats not downstreams with no cats. Based on the voltage fluctuation it should be throwing a code dummies or not.
The entire purpose of the simulators is preventing the CEL by moving the exhaust gases further downstream from the 02 sensors... If the simulators were to just output a signal downstream with no cats to the rear 02 sensors, just how do you figure this would prevent the CEL from displaying? that just wouldn't make any logical sense at all... Along with moving the exhaust gases further downstream from the rear 02 sensors, replicating the signal downstream of working cats is also required in order to successfully prevent the CEL from activating... In addition, the mini cat 02 simulators do not electronically alter the voltage signal when compared to the previous Mil eliminators that were designed for the older 99-04 SN-95 generation cars... They're identical and function much in the same way as spark plug non-fowlers but add a small mesh screen that replicates a catalytic converter's filter element which reduces the amount of exhaust gases to the rear 02 sensors which is also the intended purpose for preventing the CEL from displaying, in the first place!

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/26/23 at 03:07 PM.
Old 8/24/23, 12:13 PM
The Analog Admin!

I Wonder If Some People Could Use Them With Existing Bad Cats / Hollowed Out To Pass Inspection???? Surely They Could Not Come Out & Say You Could Do That From Supplier. If So Somebody Sneaky Could Also Recess Them To Pass Visual. Here in Ca. I Have Seen Them Use a Mirror under the Car to Look! But Some Don't Look! Interesting! Just a Thought! Don't Know if is Workable But I Would Be Curious to Find Out! Different States and Different Types of Test Methods May Work in Some But Not All Scenarios.

Not That I Would Advise Anybody To Try. Strictly a Hypothetical Question!

Reminds Me Of When the TPMS Came Out & Folks Came Up With Creative ways of Overiding Like a Pressurized Cylinder Etc.

Rocky, Thanks For Posting About Those I Had Not Heard of Them!

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/24/23 at 12:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (8/24/23)
Old 8/24/23, 12:41 PM

Kevin, my guess would be if the bad cats were hollowed out? the mini cat 02 simulators would work, but if they aren't hollowed out and clogged up, then more than likely I would say no, they wouldn't work... I also don't see why they wouldn't work when used with high-flow cats.... They should be able to help by moving the exhaust gases further downstream from the rear 02 sensors.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/24/23 at 03:21 PM.
05stangkc (8/24/23)
Old 8/24/23, 12:42 PM
The Analog Admin!

Kevin, my guess would be if the bad cats were hollowed out? the mini cat 02 simulators would work, but if they aren't hollowed out and clogged up, then more than likely I would say no, they wouldn't work...
Good Point!

That's Why it's Good to Throw Out Idea's To Each & All To Get New Answers! Also Expands Topic to Help Other Folks With Related But Not Identical Issues! We Are All Learning Something New When We Go Out Of The Box a Bit And While We Try & Help the OP First if We Don't This Topic Will Be Helping Others Down The Road. That's A Good Thing!

I'm Amazed when I Go To {Who's Online} and Sometimes See 6 or 7 Folks Looking at The Same {example} 9 Year Old Topic. That Battery Terminal Post You Gave me a Like on Yesterday Is an Example And I Remembered a Recent Battery Terminal Topic Which Tied Together Nicely With it and Put in a Link! Just Makes The Information more Complete!

Anyhoo, That is My Mindset.

Mgb,

Kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/24/23 at 01:06 PM.
m05fastbackGT (8/24/23)
Old 8/24/23, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Good Point!

That's Why it's Good to Throw Out Idea's To Each & All To Get New Answers! Also Expands Topic to Help Other Folks With Related But Not Identical Issues! We Are All Learning Something New When We Go Out Of The Box a Bit And While We Try & Help the OP First if We Don't This Topic Will Be Helping Others Down The Road. That's A Good Thing!

I'm Amazed when I Go To {Who's Online} and Sometimes See 6 or 7 Folks Looking at The Same {example} 9 Year Old Topic. That Battery Terminal Post You Gave me a Like on Yesterday Is an Example And I Remembered a Recent Battery Terminal Topic Which Tied Together Nicely With it and Put in a Link! Just Makes The Information more Complete!

Anyhoo, That is My Mindset.

Mgb,

Kc
Also, just located another mini cat 02 simulator from a different manufacturer on American Muscle... 5 customers all provided positive reviews.... Product links are attached below.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/prosp...o2ccel-45.html
https://www.americanmuscle.com/prosp...stomer_reviews

05stangkc (8/24/23)