2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New GT Owner: Review of my First 2 Weeks with my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/14, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice car. How did you total the truck? That looks pretty bad. If those louvers are factory ones, they should be held on with Velcro. You might have to pull pretty hard to get them off.

Wayne
Old 5/26/14, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farm accident basically. I was hit by a big tractor at an intersection. No one was hurt, but my dogs were shaken up a bit.

I washed the Mustang before taking its pic. Naturally, about 2 hours after taking the pic it rained big time. lol.
Old 5/26/14, 09:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That's a nice looking Mustang

Unfortunate timing by Mother Nature, after washing lol

Nick C.
Old 5/26/14, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The 3M suggestion was spot on. I wish I had gotten front splash guards and 3M clear sprayed the bottom of my doors.

Other easy mods I did in the beginning were a stubby antenna, LED bulbs for the interior/rear plates, rear floor mats.
Old 5/26/14, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
1" and above will have new studs built into the spacer - the spacer bolts to the stock hub, and the wheels bolt to the spacer's studs.

Generally, between 1/4" and 3/4" are slip-over type spacers (essentially a washer) and they will need longer studs if your spacers are more than 1/4"...
I'm interested to see how this looks with the stock 19" wheels as well. I can't stand how the rear wheels seem lost in the wheel well.
Old 5/26/14, 11:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by RTR-5.0
I'm interested to see how this looks with the stock 19" wheels as well. I can't stand how the rear wheels seem lost in the wheel well.
From another member on here (I believe his name is Dennis)...
Attached Thumbnails New GT Owner:  Review of my First 2 Weeks with my Mustang-image-1442262727.jpg   New GT Owner:  Review of my First 2 Weeks with my Mustang-image-3367324938.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 5/26/14, 11:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
to the OP,

Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it! I THINK you are the very first person that's commented on the car as it was! you're the first that I've read anyhow.

I have quite a few things in mind that I'd like to do with mine (when it finally arrives) but, like you, I want to just drive it and enjoy it as is for a while before is start to put any money into it myself.
Old 5/26/14, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great looking car and nice review, I share some of the sentiments, especially the part about the seat back since I didn't know it was like that until after I bought the car, and I've never ever been in a coupe where the seat back didn't return to position. I *was* planning on getting away with possibly putting up with the hassle of a car seat in the early stages a few years from now, but if I have to readjust the recline every single time my wife or I get in or out of the car, the "family car" may end up being a Challenger, lol.
Old 5/28/14, 07:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jhawk12345
I bought a 2014 Mustang GT Premium with Tech Package and Comfort Package in Black. I've owned the car for 2 weeks now and decided to post a review of my experiences with the car so far. ...
Hey jhawk12345,

Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Nice write up! We love to hear your input and are always looking to improve. You’re welcome to give us your two cents on Ford Social.

Emjoy!

Deysha
Old 5/29/14, 12:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
a tear is shed everytime i see how much better looking the 2011-2012 gt is than my 2014.... stupid fake shelby catfish hood and surround
Old 5/29/14, 04:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
a tear is shed everytime i see how much better looking the 2011-2012 gt is than my 2014.... stupid fake shelby catfish hood and surround
I love the 13/14 too, but I have to admit the front end of my 12 makes me all weak in the knees
Old 5/29/14, 04:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Hood struts and new door speakers too.
those speakers are pretty bad lol. I still have no idea why ford boasts about shaker lol. This is easily the worst stock sound system I've owned.

Hood struts are clutch
Old 5/29/14, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by jp1seattle
The 3M suggestion was spot on. I wish I had gotten front splash guards and 3M clear sprayed the bottom of my doors.
That is super annoying about the doors; there are lots of complaints about this too. To help the rest of us out, can you describe how high and how far back you would have sprayed?

I'm doing the 3M film on the front of my new GT when it comes in, but they don't have a lower door template (only the whole door) Since I don't want to do the whole door ($), I was thinking I might be able to get them to do a custom piece over the trouble area for less.
Old 5/29/14, 09:57 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I put 3M on my 2000 GT a long time ago. I liked it but when the edges got dirty it looked kind of crappy. It was still worth the piece of mind. I bought splash guards for my new car but I'm also really interested in the spray. I watched a couple of vids and it looks very cool. I'm worried about not doing it in a garage and crap flying into it while it's drying. I also have stripes to put on my car so I may have to by a kit and modify for the stripes.
Old 5/29/14, 12:24 PM

Hi

I too traded a 2010 GTI, APR stage 1 for a 2013 Mustang Gt. Initially I had buyers remorse. The Mustang Gt build quality was no where near the GTI. But, gradually my silver steed one me over.
You are correct with your statement that the stang has so much karisma.
Just about everyday I get compliments on the car.
The few mods I greatly recommend are:
1. procal tuner from ford motorsport
2. roush axel backs, the best mod I have done.
3. redline hood struts.
4. Tint
5. I bought some Koni srt-t struts, waiting on some steeda sport springs and ford motorsport bump stops..
There is a guy by the name of Sam Strano on this forum who used to race the 5.0. He recommended this suspension set up.
Enhanced handling like a M3.

Last edited by bornagain stang; 5/29/14 at 12:25 PM.
Old 5/29/14, 12:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
That is super annoying about the doors; there are lots of complaints about this too. To help the rest of us out, can you describe how high and how far back you would have sprayed? I'm doing the 3M film on the front of my new GT when it comes in, but they don't have a lower door template (only the whole door) Since I don't want to do the whole door ($), I was thinking I might be able to get them to do a custom piece over the trouble area for less.
Why the bottom of the doors??
Old 5/29/14, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bornagain stang
Hi

I too traded a 2010 GTI, APR stage 1 for a 2013 Mustang Gt. Initially I had buyers remorse. The Mustang Gt build quality was no where near the GTI. But, gradually my silver steed one me over.
You are correct with your statement that the stang has so much karisma.
Just about everyday I get compliments on the car.
The few mods I greatly recommend are:
1. procal tuner from ford motorsport
2. roush axel backs, the best mod I have done.
3. redline hood struts.
4. Tint
5. I bought some Koni srt-t struts, waiting on some steeda sport springs and ford motorsport bump stops..
There is a guy by the name of Sam Strano on this forum who used to race the 5.0. He recommended this suspension set up.
Enhanced handling like a M3.
That's cool but it's already been established that out of the box these cars handle identical to the E92 M3.

Old 5/29/14, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great review

This was a great review and nearly %100 percent the way i felt after trading my 2011 civic Si coupe in for my now 2014 base with tech GT. Going from a sub compact 2800lbs fwd car to the Stang took some getting used to, especially the long nose lol i like how you compared it to a speed boat. Parking in my garage the first week took a little more caution lol. Ive since learned to compensate and its fine now. Two things that bug me about the base Stang are the brakes and the horrible suspension! Ive since installed sve drift wheels 275/45 all around and hawk sport pads which tamed the beast a little. Ive ordered Steeda sport springs / Koni shocks/struts and Steeda panhard bar in hopes that this will eliminate the sloppy handling that i have right now. Over all i think it will handle better than the Si when im done and im looking forward to enjoying handling/power together! Congrats on the Stang and thanks for the review!
Old 5/29/14, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, going from a Supercharged Cobalt SS Stage 1 to my last base '12 GT was life-altering. However, the quality went up for me. lol The Cobalt rattled. Having a soft touch dash is SO nice!
About the car's character... my goodness. It just has this demeanor about it and gets compliments everywhere!
... then I got a Boss and again... life changing. lol
Old 5/29/14, 02:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Astenax
This was a great review and nearly %100 percent the way i felt after trading my 2011 civic Si coupe in for my now 2014 base with tech GT.
Hey from someone else who traded an Si (mine was a 2012 sedan w/ nav) for a '14 GT. Incredible difference if I must say so!!!!

Yep great write-up by the OP. I've had my Ingot Silver base GT (w/ 3.73) since February. Coming from my Si, which I'd done basic bolt on performance mods to along Eibach Pro-kit, there was a bit of a learning curve in driving this beast. But now it feels like old hat. I honestly worried I was going to kill myself for about the first month, lol.

Quick Reply: New GT Owner: Review of my First 2 Weeks with my Mustang