Need some advice------

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 02:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kahdir
x2

or Ford Racing (not the touring)

sorry, was in the middle of posting when you decided... Magnaflow is a very good brand, just not my favorite on Mustangs. Flowmasters on Fox bodies, Bassani w/ a X-pipe on SN195s and S197s, Borla Stingers w/o changing the H-pipe are my favorites for sound.
Touring no good?
Old 6/4/10, 02:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
Touring no good?
For me, no... they are quieter. I wanted a more aggressive sound.
The advantage of the touring mufflers is the ability to make a phone call while the car is running

The stingers suck when you try to make a (hands free) call, especially if its to an automated system...
Old 6/4/10, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what i've heard, i would have gone with the stingers. when i had my 05 V6, a local muffler shop installed it for about $30 with really clean work and done in 30 minutes (had to let the pipes cool).

what are your ultimate goals with the car? i've fancied the roush system since it doesn't void warranty, but that's just me. or you can whipple. if i had gone the 2010 route, my options would be the stingers and either a roush or black coated whipple so i could stay on my stealth theme (sterling gray, 15% tints all around with some black outs on the tail lights, and some black bullits)